Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Girlfriend go bye-bye

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
:)I might even think of going to loverman school and become a professionally hot fox of a chap, learning to lean at bars effectively and alluringly, making ladies who pass think there's something growling and baseball-sized in my leathery pants.

On my last day at a certain local newspaper I reviewed this. Still got the pristine copy if you want it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Did you ever get one of those pizzas from the vending machine?

:)
I'd forgotten about that.
No i didn't. I took the right change with me that one day and had an army of about 10 watchers to see how it worked and for me to return to the offices triumphant with a gloopy cheese monstrosity under my arm, but the damn thing was out of order and then permanently taken away.
I might have to see where it went and track it down and use it or buy it and keep it at home to use whenever drunk or famished.
It's making me think of Johnny 5 alive.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
:lolol:

Pristine as in unread?
And why was it your last day working there?

Well, i guess it just was. Pristine because 1) i've barely read it and 2) my girlfriend wouldn't let me read it. She thought love shouldn't be reduced to a game and all that stuff. I don't know whether it might be of value if you had resilience and an ability not to laugh at yourself every time you tried to take yourself seriously? The offer's there. I can pay postage if you're too heartbroken for stamps.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I might even think of going to loverman school and become a professionally hot fox of a chap, learning to lean at bars effectively and alluringly, making ladies who pass think there's something growling and baseball-sized in my leathery pants. Or i might do some IT training to forge some form of better career.

I'd go for the leathery baseball thingy course.

Bravo

Nov 24, 2009
Hello. Norwich fan here. Popped in to see the chat about tonight's game and got drawn into this thread.

Could I respectfully suggest, rather than those depressing tunes by The Smiths and Nilsson, you have a listen to this one by one of Norwich's finest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCS5H4fwLLQ

You say you've lost your girl
It's not the end of the world...

Good luck with everything. Hope it works out.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Hello. Norwich fan here. Popped in to see the chat about tonight's game and got drawn into this thread.

Could I respectfully suggest, rather than those depressing tunes by The Smiths and Nilsson, you have a listen to this one by one of Norwich's finest?

Blimey :ohmy::thumbsup:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Bravo indeed! :clap:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just wondered how things were panning out Mr Meade's Ball ???

Hope things are getting better for you, and you have not gone out and brought yourself the complete collections of the smiths & leonard cohen :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It amazes me how many of my friends who are either married or in long term relationships are currently splitting up or giving serious thought to it. Just before Christmas too. Being currently single, I ask- what's with you all? I thought most break-ups happened after Christmas, not before.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
It amazes me how many of my friends who are either married or in long term relationships are currently splitting up or giving serious thought to it. Just before Christmas too. Being currently single, I ask- what's with you all? I thought most break-ups happened after Christmas, not before.

I suppose maybe people think about the long holiday break and think that thet can't bear to spend it with them. Or maybe they just want to get out of buying a present!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I suppose maybe people think about the long holiday break and think that thet can't bear to spend it with them. Or maybe they just want to get out of buying a present!

Thing is, there's no time to remind you you're single quite like Christmas is there...half the singletons are looking on envious of those in relationships, while half those who are committed seem to be looking elsewhere. Classic "grass is greener" syndrome?

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
My girlfriend left me the other morning. Quite rightly so as well. She found some texts from a girl i have semi-fallen for behind her back, packed her bags and boxes whilst i was at work, and left. I came home to the flat we had very shortly shared and all her things had departed. The books on the shelves had lost a third of their members and the neck-high pile of dvds had shrunken to bellybutton level. I feel bad, of course, but wonder how bad and what that all meant. I feel the baddest because she found out i wanted to not be with her that much and had discovered that maybe we weren't such a perect match from the start two years ago. So i feel bad with the idea of running into her and her looking sorry or bitter. She deserves more than what i, a man who half-loved her at best, could give her and i hope she sees that now. The morning that she checked my phone and banged it on the bathroom door i was behind she called me a ****, once again quite rightly, and as the front door closed hollored that she wishes for me to die alone. And i can accept that too.
Now i am in a flat i can't afford and with little but space and the things she wanted, took for the time she thought i thought enough of her, but left behind perhaps wanting to forget the last two years in order to move on. I'm sorry for what i did, and sorry that she had to move from Spain to here to enter into something that couldn't work. My guts correctly aches and i hope it does for as long as she hurts at least.

A touching and honest account! Fair play to you, Meadey. Sit on it a bit, play snoo-snoo with the other lovely meantime and look to the future from the raised platform of ...'later' to get the bigger picture....

p.S I somehow knew she was going to be revealed as either Spanish or French as soon as you mentioned the mobile hitting door aspect! ;)

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
my ex had his xmas present early....part paid trip diving .....so demanded my money back! result...so..now i have no bfr, but do have nice new boots and watch! hehe...probably both more reliable and both dont pee over the floor instead of in the bog!!
k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here