Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay 'Pride'

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Another tale from Franks ''Bedtime book of benders''

and you reckoned you shagged my mum.....................
Maybe my dad Frankie you big Jessy but never my mum .

No, why would I shag your mother, the poor woman clearly is challenged and that's not my type although judging by your many posts it's quite possibly to your liking.

Still, why not try sticking to the points raised in this thread or is it too difficult for you ? :yawn:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This about says it all

Well, of course, decent people don’t hate gays; they merely disapprove -- and for very good reasons, too! So here they are -- the top five reasons to disapprove of homosexuality.

IT’S A SIN. You’ve heard the litany of biblical passages used to condemn homosexuality: Genesis, Leviticus, Romans. Probably you have also read books by such writers as John Boswell and John McNeill, who claim that the Bible doesn’t really prohibit homosexuality as we know it. Well, I’m sorry, but I’m not convinced. I don’t think that their arguments really resolve anything. I will cheerfully admit that biblical writers disliked homosexuality.

The point is, so what? It’s not like the Bible has never been wrong before. A few years ago the Catholic church finally apologized for its role in persecuting men like Giordano Bruno and Galileo, who had the audacity to suggest that the biblical description of the cosmos does not correspond with reality. More recently, the pope has acknowledged that there is real evidence to support evolution: "fresh knowledge leads to recognition of the theory of evolution as more than just a hypothesis." (Read statements by the pope on cosmology and evolution.) I don’t think that many people realize the full significance of this. It is an admission that the Bible is completely wrong about something as important as the nature of the world that we live in. And despite the bizarre efforts of "creation scientists," science has disproved a global Noachian flood, which supposedly occurred about 2,350 B.C.

The New Testament says that devil possession causes people to be blind, dumb, to suffer seizures and convulsions, and to act in a wild and violent manner. Jesus not only believed in such devils, but also reportedly had actual conversations with them and gave his disciples power to cast them out. But today we know that there are medical reasons for these conditions and that they are not caused by devils and demons inhabiting people's bodies.

Leviticus 25:44-46 is an enthusiastic endorsement of slavery. Christian masters felt no conflict between Leviticus and the commandment to "love thy neighbor." The Bible authorized slavery; therefore it was natural and right. Jesus never condemned slavery, and Paul insisted that slaves should obey their masters (Eph.6:5, Col. 3:22, 1Tim. 6:1, Tit. 2:9). However, we now regard slavery as a violation of basic human rights. Did God change his mind, or did we apply an extra-biblical standard of morality?

So the Bible is not always an infallible guide to what is true or moral. If science can enlighten the Bible's views on cosmology, human origins, geological processes, and medicine, why can it not also enlighten the Bible on sexual orientation?

People who believe that homosexuality is a sin will not allow any genetic basis for this behavior. If it is a sin, it must be a choice. They will tell you stories about “ex-gays,” people who have converted from gay to straight. But of course, other people have made the opposite transition, realizing that they are gay only after they have married and had children. These stories do not prove anything about sexual orientation, but do testify to the power of social influences and the overwhelming desire of some people to conform to what is expected of them. How can anyone choose which gender they are sexually attracted to? If homosexuality is a choice, heterosexuality must also be a choice. But in fact, straight people do not believe that they choose their sexual orientation; they regard heterosexuality as natural, as a part of human nature. How then can we believe that a small minority of people, who are born heterosexual, somehow attain the power, even at a very early age, to overrule their own natures and choose an alternate orientation?

IT’S UNNATURAL. You’ve probably noticed that humans and other animals are male and female, and that they complement each other physiologically. To some people this implies natural order and rational design. The Bible states that God directly created the first man and woman. But if this is true, gender should be fixed for eternity. In other words, males could be produced only by males and females only by females. The Bible cannot explain how a male and female can mate and produce offspring of either or both sexes. We, of course, know that gender is determined by the shuffling of chromosomes, which genetically control the development of the body. But life when it first evolved was not distinguished by gender, and that is still true of at least some kinds of organisms. Some animals, such as crocodiles and turtles, do not have sex-determining chromosomes; instead, gender is determined by environmental conditions, like heat and cold.

