Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getafe match thread

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He was back in the Burnley team today

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

But can't play just like Mac Alister in a competitive game for three weeks after playing in the olympics

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If that’s right, that’s great. New Zealand’s last game was on 31st July. Based on their and our striking options, I might place my bet on 0-0 and last on MOTD now.

It is right - Naylor said it.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I find it disproportionately funny myself.

These days you’ve got some Brighton fans in despair for the coming season because you lost.

Equally you’ve got some Palace fans thinking of Europe for the coming season because they won.

It’s just pre-season games, it’s basically irrelevant.

Sensible post. Notes who wrote it, forces himself not to give it a thumbs up.

No, I won't do it.

No.

Ah crap, he's right.

Feck it. Thumbs up the post but don't tell anyone.......

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Just the sort of game we need a week before the season starts. The players will be smarting after that one. Webster and Dunk are probably a bit rusty and to get that type of test is better now so that they can get mentally ready for Burnley game next week.

Negatives : .... Zeqiri being brought on to play in defence? Albeit for a short period - what was GP thinking (really felt sorry for him as he looks the one forward we have who is desperate to play). The obvious glaring errors upfront which we all know about and I won't dwell on. ....

I seem to recall Zeqiri was played a RWB on a couple of occasions before. Maybe just Potter trying to placate the player by playing him anywhere when the result doesnt matter

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can I post this on here? If not a mod will no doubt delete it sharpish. Nowhere near as doomed as some on the match day thread seemed to be suggesting from these short highlights. One keeper had a better game than the other, that’s all. Good to hear that Biss was giving his all, not sounding like a player downing tools because he wants out. Really hope he stays.

https://youtu.be/sn-El2GC8Mg

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
How strange ! Really annoying for the player if they want to play and bizarre that Burnley gave him a half in a friendly

Edit

Looking at Burnley press nothing about an enforced 3 week break. Think the player is entitled but unlikely to take if it means missing games

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/spor...y-to-welcome-back-olympian-chris-wood-3330313

http://https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/player-of-the-year-chris-wood-set-to-report-back-for-duty-with-burnley-ahead-of-cadiz-friendly-3333536

This article from last week suggested Wood will feature in some capacity next week. We’re doomed.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Anyone know who the referee was and if he is on the PL roster for this season? Worst match official I have seen in a long time

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Am I the only one that thought Connolly was quite good yesterday? Hassled and harried and made a lot of good runs.
Was lacking service and desperately needed someone alongside him but I'm not sure he deserves all the stick he is getting.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Am I the only one that thought Connolly was quite good yesterday? Hassled and harried and made a lot of good runs.
Was lacking service and desperately needed someone alongside him but I'm not sure he deserves all the stick he is getting.

I would agree, I think he has turned a corner........well I hope so.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

I thought he was awful and contributed next to nothing. On all the evidence I have seen he is absolutely not a Premier League player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here