Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getafe match thread

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Thought it was odd playing Mwepu on the wide right side of a three behind Connelly he looked much more comfortable in the middle and Lallana and MacAllister barely had a touch in first half.

Overall a good run out for fitness but the performance was probably best forgotten

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Quick, someone better call the grammar police. That other helmet (we all know who) will be along in a minute, trying to belittle others. Getting very tiresome now, the same old posters using other posters grammar as an excuse to raise their post count. I still don't get it.

Get a life, its a forum, it's the Internet. Have you ever heard of a text message, or does that offend you too?
:lolol:

Are you ok dear?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Quick, someone better call the grammar police. That other helmet (we all know who) will be along in a minute, trying to belittle others. Getting very tiresome now, the same old posters using other posters grammar as an excuse to raise their post count. I still don't get it.

Get a life, its a forum, it's the Internet. Have you ever heard of a text message, or does that offend you too?

It’s ( a forum)

Sorry

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Question for attendees, did the squad fitness look up to scratch or where they / some off the pace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Where was my pint? I’m going to moan about ref who was a bit of a numpty ..hope we don’t have him in a league game….and whoever paid for NM’s anger management course should ask for a rebate :whistle:
(He very sensibly stayed away from the after match handshakes with the bunch of divers

Ref was unbelievably shite, and if that’s how they roll around in a friendly I’m glad I don’t have to watch La Liga every week.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Harsh on Neal and a little on Florin (x) but yes I feel a bit flat too. Fiat, flat and flat. Not helped by opening the season away in perhaps the most grim fixture of the season, it’s about as PL glitter ball, as a day out in the pissing rain in Skegness.

We’ll lose too, Wood will score and Dyche will gurn for the MOTD cameras. Arghhhhhhhh.
Wood definitely will not score against us I can guarantee it.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Never thought it would happen but blow me I agree with one of your posts Sloppy :thumbsup:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I think tonight's performance was a clever ruse by GP. If Burnley were watching they'd probably think they could put their kids out and still beat us, having been so ineffectual tonight. Then we sucker punch them and play like we know we can do.

Positives from tonight : Pie was good, and good to be watching a live match rather than on the TV. Also the checks were quick (if ineffectual) as I used my friends ticket and NHS pass from his phone as he could'nt go last minute. No ID photo check to confirm who I was so that helped. Still thought we created a few decent chances during the game whatever a few people on here have said. Lallana looked class and Veltman and Mwepu were ok but a bit wayward with one or two attempts.

Negatives : Maupay and Connolly were dreadful and the quicker Maups is on his way the better. Zeqiri being brought on to play in defence? Albeit for a short period - what was GP thinking (really felt sorry for him as he looks the one forward we have who is desperate to play). The obvious glaring errors upfront which we all know about and I won't dwell on. And the attitude of some of the Getafe players who seemed to think cheating was par for the course. The crowd - maybe 7000 at a push. Interest certainly seems to be waning.

A couple of new strikers and I'm still positive we can do ok this season. Still 3 weeks in the transfer window so at least there IS still time.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
If you lose.

I find it disproportionately funny myself.

These days you’ve got some Brighton fans in despair for the coming season because you lost.

Equally you’ve got some Palace fans thinking of Europe for the coming season because they won.

It’s just pre-season games, it’s basically irrelevant.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Didn't go tonight (bad fan) but I've watched the highlights and I can't see why so many people are ready to blow their brains out. Obviously, players out of position, conceding from two set pieces and the inability to score is all still there, but Shirley everyone is use to that now? It was only a friendly, it's more about fitness than the result.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Shirley you don't mean me :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here