Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Harts Testimonial Match. Brighton vs Charlton Athletic, Saturday 26th July

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
On the day of Kerrys Testimonial there was a problem with the park and ride at Mithras house. The buses arrived the usual time for a 3pm kick off. However with the Legends game kicking off early a number of people were left at the park and ride and missed the start of the legends game. Have the bus compnaies been asked to put on buses earlier than usual for the legends game this time around?

The buses knew when things were supposed to start last year (we paid 'em enough grrrrr)

However, we will be checking and double checking this over the next week

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
If they offer the option i will but not heard it mentioned

Politics dictate that we are not allowed to offer that option, unless we could get 100% participation - which we won't :(

However Stewards are more than welcome to make donations to the Testimonial Fund, perhaps by purchasing loads of Withdean Wager tickets on the day?

You will also have a chance of winning some dosh as well !!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Household name who's contributed to English football and will sell the ground out?

Interesting, can we speculate?

Cantona?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Players Confirmed so far ....

Batch 1 : Steve FOSTER; Charlie OATWAY, Rod THOMAS, Robbie REINELT, John BYRNE, George PARRIS, Gary HOBSON, Dave BEASANT, Neville SOUTHALL

Batch 2: Lee STEELE, Paul WATSON, Bob BOOKER, Stuart STORER, Paul BROOKER, Steve MELTON, Gerry RYAN (Manager), Simon RODGERS, Peter SMITH

More names ... Batch 3 and Batch 4 ... to be released shortly ....... saving the best until last !!!

So these are confirmed which means that "a real legend of English football may just be turning out for us thanks to his connections with a former Albion player who is already confirmed as playing in the legends match" is connected to one of the above - realistically that would mean they are connected to either Foster, Byrne, Southall or Beasant - would that be correct?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Or maybe connected to one of the as yet unreleased names in Batches 3 and 4?

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Or maybe connected to one of the as yet unreleased names in Batches 3 and 4?
Is the right answer!!!

I still can't release any further information about our potential "mystery" player.

Our biggest problem is that even if we get confirmation over the weekend - which is possible; because of the pretty unique situation that this all-time-legend finds himself in, we won't really know if he will actually play until the day itself.

But if he does .... :dance::cheery::cheers::banana::clap2::bowdown: :bounce: ... and any other Smiles that are available!!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
To be honest it doesn't matter who is playing in the legends match as it's all about going along to support an albion player who's always given his all and offered a lot of skill, goals, and sweat to the cause.

Totally agree - I got my ticket weeks ago before any legends were announced. But its exciting wondering who will be there isn't it!!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Beckham? Linked to Peter Taylor?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Bill Oddie?

IMHO, is the correct answer.

All time England legend? - Absolutely
Massive press interest? - Definitely
Unique situation that means it won't be definite till the day? - These days I think even Gazza is not sure what he's doing from day to day.
Connected to an ex-Albion player? - Isn't he buddies with Guy?

But as I said, only my opinion based on the info given.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here