Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giggs and Bellamy not singing GSTQ

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't disagree, it's just that you KNOW someone like Bellamy doesn't sing it because he is Welsh. End of. And if that is the case then he shouldn't represent the Union.

I thought Wales was in Great Britain.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I don't disagree, it's just that you KNOW someone like Bellamy doesn't sing it because he is Welsh. End of. And if that is the case then he shouldn't represent the Union.

I disagree twice.

a) We don't know why Bellamy wouldn't sing. Maybe he's a republican? Maybe an atheist? Maybe he's self conscious about his singing voice? Could be anything.
b) Even if it was because he's Welsh, then there's no reason that should keep him out of Team GB. It's about football, not politics.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I disagree twice.

a) We don't know why Bellamy wouldn't sing. Maybe he's a republican? Maybe an atheist? Maybe he's self conscious about his singing voice? Could be anything.
b) Even if it was because he's Welsh, then there's no reason that should keep him out of Team GB. It's about football, not politics.

we might think its about football but they(the welsh) always think its about politics I lived there for 9 years they hate us and treat any news fron ENGLAND with distain and I would not mind but both are absolute toe rags aggressive and cannot keep the trouser snake in their trousers there surely must be better Scots players

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
we might think its about football but they(the welsh) always think its about politics I lived there for 9 years they hate us and treat any news fron ENGLAND with distain and I would not mind but both are absolute toe rags aggressive and cannot keep the trouser snake in their trousers there surely must be better Scots players

CMS, for one.

I disagree twice.

a) This is Craig Bellamy. We KNOW.

b) There are enough players out there who do want to represent Great Britain, David Beckham being the obvious example, that we shouldn't be picking reluctant Welsh knobheads just to fill our non-English quota.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
a) This is Craig Bellamy. We KNOW.

b) There are enough players out there who do want to represent Great Britain, David Beckham being the obvious example, that we shouldn't be picking reluctant Welsh knobheads just to fill our non-English quota.

Agree to disagree I suppose. :smile:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
How much more self obsessed/ego centric can you get than naming your own charity after yourself?
How about not bothering to think at all about how you could help those less fortunate than yourself ?
I can see where you are coming from though. Would you say the same about Melinda Gates and Warren Buffet ? Putting your name to charitable giving like this is more a marker to others, to remind them that maybe there is more to life than conspicuous consumption, fame and celebrity.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Does it matter?

They're entering the Olympic Games, not the sodding Eurovision Song Contest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How about not bothering to think at all about how you could help those less fortunate than yourself ?
I can see where you are coming from though. Would you say the same about Melinda Gates and Warren Buffet ? Putting your name to charitable giving like this is more a marker to others, to remind them that maybe there is more to life than conspicuous consumption, fame and celebrity.

I disagree. In the vast majority of cases I can only see one reason why people add their name to charities. I'm not questioning their sincerity, just their vanity. With respect to its operations it makes no difference what Craig Bellamy's charity is called. But, given a lot of people think he is a monumental bell-end I have no doubt he like people to know he does this work.

Out of interest how much of a percentage of his wages has Bellamy donated. How much time has he given?

Last edited:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
It's not their National Anthem so why would they, I bet Pearcey forgot to give them a copy of the words...huh calls himself a manager!!!

Yes, the national anthem (and that of the country they were representing) is GSTQ. They should be singing it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I disagree. In the vast majority of cases I can only see one reason why people add their name to charities. I'm not questioning their sincerity, just their vanity. With respect to its operations it makes no difference what Craig Bellamy's charity is called. But, given a lot of people think he is a monumental bell-end I have no doubt he like people to know he does this work.

Out of interest how much of a percentage of his wages has Bellamy donated. How much time has he given?

Let's be honest if you were really interested you would research it yourself, but to continue the argument, according to wikipedia 1.2 million of his own money. I also note he signed for us last week and as of today he joins in singing the national anthem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here