Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2024

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
That's obviously me then in a minority of one, cos I always feel that Radiohead are the 90s version of prog; rambling and self-indulgent. Never seen them live tho, so I'm probably missing something.
For me it was as much as the time of my life in 1997. I'd not long been married, 1st child was on the way, I was on my 3rd promotion at work in 6 years and things were just about as good as it gets. We all have years in our life which were our 'salad' days and the late 90's was it for me, and Glasto that year just put the icing on the cake. Fond fond memories.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
He needs a couple of beers mats under that stool.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I just don't deem them worthy of headlining....again...and again.
I quite like Coldplay, but it’s a very safe booking as a band with a good back catalogue who are very capable at putting on a live show.

It’s a shame as the last two years the Saturday headliners (Paul McCartney and Elton John) have been absolute barnstormers. I wonder if they really wanted Taylor Swift tonight in the middle of her tour and she turned it down, and Coldplay were an easy replacement?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Yeah bit like watching the same movie multiple times, never really get that.
It's a good gig, just samey, as to be expected..
They really don't warrant (another) head-lining slot. No idea who should, though.
Very disappointed that Shania Twain is the 'legend'.
How so? Pfft.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Little Simz absolutely killing it on the main stage, audience lapping it up.
Yes I know you are trying to be amusing, but she was excellent. I'm 66. I suspect you may be 96. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
How are people going for it in the crowd? Every song sounds the same
If I didn’t know better I’d suggest they were on something. But there’s no way that would happen in a Glastonbury crowd. No way.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll admit to finding The Coldplay hate just bizarre.

There'a a whole world of music that doesn't work for me, but I don't call it shit/shite/<insert another abusive term here>.

Me not liking something doesn't make it objectively shit.

I recall eagerly awaiting the arrival of Springsteen at the Pyramid Stage on the Saturday night way back in 2009. I'd not seen him live before, but his live sets were legendary. After half an hour I'd had enough - it just wasn't for me. It wasn't shite, it just didn't vibe with me. I staggered off and found The Wonder Stuff playing Dizzy in a tent somewhere and got involved in the bouncing around, having all kinds of fun.

Springsteen isn't shite. Coldplay aren't shite.

Music is a big, broad place. Enjoy what you like. Don't slag off the stuff you don't, nor the people who enjoy it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here