Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frankie Boyle

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
She pissed off to the jungle for four weeks if I recall correctly.

I'm not defending the joke, but I'm not convinced the target was the kid.

As far as I am aware, you are however stating that it is acceptable to wish cancer on another person, other people aren't. I lost my father to cancer, and wouldn't wish it upon anyone personally.

I wish it on Boyle as Karma so I am surprised you are tolerant of it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wish it on Boyle as Karma so I am surprised you are tolerant of it.

It's a joke, the aim is to make some people laugh and others go into a hissy fit about it. I didn't find it very funny but on other occasions I think Boyle has hit the nail on the head.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
l'd never try to convince anyone else that the sort of comedy I like is fine for all, in the same token I dont expect others to try and tell me it is wrong, if you dont like it, dont watch / listen to it, quite simple really, (this is not a dig at you by the way Gareth, just my take on things like this) but if someone has an objection to what they feel is morally wrong, then thats fair enough, everyones entitled to an opinion.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think this thread's been unduly harsh on McIntyre. I get a sense of "the lady doth protest too much". He's the comedy equivalent of Abba; no man admits to liking him because he's cheesy and uncool. The "Man Drawer" sketch was seminal Naughties Comedy Gold, in the same way that "Dancing Queen" is a timeless classic.

As far as good comedy goes, I got the latest Stewart Lee DVD for Christmas and I'm VERY happy with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here