Heterosexuality includes a form of reproduction which has been successful, but that does not prove rational design. Heterosexuality certainly isn’t universal; some organisms reproduce asexually, some by means of parthenogenesis, some are hermaphroditic, and some species utilize different modes of reproduction at different times. For example, biologists have discovered a strange little creature called S. Pandora, which lives happily around the mouthparts of Norwegian lobsters, reproducing asexually. But when the lobster molts, S. Pandora also gets thrown out, so each one of the creatures gives birth to either a male or female. After mating, the female gives birth to a larva, and both parents die. The larva finds a lobster host and again starts reproducing asexually. Nature loves experimentation and variety.

The argument from design becomes less convincing when we consider viruses. Viruses lack the machinery required to produce the proteins that they need for reproduction, but they are adept at invading cells of other organisms, commandeering the cellular machinery, and forcing the host cell to manufacture proteins for their own replication. Are we supposed to believe that this ingenious ability of viruses was designed by God? If not, why do we believe that heterosexual reproduction is divinely ordained?

The truth is that straight people believe that heterosexuality is the natural order because that is what they know, and they can’t conceive of anything different.

IT’S NONPRODUCTIVE. Homosexuals can’t reproduce. That is what is claimed, and it implies that gay people are defective and of less value than straights. But there isn’t anything wrong with the reproductive systems of gay men and lesbians. Many gay people either have children or would like to, and science has provided the means to do so. The only question is, will society permit gays to raise families without harassment? On the other hand, society does not condemn straights who either can’t have children or choose not to.

Despite all the rhetoric that we hear about the importance of marriage, family, and family values, the Bible presents quite a different view. Jesus would not allow one of his disciples to return to bury his father (Matt. 8:21-22). When his disciples asked if it was best not to marry, Jesus made a startling reply, telling them to act as if they were eunuchs (Matt. 19:11-12). Paul regarded marriage as hardly more than a concession to people who cannot control their sexual passions, and he expected that those who were really devoted to the Lord would remain single (1 Cor. 7:1, 8-11). Paul even reinterpreted Genesis 2:24 to agree with his preference for celibacy: “'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one.’ This is a great mystery, and I take it to mean Christ and the church” (Eph. 5:31-32). Thus for Paul, earthly marriage is merely symbolic of the spiritual marriage between Christ and his followers, and Paul apparently believed that a person had a greater chance of attaining the heavenly marriage, if he eschewed earthly marriage. Lest any doubt remain, Revelation makes explicit who will constitute the elect of God: “It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are chaste” (Rev. 14:4). The New Testament clearly favors celibacy over marriage. Ironically, Christians, who have exalted marriage, often prescribe celibacy for gay people, but not for themselves.

IT’S SOCIALLY HARMFUL. This charge is the dumping ground for every crackpot theory which diseased minds can invent, such as that homosexuality is responsible for the fall of nations, that gays have an agenda to destroy the family and sodomize children, or that AIDS is a gay disease.

Okay, so Alexander the Great was gay, and perhaps Julius Caesar as well (if you believe Seutonius), but they didn’t tear down their nations; they made them more powerful. One might also point out that the Roman Empire did not fall until after Constantine became a Christian.

Have heterosexuals really done all that well in creating happy, well-functioning families and societies? Are gay people really responsible for such things as spousal beatings, the abuse of children, divorce, and teen pregnancies? Are women raped by gay men? Is it okay for parents to throw out a gay child? If we are talking about socially lethal behavior, heterosexuals need no help from gay people.

To say that AIDS is a gay disease or God’s judgment ignores the fact that diseases are either viral or genetic. To be a gay disease, AIDS would have to be both genetic and linked to another genetic condition which causes homosexuality. But it is clear that heterosexuals can also contract the disease; it doesn’t discriminate according to sexual orientation. In an effort to turn blame back again onto gays, some people claimed that AIDS is not caused by a virus at all, but by drug abuse. However, scientists actually succeeded in infecting a chimpanzee with AIDS, and the chimp reportedly was not abusing drugs! In fact scientists are now certain that the HIV virus originated in Africa from its simian counterpart, SIV. (This is not as strange as it sounds. The influenza virus, for example, can infect birds, mammals, and humans.)

