Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giggs and Bellamy not singing GSTQ

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Why should he?
The Queen didn't seem at all bothered when the GB team entered during the opening ceremony.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Can't believe people can get their knickers so twisted over whether or not someone sings the stupid national anthem. Ridiculous

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why should he?
The Queen didn't seem at all bothered when the GB team entered during the opening ceremony.

You have a good point here.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Sorry, he has gone down in my estimation not as a footballer, but as a person. If you are representing GB then you should sing the anthem.:annoyed: Applies to all the players.

Surely it's what he does during the game that matters more. Get over it.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Why do we have an obsession with singing the national anthem in this country? It really does not bother me in the slightest and as that is recognised as national anthem of England why should the Welsh sing it?

may be the English national anthem but is also the anthem of Great Britain, who incidently, Giggs and co are representing.By not singing they are only showing themselves as the uneducated inbreds the welsh are reputed to be.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
the non-anthem singers the best players again.

My interest in this team grows with the tedious tabloid mentality of those trying to have a go at players who don't pipe up to the shitty dirge we have as our anthem.

Good on them.

Patriotism correctness gone mad.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It is weird though in this case. Just about everyone else in the British team will be singing it, but because they play/played for Wales, they didn't. A bit pathetic really, they didn't have to play for team GB.

Not that you know this of course, their Welshness may not come into this at all. Maybe they are republicans so they decided not to sing it. After all it would be a bit hypocritical of them to want to abolish the monarchy and then sing God Save the Queen.

Maybe we should have a new national anthem that royalist and republicans can both sing. One that reflects the beliefs of modern day Britain.

I personally don't ever sing it because I don't see the point of asking someone who doesn't exist to save someone who I don't think should continue in their current role.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Not that you know this of course, their Welshness may not come into this at all. Maybe they are republicans so they decided not to sing it. After all it would be a bit hypocritical of them to want to abolish the monarchy and then sing God Save the Queen.

Maybe we should have a new national anthem that royalist and republicans can both sing. One that reflects the beliefs of modern day Britain.

I personally don't ever sing it because I don't see the point of asking someone who doesn't exist to save someone who I don't think should continue in their current role.

I know lets make them sing "Jerusalem" "land of hope and glory" or "swing low sweet chariot" that will start them off again about getting independance .................I personally cannot wait for that day , but its never going to happen they are to relient on the rest of us.
Oh but if they ever do get independance they can have the royals for free

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Couldn't give a shit if they sing or not. Why are people fussing over it? They are there to play football, not sing a pointless song about some bint they have never met.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not that you know this of course, their Welshness may not come into this at all. Maybe they are republicans so they decided not to sing it.
Of course, they're probably republicans.
It's just an anthem. So do you only ever sing songs where the words equate to your life? Weird.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Wtf does it matter?
The guy is competing, and it's not for money or a personal aggrandisement - so that's ALL that matters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why do we have an obsession with singing the national anthem in this country?

'We' don't. People who decide to get mock-angry and think they can sit in judgement of the level of someone's patriotism do.

It really does not bother me in the slightest and as that is recognised as national anthem of England why should the Welsh sing it?

Actually, England doesn't have a National Anthem.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
may be the English national anthem but is also the anthem of Great Britain, who incidently, Giggs and co are representing.By not singing they are only showing themselves as the uneducated inbreds the welsh are reputed to be.
Seriously?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here