Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giggs and Bellamy not singing GSTQ

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Dont really understand how you could suggest forcing some authoritarian rule where we all sing the national anthem and carry a flag and are proud to be something we have no control over. British by chance. Who cares. The role of Head of state only still exists as it makes financial sense to keep her.

I will follow team gb not by some falsely brainwashed identity but as a sense of loyalty to my national side.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
I get the impression that bellamy at least would have an issue with singing any anthem that was British rather than welsh, he's just too thick to realise that this really should preclude him fro playing for team GB .

Since when did being an atheist or a republican preclude you from being proud to play football for Great Britain?
I find your comments on this thread moronic and your overt racism abhorrent. Players should be picked for their
skills and not for their intelligence.

Your spelling of the Welsh as the "welsh" is childish in the extreme.

I am English/British/a UK national, your bigotry is not done in my name!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's be honest if you were really interested you would research it yourself, but to continue the argument, according to wikipedia 1.2 million of his own money. I also note he signed for us last week and as of today he joins in singing the national anthem.

1.2m since 2007 using your same source. This is just under 250k a year on average or 5% of his very disposable Man City wages. 5% is better than 0% but not a huge philanthropic gesture in my opinion. The fact he bangs on about it so much only makes me think it is not just an act of altruism. And it is interesting that whenever the topic of Bellamy being a total bell-end is discussed someone ALWAYS trots out the "but he does so much for charity" line. The propaganda is clearly working.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
5% is better than 0% but not a huge philanthropic gesture in my opinion. The fact he bangs on about it so much only makes me think it is not just an act of altruism.

I woud describe 5% as impressive for sure. Also are you taking his headline salary for the percentage, or after tax.

Maybe it is just me but I have never heard Bellamy bang on about it. I saw a news story about it once - and this is an age where there are many media outlets with hours to fill. It seems to me he just gets on with it and is not bothered about others think. I think he deserves some credit.

Just my two-penneth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I woud describe 5% as impressive for sure. Also are you taking his headline salary for the percentage, or after tax.

Maybe it is just me but I have never heard Bellamy bang on about it. I saw a news story about it once - and this is an age where there are many media outlets with hours to fill. It seems to me he just gets on with it and is not bothered about others think. I think he deserves some credit.

Just my two-penneth.

I have heard him talking about it and it is in most if not all articles on the player. Admittedly it is not always him that raises the topic but he can ask for it to be kept out; but he never does. Naming a charity after yourself is not a quiet way of going about things is it?

Whatever happened to the era of "I don't talk about my charity work"?

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I imagine all the people Bellamy's charity helps think he's a tight bastard with a massive ego.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyway, don't want to spend anymore time typing about Bellamy so

1) IMHO not singing GSTQ it was down to some tiresome anti-English bollocks.
2) I have suspicion about some of the motive behind his CRAIG BELLAMY CHARITY.
3) He is a monumental bell-end.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm sure he was born in wales

Cardiff. He did play for England as a school boy or u16 or something though. I think this might be the posters angle.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I imagine all the people Bellamy's charity helps think he's a tight bastard with a massive ego.

Beggars can't be choosers though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Didn't say he was tight, but he certainly has an ego. Are you trying to suggest he is a shy, modest and quiet?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also, having a barrel chest and no neck is not a great look especially on a short arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here