The religious right constantly claims that their opposition to gay people is not based on prejudice, but on health statistics. Their position is that homosexuality should not be tolerated, because of the risk of becoming infected with HIV, leading to a tragically shortened life span. They simply have our best interests at heart. However, if this line of reasoning is to be pursued, they will soon have to start making distinctions on the basis of race and nationality. The CDC reports that in the United States in 1998, 45% of new AIDS cases were among blacks and 20% were among latinos. The rate of AIDS among blacks (66.4) is two times greater than the rate for latinos (28.1) and eight times greater than the rate for whites (8.2). Does the religious right want to argue that the black and latino lifestyles should not be tolerated, because they produce more homosexuals and more AIDS cases than whites? Other statistics can produce other bases for intolerance. The World AIDS Conference recently reported that among teenagers in Kenya and Zambia, more females are infected with HIV than males, and most of the females were infected by men aged 35 and over. Should we be intolerant of the heterosexual lifestyles in these countries? The life span of Russians is considerably lower than for Americans. Should we be intolerant of the Russian lifestyle? Certainly, lifestyles can contribute to the spread of AIDS, and everyone should take responsibility for their actions. But the issue is not sexual orientation, race, or nationality, but preventing the spread of disease among every sexual orientation, race, and nationality. Health statistics are not a basis for making moral judgments or for ranking people on a scale of tolerance.

Some people seem to realize that they are going to lose the argument that there is no genetic basis for homosexuality, so they try to nullify genetic evidence beforehand by claiming that it is irrelevant. For example, one argument is that there is an analogy between homosexuality and alcoholism. Alcoholism may be genetic, but society is justified in disapproving of alcoholism, even if a person can claim that he did not choose to be an alcoholic and can’t change. However, I fail to see the analogy. Moderate drinking is perfectly acceptable in our society. Is the argument proposing that moderate homosexuality is acceptable, but that some people may have a genetic variation which makes it impossible for them to practice homosexuality without going to excess?

Homosexuality isn’t like alcoholism; it isn’t like anything except heterosexuality. Heterosexuals claim that they did not choose their sexual orientation and can’t change, but apparently it is not permissible for gay people to say the same about their orientation.

And then there is the argument that homosexual behavior is illegal. Yes, it is. But not because homosexuality threatens life or property, but simply because straight society has chosen to criminalize it. And having made this arbitrary judgment, it then has a reason to deny equal rights to gay people.

IT’S DISGUSTING. I’m sorry, but this is not an argument; it is simply the expression of personal feeling. In a democracy laws should not be based on what some people consider to be disgusting, but of course, that is precisely the rationalization for sodomy laws.

Speaking of Sodom, it is interesting that people who use the biblical story to condemn homosexuality never continue on past the destruction of Sodom. After the Lord turned Lot’s wife into a pillar of salt, Lot’s daughters got their father drunk and then had sex with him. The Lord was apparently unperturbed by these acts of incest, for he allowed Lot’s daughters to live, and they became the progenitors of the Moabites and Ammonites. But this is not the end of the story, for Ruth was a Moabitess, and she was the mother of Obed, the father of Jesse, the father of David. The gospel of Matthew includes Ruth in the genealogy of Jesus. I personally find incest to be disgusting, but according to the Bible, the drunken incest between Lot and his daughters contributed to the lineage which produced Jesus.

You are a horrible man.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yawn

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Is anyone else confused by that post of Algie's that Chappers had quoted? It features the top 5 reasons to dissapprove of homosexuality then argues a very good case against each of them.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Is anyone else confused by that post of Algie's that Chappers had quoted? It features the top 5 reasons to dissapprove of homosexuality then argues a very good case against each of them.

