Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2024

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Little Simz absolutely killing it on the main stage, audience lapping it up.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Little Simz "Ladies and Gentlemen you are witnessing greatness."

She's not wrong.

boik

I can't help myself whenever there's an opportunity to watch a Radiohead gig. I've seen the 1997 set twice already in the last week. Once we'd done Confidence Man, LCD Soundsystem and PJ Harvey on the Beeb yesterday, we had a scout around for anything else and it was all a bit meh, so we had to watch 1997 again, which is Michael Eavis' favourite ever set in the 53 years that Glasto has been going.
That's obviously me then in a minority of one, cos I always feel that Radiohead are the 90s version of prog; rambling and self-indulgent. Never seen them live tho, so I'm probably missing something.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That's obviously me then in a minority of one, cos I always feel that Radiohead are the 90s version of prog; rambling and self-indulgent. Never seen them live tho, so I'm probably missing something.
None of us are wrong and we all have different taste

I had the misfortune of hearing some of Little simz whilst in the workshop earlier . . . May be good, but just not my thing. The thought of Keane makes me feel a bit sick. . . . And I've already filled my ears with silicone sealant in case someone turns the TV on when Coldplaice are on.

LAst time I went to GLastonbury ( a long time ago granted) Saturday night was Elvis COstello & the attractions, followed by Paul Weller. Which I consider to be a rather good double headliner.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Orbital currently smashing it and everyone else out of the park.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Minority of two....
I find them terribly dull (see also Elbow)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Orbital currently smashing it and everyone else out of the park.

Got to be honest - having enjoyed Orbital many times before, I find them a bit meh, tonight.
For me, still the stand-out performance has been PJ Harvey, thus far.
Yeah always like orbital but the sets not really changed since the 90s glasto 1999 was amazing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here