Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Harts Testimonial Match. Brighton vs Charlton Athletic, Saturday 26th July

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 tickets sorted for this one

still hoping it's a celebration of a decade of Harty rather then a final goodbye mind :(

if it's half as good as Kerrys was though it'll be a blinding laugh regardless :)

and talked three more into coming , with hopefully a knock on effect :thumbsup:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
and talked three more into coming , with hopefully a knock on effect :thumbsup:

great stuff! The names are continuing to line up for the legends game ... and over the weekend we heard that there may be a chance that a real legend of English football may just be turning out for us thanks to his connections with a former Albion player who is already confirmed as playing in the legends match.

I can't reveal the name yet as negotiations are at a very early stage but if it comes off then we may need to build another tier to the Press Box as every newspaper on the planet will want to be there!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
great stuff! The names are continuing to line up for the legends game ... and over the weekend we heard that there may be a chance that a real legend of English football may just be turning out for us thanks to his connections with a former Albion player who is already confirmed as playing in the legends match.

I can't reveal the name yet as negotiations are at a very early stage but if it comes off then we may need to build another tier to the Press Box as every newspaper on the planet will want to be there!

Hope you can pull it off as a capacity crowd would be very nice

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield

Are you able to reveal the names of the players that are confirmed for definite?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Sounds very tantalising...hope you can pull it off, as Harty deserves the very best.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

OHHH I hope it's Gazza!!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
OHHH I hope it's Des Walker!! :jester:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Players Confirmed so far ....

Batch 1 : Steve FOSTER; Charlie OATWAY, Rod THOMAS, Robbie REINELT, John BYRNE, George PARRIS, Gary HOBSON, Dave BEASANT, Neville SOUTHALL

Batch 2: Lee STEELE, Paul WATSON, Bob BOOKER, Stuart STORER, Paul BROOKER, Steve MELTON, Gerry RYAN (Manager), Simon RODGERS, Peter SMITH

More names ... Batch 3 and Batch 4 ... to be released shortly ....... saving the best until last !!!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Brilliant. Neville Southall, that well known Albion legend...

Also, Steve Melton back at Withdean Again :bowdown: :D

Should be good! I wonder who the other manager will be....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Best 'til last! Nice boost for the 18 named so far :D

I remember Big Nev having an absolute blinder against us for Torquay. We absolutely battered them from start to finish and lost to a Bedeau/Williams combo.

Really really looking forward to this.

Mustela, how are we progressing on the ticketing front?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
On the day of Kerrys Testimonial there was a problem with the park and ride at Mithras house. The buses arrived the usual time for a 3pm kick off. However with the Legends game kicking off early a number of people were left at the park and ride and missed the start of the legends game. Have the bus compnaies been asked to put on buses earlier than usual for the legends game this time around?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Oh, I thought they might as it is an option that some people take. I worked for free at a testimonial match at Cheltenham Town. It was a bonus game and didn't seem right to take money as it was not a normal match and there was nothing to do apart from show my face.

NB I am not judging the Brighton stewards as it is their personal call.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Oh, I thought they might as it is an option that some people take. I worked for free at a testimonial match at Cheltenham Town. It was a bonus game and didn't seem right to take money as it was not a normal match and there was nothing to do apart from show my face.

NB I am not judging the Brighton stewards as it is their personal call.

If they offer the option i will but not heard it mentioned

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Mustela, how are we progressing on the ticketing front?

pretty good ... home sales just ahead of Kerry's game at the same point in time.

Charlton look like they will sell out and may ask for more.

Kerry got 6300 i think so 6500+.

Of course if we get this big name then it will sell out!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here