No, because I would guess nobody actually read it... it was posted by Algie after all.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I certainly didn't read it. I had just read enough fo the viscious bile on the first few pages to feel I should let him know how I felt.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

I was just thinking the same thing. Not the brightest button in the box is he? Mind you, you could work that out by reading the tosh he posts on here.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Thought it was quite funny how he said,

Well, of course, decent people don’t hate gays; they merely disapprove -- and for very good reasons, too! So here they are -- the top five reasons to disapprove of homosexuality.

and then posted a who article that refutes all five reasons in an intelligent manner.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

I think you'll find it's called 'Cut & Paste' Les :D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you believe the whole purpose of a male and female gender is to reproduce and thereby keep the species going, which is surely why we are all here, then homosexuality is a direct anathema of that.

Be it that if that was the norm, we would all die out ( of course we wouldn't as we would have sperm donoring etc etc)

I have no problem with Gay people at all.

I know far more gay people who would (and do) make better parents that some "straight" people I know who are parents.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Natural selection? Some people are unable to have children full stop.

Ps I doubt that Algie read the whole thing. A little googling found this on a part of a website entitled "5 reasons to hate gays".

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Another example of no respect in the world. If you don't like it then look the other way. I'm heterosexual and proud, why aren't they allowed to be homosexual and proud. Yes granted their celebrations of homosexuality are a little louder than my celebrations of being heterosexual, but if I don't like it then I can avoid Brighton when they are demonstrating, or look away if I see two people of the same sex holding hands or cleaning each others teeths with their tongues...

As it is I couldn't care less and if I see two homosexuals as happily in love as Zef and I are then I'm pleased for them! I don't think about anything other than that...as for them adopting children - if they meet the same social, financial and emotional responsibilites that male/female couples have to then why not....there are many male/female couples out there who couldn't raise a peanut let alone a child...I think they should be treated in exactly the same way as male/female couples...

.....as for them adopting children - if they meet the same social, financial and emotional responsibilites that male/female couples have to then why not....there are many male/female couples out there who couldn't raise a peanut let alone a child...I think they should be treated in exactly the same way as male/female couples...

Yes why not?

Tarzan was raised by chimps, and he turned out to be a real swingin' dude.

....well, apart from his declining anything that didn't have a hairy arse, long arms, swing through trees eating bananas and that wouldn't respond to "aaah -aa-ah-ahh-aaaahhh ye-ar-ahh ahhhhh"

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
here's something to add to the mix.

My mum & dad are celebrating their Ruby wedding anniversary on the same weekend as Pride. My dad asked for the saturday off to celebrate with my mum - His employers, B&H buses said no as they've given the gay & lesbian drivers a day off to celebrate and they had not got enough drivers.

I'm not anti-gay, in fact I have some good friends that are gay. However, this surely shows that political correctness has gone completely insane when someone celebrating 40 years of marriage cannot have their wedding anniversary off when a load of flouncy blokes and butch women can!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
here's something to add to the mix.

My mum & dad are celebrating their Ruby wedding anniversary on the same weekend as Pride. My dad asked for the saturday off to celebrate with my mum - His employers, B&H buses said no as they've given the gay & lesbian drivers a day off to celebrate and they had not got enough drivers.

I'm not anti-gay, in fact I have some good friends that are gay. However, this surely shows that political correctness has gone completely insane when someone celebrating 40 years of marriage cannot have their wedding anniversary off when a load of flouncy blokes and butch women can!

Valid case to take a discrimination case, then - the law does work both ways, and has been tested as such (at least here).

However, the defence is likely to be (and indeed the true story is likely to be) that the drivers in question applied for leave, like anyone else would, further in advance - and like any workplace, they can't have over a certain number of people off on one day. I don't think any workplace in the world would give a blanket day off for a situation like that.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Valid case to take a discrimination case, then - the law does work both ways, and has been tested as such (at least here).

However, the defence is likely to be (and indeed the true story is likely to be) that the drivers in question applied for leave, like anyone else would, further in advance - and like any workplace, they can't have over a certain number of people off on one day. I don't think any workplace in the world would give a blanket day off for a situation like that.

B&H buses GAVE them the day off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here