Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frankie Boyle

Dandyman

In London village.
there is only one f*** everyone glasgow comedian worth watching. frankie boyle is sadowitz lite. without the magic charm or eccentricity.

Christ on a bike. I actually agree with Spanners on something, it must be Christmas. Sadowitz is definitely the business.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ok, you win but when some other 3rd rate comedian uses the P and N word in an offensive way don't blame them for saying well you let Boyle use them. Anyway Boyle is a c*nt and I hope he bumps into someone whose kid he has offended and gets his face kicked in. I will laugh heartily. Karma.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Something i've picked up on from US is the way he uses the "P and N word" rather than say it. Even though in this context its fine. You can say the word its the meaning behind them that counts. Right?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, you win but when some other 3rd rate comedian uses the P and N word in an offensive way don't blame them for saying well you let Boyle use them.

In this instance Frankie Boyle was being about as far from being racist as its possible to be, by having a pop at the British media for infering that Afghan lives are somehow worth less than British lives. Now its developed into a full blown dumbed-down media witch-hunt. Highly reminiscent of when the tabloids accused the Sex Pistols of 'calling the Queen a moron'. Only stupid people rise to that and kick in their tellies.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't like him and don't find him funny but not exactly offensive comments/jokes. Anyone that watched the program would have known of his style of 'comedy' so somehow doubt they would have complained. Its Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross all over again, people who didn't watch/listen to the original program but express so sort of moral outrage because of what they have read

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Go and try for yourself. Go up to a Black Man and say I like Niggers and see how long it takes until you are in a Police cell.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Go and try for yourself. Go up to a Black Man and say I like Niggers and see how long it takes until you are in a Police cell.

I'm sure there's something racist about suggesting Black Man is a proper noun

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am always happy to stretch the boundaries in general comedy and sense of humour. But to make jokes about disabled children is f***ing sick and anyone who thinks it's OK has a total lack of empathy.

Oct 25, 2003
i don't get offended by comedy really......i just genuinly don't find tramadol nights particularly funny

the fact that it's unfunny offends me

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ironically, neither Bernard Manning nor Chubby Brown Brown disappeared after mass media disapproval. In fact, quite the opposite. In fact this sort of "outrage" is likely to extend his career another 5 years. At the end of the day it's frustrating to see a gifted comedian with shit material as in Tramadol Nights.

For what it's worth I thought Russell Howard's solo series was shit as well.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

That is in no way relevant in this instance, it's an entirely different scenario.

FFS, about three people have now made the point that Boyle was not making a joke at the expense of black and Asian people, he was mocking the very old fashioned attitudes some British institutions have towards race, that they would feel comfortable using such words. He's taking the piss out of people who have that sort of view, not taking the piss out of black or Asian people.

The joke about Katie Price's son was a bit poor for me, it's not like the kid can defend himself, whatever you think of his mother. But the one above, I'm not remotely convinced it's deserving of the witchhunt.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ironically, neither Bernard Manning nor Chubby Brown Brown disappeared after mass media disapproval. In fact, quite the opposite. In fact this sort of "outrage" is likely to extend his career another 5 years. At the end of the day it's frustrating to see a gifted comedian with shit material as in Tramadol Nights.

For what it's worth I thought Russell Howard's solo series was shit as well.

Spot on. He seems short of material and therefore is using the outrage card as an outlet to get attention. On Mock the Week I thought he was hilarious, but he is trying to stretch 5 minutes of good material into a 30 minute solo show and if you throw diamonds into a cesspit all you see is............

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Worth screening the show just for the amusement of reading the outraged opinions of the daily mail readers online

Remember the days of Morecome and Wise when jokes courd be heard by all the family...Ken Dodd would make your ribs ache and never offend anyone. Filth comedians have no place on TV.

The reason swearing is so commonplace in society is because we hear so much of it on television, which acts as some sort of official seal of approval. I am sick of hearing young children swearing and think it should be completely banned from all t.v. shows.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I watched The Two Ronnies Christmas Special c. 1984 last night on Sky. I have to say the material was pretty ordinary but the pair of them were comedy craftsmen. It's quite nice at Christmas to watch 10 minutes of the likes of them, Morecambe and Wise or Rodney and Delboy to see real class performing.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
That is in no way relevant in this instance, it's an entirely different scenario.

FFS, about three people have now made the point that Boyle was not making a joke at the expense of black and Asian people, he was mocking the very old fashioned attitudes some British institutions have towards race, that they would feel comfortable using such words. He's taking the piss out of people who have that sort of view, not taking the piss out of black or Asian people.
Whilst it is most likely true that there was no racism intended, he is at least guilty of picking up a pretty tired old comedy observation (British news/papers giving priority to British casualties, which I reckon I first heard around the time of 'Not The Nine O'Clock News') and throwing in a controversial word in the hope that some newspaper goes 'Sick filth, ban it!', thus gaining him some notoriety and ignoring the fact that at the heart of it his show really just isn't very good.

And of course people have every right to feel jaded at the sight of Jordan on TV/in newspapers, I am myself - and of course the perfect riposte to such overexposure is to make jokes about her disabled son :rolleyes:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
passion.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Comedy is equally as subjective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here