Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frankie Boyle

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why not?

With his type of comedy everyone should be fair game. That's what people are paying to see.
I just don't think it's cool really.
Although I haven't actually heard the joke so it may have been misrepresented by the press anyway.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Weird that all this brouhaha kicks off over the use of two "unforgivable" words and completely misses the context. The joke is poking fun at British attitudes to Johnny Foreigner, which you'd have thought would have been music to liberal ears.

Could that be why it's not "liberals" who have a problem with the jokes?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
As bushy has said that was quality. I dislike intensly the daily mail for the culture of fear that I believe that they try and spread, however I have massive respect to the daily mail for doing what they did re: the acourts et al, interesting that they still haven't been sued.

i find the 2000's shorthand for sophistication being an anti mail stance as dull as the 80s one on the sun. my point is most of the self styled mail haters on here often just regularly show themselves up as as sheep like and fuzzy headed as anyone else.

anyway - back on track frankie boyle is still a reasonably amusing but fundamentally nasty piece of work who is getting a lot of exposure at the moment. nothing more or less.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am just amazed that no one has paid money to sit at the front and then go on stage and pummel his head in. Now that I would pay money to see. He is a odious little piece of shit.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I just don't think it's cool really.
Although I haven't actually heard the joke so it may have been misrepresented by the press anyway.

Its a joke about Harvey wanting to have sex with Jordan. Even if it wasn't wrong it wasn't funny, just a sad twat being outrageous for the sake of it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Its a joke about Harvey wanting to have sex with Jordan. Even if it wasn't wrong it wasn't funny, just a sad twat being outrageous for the sake of it.

Exactly, who in their right minds would want Dwight Yorke's sloppy seventeenth's?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
he's a comedian thats controversial with what he says, big whoop! if the PC Brigade wanna sensor comedy then they can f*** right off to hell!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He is preaching to the converting though Richie. People for some reason have paid money to see him. Lets see if he has the bollocks to tell the same joke in a room of parents of disabled children and their Dads or in a meeting of Downs Syndrome parents, then lets see how big and clever he is. He was invited to go by the Mother of the Down Syndrome child but what a shocker he declined. The people who laugh in the audience seem to be thinking they are brave or dangerous seeing him and laughing at his shit " jokes ".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's people who are offensive, not words. I find Boyle's work a bit hit and miss. Some is very funny, some isn't, but his choice of topics and words don't really play a part in this.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't get off on humour about soft targets and a bloke making money by trying to shock for the sake of it. Its lazy and pointless. I prefer less mean spirited humour and observational jokes and Sean Lock is the one at the moment.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He is preaching to the converting though Richie.

Isn't that the case with all comedians though? I would not laugh at a Chubby Brown/Jim Davidson/ Jethro gig but there are plenty of people who would. It's horses for courses. Don't like it, don't watch it. He is not promoting prejudice, so I'm not sure what the Mail is on about.

They love him at the Mail anyway, just look how many lazy articles they have written about him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?searchPhrase=Frankie+Boyle

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The basic thing that the Daily Mail have got right is if you are not allowed to use the P or N word on TV, why should Boyle be able to use it in a tenuous " I am not being rasist " joke and be allowed to stay on air ?. I wouldn't ban him as that is probably more oxygen to his " I am so dangerous aren't I " ego. Best to just hope he goes away one day.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
he's a comedian thats controversial with what he says, big whoop! if the PC Brigade wanna sensor comedy then they can f*** right off to hell!

Who considers the Mail to be part of the PC brigade?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Boring, boring comedy. Ooh he said something shocking. Well done.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Could that be why it's not "liberals" who have a problem with the jokes?

That was a small "L" liberal rather than trying to score any political points but on reflection you're dead right. It's been illiberal press that have made a meal of it so far, though oddly the left leaning Daily Mirror this time out. I would have thought it would be the Mail but there you go.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Has he made any jokes about Islamic Fundamentalists ?. I mean someone or something in his repetoir that would actually hit back at him ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here