Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Girlfriend go bye-bye

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
It amazes me how many of my friends who are either married or in long term relationships are currently splitting up or giving serious thought to it. Just before Christmas too. Being currently single, I ask- what's with you all? I thought most break-ups happened after Christmas, not before.

I broke up with my girlfriend 3 days before last Christmas. I think it would actually be more depressing to do it in January.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Well her and i are still split and haven't thrown a word in each other's direction.
There are minutes that pass when i actively miss her beaming smile and natural enthusiasm for life and surroundings and her keen looks toward me that always made me wince and reel confusedly. And there are other times when i just feel horrendously alone. But i slightly felt that with her. Or with anyone i at all share any space with.

I went to a neurologist on Friday. He tickled my feet and made me walk eyes-closedly barefoot on his carpet to see how dead my right leg was/is. He quizzed me impersonally and then asked me to name any aroma he made me sniff from various bottles he had half-filled. I couldn't recognise any of the smells. I said one might be a bit minty, but that was because i thought one of them had to have some bit of mint in there somewhere. But i thought of this yesterday and wept bitterly. And that was a little because i had no one to tell it to. Or no one that would really understand at least. I don't think the ex would have really understood, as much as she lovingly tried, but the sense of loneliness was deeply unavoidable. I wished to fall to my knees and be held and fed and dried for a week, but instead i had to return to work and go back moodily onto the phones to answer stupid questions from confused people about direct debit details and changes of address and from one angry psychologist that i and my organisation were a waste of space. Anyway, i greatly missed being cared for and having no one to really whisper private things to knowingly. And having no one who could at least quite pretend to understand.

I suppose now i just have to properly move from this flat and off to another smaller one that i can financially handle. And work out what to do if next year i get enough compensation to quit work for a year and study something or just walk around a lot and look at things, maybe selling my services to those who need their dogs walked or their disabled grandmothers wheeled.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Since I found out that all of this
Is nothing more than emptiness
Filled with impermanence
A guided tour of your deepest fears
Designed to help your vision clear
We'll depart from here
And then the strangest feeling drifted over me
Oh we'll begin where you give in now baby dear
Are thou misunderstood
I'll drink all day and play by night
Upon my casio electric piano
Till in the darkness I see lights
But not candelabra
But things from other stars
Just like Liberace
I will return to haunt you with peculiar piano riffs
So take it back, back to the start
Rip out your lily livered hearts
And hand them over in a vacum-sealed jar
I say I will not take half a risk
I will not walk half deceased
I believe bravery exists
And the strangest feeling drifted over me
Are thou misunderstood
But not candelabra
But not candelabra

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
so lets have this right.

you moved in with a girl that you werent committed to and like a dick was texting other women.

she had moved in with you from another country.

you thought texting and flirting with other women was more fun than having a proper relationship.

now this woman is high and dry after moving in with you,

now she has gone and you 'cannot afford the place by yourself'.

what sort of man are you?

you rent places with women as you do not have the wherewithall to put a roof over their heads without their input, but as soon as someone bats their eyelids at you you f*** them off. you do not own your own place it appears, or have the funds to look after a woman.

you might write some funny stuff on a football website, but as a man you appear a two bob cheapskate bloke.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
so lets have this right.

you moved in with a girl that you werent committed to and like a dick was texting other women.

she had moved in with you from another country.

you thought texting and flirting with other women was more fun than having a proper relationship.

now this woman is high and dry after moving in with you,

now she has gone and you 'cannot afford the place by yourself'.

what sort of man are you?

you rent places with women as you do not have the wherewithall to put a roof over their heads without their input, but as soon as someone bats their eyelids at you you f*** them off. you do not own your own place it appears, or have the funds to look after a woman.

you might write some funny stuff on a football website, but as a man you appear a two bob cheapskate bloke.

