Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giggs and Bellamy not singing GSTQ

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Dont really understand how you could suggest forcing some authoritarian rule where we all sing the national anthem and carry a flag and are proud to be something we have no control over. British by chance. Who cares. The role of Head of state only still exists as it makes financial sense to keep her.

I will follow team gb not by some falsely brainwashed identity but as a sense of loyalty to my national side.

so will I ................pity they (giggs and bellamy) and probably most of the welsh don't think the same way.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Since when did being an atheist or a republican preclude you from being proud to play football for Great Britain?
I find your comments on this thread moronic and your overt racism abhorrent. Players should be picked for their
skills and not for their intelligence.

Your spelling of the Welsh as the "welsh" is childish in the extreme.

I am English/British/a UK national, your bigotry is not done in my name!

I would suggest you try living there for a short while ..then you might find out what the word racist really is .........they hate everyone including other welshmen.............ie:- in Carmarthenshire where I lived for 9 years if you come from Swansea you are classed as English

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Giggs is captain isn't he ? Dirty adulterer. Shouldn't,t be anywhere near the armband.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Giggs

Sorry, he has gone down in my estimation not as a footballer, but as a person. If you are representing GB then you should sing the anthem.:annoyed: Applies to all the players.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Because the Welsh have their own national anthem

They're not representing Wales though, they're representing GB, and God Save the Queen is the British national anthem. The commentator just remarked that they choose not to sing it "because they are Welsh", but that's beside the point .... they are British, whether they like it or not. Now if they refuse to sing simply because they don't believe in that anthem, or any other anthem, then fair enough, but if they refuse to sing just because they are Welsh, and it's not the Welsh anthem, then they shouldn't be allowed the opportunity to represent GB in my opinion.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
He is welsh? Why should he? It would get on my nerves if an English player didn't sing it, but he isn't English.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
He is welsh? Why should he? It would get on my nerves if an English player didn't sing it, but he isn't English.

Because it's a British national anthem, not English.

Although, I don't see why people get all uptight about it.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Sorry, he has gone down in my estimation not as a footballer, but as a person. If you are representing GB then you should sing the anthem.:annoyed: Applies to all the players.

So him f***ing his brothers wife and cheating on his wife twice didn't change your opinion of him as a person, but not singing a national anthem that he doesn't feel is his does? The man's a **** but he doesn't have to sing if he doesn't want to, under the same circumstances neither would I.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not that I give a toss if he sings it anymore...f*** him...but it is the national anthem of great Britain and northern Ireland...who they are representing.

Yes Wales have cuwm Rhondda but they are not representing Wales.

Feb 14, 2010
Some of the greatest if not the greatest Englishmen / people from the British Isles were The Levellers. People with great foresight and intelligence. The creators of the idea of democracy and the vote for all. They however would not have sung god save the queen / king given that they had just spent years fighting the idea of the divine right of kings.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Some of the greatest if not the greatest Englishmen / people from the British Isles were The Levellers. People with great foresight and intelligence. The creators of the idea of democracy and the vote for all. They however would not have sung god save the queen / king given that they had just spent years fighting the idea of the divine right of kings.

shit band anyway:lol::lol::bigwave:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If he is prepared to represent GB, he should be prepared to sing the GB National Anthem. Did he sing it when he played for England under 18's or whatever level it was when he played for ENGLAND?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here