Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getafe match thread

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Just in from an all-dayer?

I've posted a few things in the past that I've regretted later on but I don't think that post is going to be one of them :lolol:

yes..yes i am ....can we try and be a tad more positive please......please...?

UTA ... no offence meant just sick of Albion fans talking bollox on social media , maybe i need a break ..?? perhaps the neck ..?? :D::D: 3 points at Burnley and we'll all be pals again.:drink::drink:

fwiw i think getafe looked like a top 10 outfit in our prem , lethal dead ball/set piece merchants , fair play.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What do you mean April 2020 I have posted on this board under my other user name since 2002

I look forward to you getting a ban for your attempt to wind up a mod but for now I just put you on my ignore list .

prrrffft ok mate .....the boards only been going since 2003 ...anyway never mind, multiple user names eh...??what's all that about..??

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
constant ****ing moaning , bitching and whining.....it's not rocket science , we aint gonna compete with the big guns for any bloke who can hit the onion bag ...the celtic fella ..?? ahh well , lets see , he'll probably be shite as well ...Tammy Abraham 40 mill..??:lolol::lolol: it is what it is , sniping at the management is counterproductive shirley..? , when we all stood on the north stand 40 years ago ....yes 40 years ago ffs , did we have an avenue to goad and criticise Mullerry , Melia and to a lesser extent Lloyd cos that when it went tits up ..?? no we didn't ...this constant bitching is really grating ...we are in the prem ffs , we cant compete financially , Citeh fans are pissing themselves over paying 100 mill for grealish who will probably spend half of the season sat on his arse... difficult times....ya ya...:kiss:

I'd suggest reading it again if you're not seeing double by now. I'm literally saying that having tickets available is NOT concerning because of the pandemic, giving four reasons why.

Not everyone is still just happy to be here in the Premier League though, which you'd know if you lived here instead of on the other side of the world.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'd suggest reading it again if you're not seeing double by now. I'm literally saying that having tickets available is NOT concerning because of the pandemic, giving four reasons why.

Not everyone is still just happy to be here in the Premier League though, which you'd know if you lived here instead of on the other side of the world.

your second sentence i'll acknowledge but not understand , TB nearly 300 mill out of pocket , we are lucky to have him , do you think he's not trying ...??

first sentence , misunderstood , sorry ......mrs 50 th wankered ..X

dealing with people like me ...?? prrrfft only got one user name , have a word.:bhasign: i reckon we'll be comfortable this season , above palace.:wink:

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
I know how the teachers felt now as well as the kids :lolol:

All good mate, hope the same with you.

All really good here mate. Edging closer to the big 50 kids growing up still at the council. Glad all good with you mate . Amazing to think we left school 33 years ago but was a great season 87-88 when we were all packed in the North watching the legend that was Garry Nelson. Great times

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
All really good here mate. Edging closer to the big 50 kids growing up still at the council. Glad all good with you mate . Amazing to think we left school 33 years ago but was a great season 87-88 when we were all packed in the North watching the legend that was Garry Nelson. Great times

Absolutely :clap2:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not only has the waiting list gone but there are still season tickets available.

However, that's not the whole story. I'd agree that it would be concerning if it hadn't been for Covid but there are some uncomfortable truths to face up to:

- Some people will simply not want to take the Covid risk, even with the pass requirement
- Some people will no longer have the same level of disposable income or job security
- Some may have unfortunately died
- Some may not accept the need for a Covid pass

Undoubtedly there will be those who also can't be arsed to sit through another season of sixteenth place, forty points and always being mentioned on MOTD as "in the relegation battle". This part is the only one the club are really in control of, hence why I've been banging this particular drum for a while.

Not only has the waiting list gone but there are still season tickets available.

However, that's not the whole story. I'd agree that it would be concerning if it hadn't been for Covid but there are some uncomfortable truths to face up to:

- Some people will simply not want to take the Covid risk, even with the pass requirement
- Some people will no longer have the same level of disposable income or job security
- Some may have unfortunately died
- Some may not accept the need for a Covid pass

Undoubtedly there will be those who also can't be arsed to sit through another season of sixteenth place, forty points and always being mentioned on MOTD as "in the relegation battle". This part is the only one the club are really in control of, hence why I've been banging this particular drum for a while.

Of course all of this. But they also have about 1300 more tickets to shift each match this season due to the ground expansion and the club still had 90% + ST renewal happy to put up with “not progressing” as you might put it !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Of course all of this. But they also have about 1300 more tickets to shift each match this season due to the ground expansion and the club still had 90% + ST renewal happy to put up with “not progressing” as you might put it !

It's pick your stat time isn't it?

The ground expansion is great (and will no doubt be full in future seasons or we wouldn't have done it) and 90% ST renewal must be above our target. On the other hand, we do appear to have lost an 8000 person waiting list. That's approximately a whole Withdean crowd (on a nice day).

As I said, various Covid reasons will account for the majority but certainly not for all of them.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Totally agree. Albion lost their way a few times yesterday and just hoofed it and Aaron is not going to win many headers. He needs it to his feet where he can use it or alternatively win free kicks, or he needs to feed off a bigger striker.

Agreed - his attitude could not be faulted yesterday and he was feeding off scraps. With the right service and partner I think he could be a real asset this season.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Agreed - his attitude could not be faulted yesterday and he was feeding off scraps. With the right service and partner I think he could be a real asset this season.
This indeed,....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here