Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getafe match thread

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I'm still not clear on the score? Was it 0-1? Anyone know what the attendance was yet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
90 minutes and 2 of our main strikers didnt manage 1 single shot on goal never mind actually scoring

It's like putting on your favourite cardie and slippers, isn't it?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
First and foremost I didn't go today. And I'd love to be more positive. However, like many you get the feeling that we're going to meander into the season with a hope and a prayer that there are three teams worse than us :(

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It's like putting on your favourite cardie and slippers, isn't it?

There is hope, the window is still open and the recruitment team are obvs trying to do something, but it as exactly as you say, like slipping back into the same old slippers!

If someone isnt bothered by no shots on goal from 2 of your main strikers and tamely losing at home, I'd question that indifference more than from those who arent happy with it.

Each to their own

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is hope, the window is still open and the recruitment team are obvs trying to do something, but it as exactly as you say, like slipping back into the same old slippers!

If someone isnt bothered by no shots on goal from 2 of your main strikers and tamely losing at home, I'd question that indifference more than from those who arent happy with it.

Each to their own

Despite doing that for much of last season The Deluded Few would have you believe the team, sorry 'we', were robbed of a 12th placed finish. :facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just got home. Great to be back at the Amex, lovely pie (chicken balti), nice pint and a good catch up. ID check was painless and rapid with no queue and NFC worked instantly at the turnstile, although the expected fvuckwits were faffing around for their passes in front of us. Exited the car park instantly post-match.

Only negative - if it matters - was the football. Pretty mediocre, disjointed showing from us. Dunk/Webster/Veltman did ok as a unit, March was alright in patches and Trossard looked sharp when he came on (as did Duffy who predictably won everything in the air). The rest….all a bit meh really.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Really pissed off about this and nothing on HesGoal. The club could have streamed this if they wanted at least for free as a thank you to the fans. If there's anyone from the club reading this - your idiots and the PR is shit
*you’re idiots

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Really ? So why haven’t we addressed the most obvious area which for the last four seasons have seen us looking over our shoulders with about 3/5 games to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eight seasons.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Good

Being back at the football. Drinking beer and seeing people like [MENTION=314]Arthur[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2405]Fourteenth Eye[/MENTION] again.

The Bad

Us, the ref and Getafe's cheating

The Ugly

Aaron Connolly. Sorry, I mean our individual errors.

Utterly pathetic tonight but it's always good to get it out of the way in a game that doesn't matter. Getafe were filthy, organised and good from set pieces. Which is fairly much what Burnley will be. If we can learn from that then all is good but I do worry that a lot of teacher's time will be spent getting Mwepu to understand the offside rule.

Special shout out to the ref who was all kinds of out of his depth.

All in all, as normal a day out as I've had since we lost to Palace just before lock down 1 :drink:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just got home. Great to be back at the Amex, lovely pie (chicken balti), nice pint and a good catch up. ID check was painless and rapid with no queue and NFC worked instantly at the turnstile, although the expected fvuckwits were faffing around for their passes in front of us. Exited the car park instantly post-match.

Only negative - if it matters - was the football. Pretty mediocre, disjointed showing from us. Dunk/Webster/Veltman did ok as a unit, March was alright in patches and Trossard looked sharp when he came on (as did Duffy who predictably won everything in the air). The rest….all a bit meh really.

Where was my pint? I’m going to moan about ref who was a bit of a numpty ..hope we don’t have him in a league game….and whoever paid for NM’s anger management course should ask for a rebate :whistle:
(He very sensibly stayed away from the after match handshakes with the bunch of divers

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Don't you come on here with all that positive shit.

This forum is for wailing banshees, wagging fingers at whichever scapegoat they think deserves a good dressing down.

(Apologies, I've had a drink. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow).

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
*you’re idiots

Quick, someone better call the grammar police. That other helmet (we all know who) will be along in a minute, trying to belittle others. Getting very tiresome now, the same old posters using other posters grammar as an excuse to raise their post count. I still don't get it.

Get a life, its a forum, it's the Internet. Have you ever heard of a text message, or does that offend you too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here