Wow. Thats quite a broadside obviously from someone who knows nothing about the history of MB. I never ceases to amaze me the personal and abusive attacks on NSC from someone who has never met that person or know the facts.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Wow. Thats quite a broadside obviously from someone who knows nothing about the history of MB. I never ceases to amaze me the personal and abusive attacks on NSC from someone who has never met that person or know the facts.

hahahahaha stop please.

you drunkenly posted your problems with women yourself the other day didnt you. that was so embarrassing it wasnt true reading that. glass houses and that mate.

this fella told us all about his infidelity and lack of financial ability to keep a flat without sharing it with a woman he cheats on, and you are pulling ME up on commentating about it?

mental.

you could know all about my personal life if i put it up on a football website, but unfortiunately i dont because i am not a C U NT. Even if the people on here are your mates, tell them yourself at the pub or something.

i do not give a f*** if this fella has extenuating circumstances, or is a top bloke in real life, his post came across as irresponsible, mean and selfish, no matter how much hair shirt you put on it. a bit of self effacement does not always forgive things.

stick to getting pissed up on a computer and telling us about what a failure with women you are. then grow a spine. then learn that us in the real world know that you do not cheat on women, you look after them and do not just live with them to pay the rent on your bedsit.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fair enough mate. I just think MB has day to day struggles we could only imagine due to his accident and you did call him a two bob cheapskate bloke.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003

Don't worry about it Uncle. Just some bloke from the internet. Just as i am.
He's right in some ways for what it's worth.
:)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
hahahahaha stop please.

you drunkenly posted your problems with women yourself the other day didnt you. that was so embarrassing it wasnt true reading that. glass houses and that mate.

this fella told us all about his infidelity and lack of financial ability to keep a flat without sharing it with a woman he cheats on, and you are pulling ME up on commentating about it?

mental.

you could know all about my personal life if i put it up on a football website, but unfortiunately i dont because i am not a C U NT. Even if the people on here are your mates, tell them yourself at the pub or something.

i do not give a f*** if this fella has extenuating circumstances, or is a top bloke in real life, his post came across as irresponsible, mean and selfish, no matter how much hair shirt you put on it. a bit of self effacement does not always forgive things.

stick to getting pissed up on a computer and telling us about what a failure with women you are. then grow a spine. then learn that us in the real world know that you do not cheat on women, you look after them and do not just live with them to pay the rent on your bedsit.

mmmm. I will try and keep calm. I do not consider myself a failure with Women as I have been in relationships for 17 years out of the last 18. I have not struggled to attract Women but sometimes find them hard to work out and that was the jist of my drunken post last week which has been mispresented by people who want to have a dig. If that makes me a failure with Women fine. Infact if you want to dredge through the archives I think you could find something far more " embarrasing " when my emotions were destroyed and I vented my spleen on NSC , that was a great laugh.

My mistake is I wear my heart on my sleeve and post stuff far too personal and I have learned that recently. Also if you have been drinking keep well away from the forum.

I will not be posting much from now on as I think NSC is taken far more out of me than I am taking from NSC.

Anyway people can learn from my mistakes.

MB has been guilty of not loving his ex but it does not warrant your abuse at the end.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fair do's. We have all posted regrettable things on here. I like Meades posts though, half the time I forget what the subject matter is due to the poetic nature of his copy.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Fair do's. We have all posted regrettable things on here. I like Meades posts though, half the time I forget what the subject matter is due to the poetic nature of his copy.

me too. he makes me laugh.but i know far too many people who make me laugh that you cannot trust as far as you can piss.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I wouldn't know who to trust on here, I only know 2 or 3 posters personaly and they are degenerate scumbags no sane person would associate with in a month of sundays!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
MB has been guilty of not loving his ex but it does not warrant your abuse at the end.

I did love her, but my mind was ever-dominated by a slow and plodding recovery and paranoic self-inspection of every sentence uttered. It kind of meant i couldn't give that much to her, and sometimes meant i just wanted to be alone. I should have realised these things earlier of course and not dragged her along at all.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
well if that is the case and i am out of order i apologise. not to you to him.

No need to apologise. I only reveal parts of my less-than-interesting lifestory to strangers on NSC. And just because i find everything so difficult doesn't mean it should have bad effects on someone i shared space with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here