Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getafe match thread

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m a little bemused as to why the late subs were left sooooo late, in a friendly when we’re 2-0 down?!? That said, I’m probably being subconsciously bias towards my first love, Florin. One thing is certain, he’ll be steaming that Aaron is seemingly so far ahead of him. I foresee some fisticuffs before too long.

As for striking options, with Tau off too it’s looking a bit thin … here’s hoping for a big surprise this week.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Entirely predictable with no decent strikers in the squad- nothing will change until we address the glaringly obvious issue

Yep, it’s starting to look like we’re going with what we have (left!) however, keep the faith Neal could have a great season. As for the others, well it’s looking depressingly bleak.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
and we beat Man City last time out at the Amex.
They got to the last 16 of the Europa League ... We can only dream of reaching those levels at the moment!!

Not sure man city was like for like either , they were down to 10 and had nothing to play for.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On the positive side we got a decent workout against a quality team. I hope this will pay dividends vs Burnley.

I also think there would have been a lot more fans if we'd have bought the new striker we all so desperately wish to see. With this Welbeck injury our strikeforce is the weakest it has been since 2017.

I'm feeling doubly flat for the new season and it is al because of our striker crisis. I'm flat because we haven't signed a striker and I'm doubly flat because Locadia, Andone, Connolly and Maupay are all still here.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Yep, it’s starting to look like we’re going with what we have (left!) however, keep the faith Neal could have a great season. As for the others, well it’s looking depressingly bleak.

Seen nothing over last 2 seasons to suggest Maupay is the answer- in fact it’s fair to say he isn’t

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
On the positive side we got a decent workout against a quality team. I hope this will pay dividends vs Burnley.

I also think there would have been a lot more fans if we'd have bought the new striker we all so desperately wish to see. With this Welbeck injury our strikeforce is the weakest it has been since 2017.

I'm feeling doubly flat for the new season and it is al because of our striker crisis. I'm flat because we haven't signed a striker and I'm doubly flat because Locadia, Andone, Connolly and Maupay are all still here.

Harsh on Neal and a little on Florin (x) but yes I feel a bit flat too. Fiat, flat and flat. Not helped by opening the season away in perhaps the most grim fixture of the season, it’s about as PL glitter ball, as a day out in the pissing rain in Skegness.

We’ll lose too, Wood will score and Dyche will gurn for the MOTD cameras. Arghhhhhhhh.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Warren - 'Maupay and Connolly didn't have a shot on target between them'.

Do you think we will learn more from that, or if they had both scored from a tap-in, and we walked off the pitch happy?

We need to pay the money for decent/proven striking options like Welbz, it isnt unfortunatey going to happen on the cheap in this position on the pitch, and we're not going to be able to turd polish hopeful punts into considerably more PL goals for the coming season imho.

Welbeck is great but injury prone
Maupay is badly out of form and looks a shell of his former self
Connolly doesnt look like a PL striker, merely a back up.
Zeqiri isnt anywhere near good enough yet as a PL striker
Who knows what, if anything, Andone will bring except being a certified nutjob

Huddersfield, Sheff United, Fulham........ none were really bad, all went as the result of lack of goals/goalscorers.

We simply must improve here somehow or accept our luck may well run out sometime soon, we're never going to escape the relegation scrap ground hog day.

Oh for a 33 year old Glenn Murray with this teams creative ability.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Usual whingers are out in force again I see. It's a pre-season friendly ffs.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It couldn't have been a more typical Albion performance. Look good in possession but it's that final ball that's the problem. It's not as though the strikers are missing hatfuls - it's that we don't create enough clear cut chances for them. Our final ball is shocking as is our decision making of when to shoot but on the limited evidence of a friendly we should be fine again.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Permission to try and lift your mood? This WAS a good workout. It highlighted our weaknesses. We know Burnley inside out. We didn't know Getafe inside out. They highlighted our weaknesses even more. In a friendly, this is GOOD. We can use the findings to make improvements. Having said that, I share your concerns about our firepower.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Usual whingers are out in force again I see. It's a pre-season friendly ffs.

90 minutes and 2 of our main strikers didnt manage 1 single shot on goal never mind actually scoring...... never mind, who cares, its all good.

lets all happy clap :clap2::albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here