Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frankie Boyle

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
McIntyre may be a flop haired , daily mail reading posh Tory Boy but he is still at the peak of his game and his humour and observation was at a different level.

He's at the peak of his game in the same way that KFC have probably made their fried chicken as best as they can.

I've seen so many comedians like him over the years - I've lost count, it was only a matter of time before one broke through. If you like your comedy in the same way you like your oven ready roast potatoes from Waitrose I'd imagine he's for you - Boring, predictable and does everything it says on the packet.

I found his spice rack routine quite interesting, because it's obviously targeted at an unimaginative conservative audience.

I'd have thought "Lazy and obvious" sums him up much better than Boyle.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I also watched Sean Lock which although had some good moments dragged at 90 minutes and was overall a dissapointment. Overall Michael McIntyre's show at Wembley recently pissed on Boyle and Lock to be honest. McIntyre may be a flop haired , daily mail reading posh Tory Boy but he is still at the peak of his game and his humour and observation was at a different level.

It's whatever floats your boat though Gareth, one man's wit is another man's outrage. McIntyre bores the pants off me, Boyle blows hot and cold, Jimmy and Alan Carr have their moments but O'BRIAIN pisses over the lot of them.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I may be old fashioned but I prefer my humour that does not involve taking the piss out of people dying with cancer or disabled kids. I know , how very BORING.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I may be old fashioned but I prefer my humour that does not involve taking the piss out of people dying with cancer or disabled kids. I know , how very BORING.

Obvious response, bit like your favourite comedian's routine. I don't find Frankie Boyle particularly funny either. The complexity of comedy appears to have passed you by, in which case I recommend Michael McIntyre.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Obvious response, bit like your favourite comedian's routine. I don't find Frankie Boyle particularly funny either. The complexity of comedy appears to have passed you by, in which case I recommend Michael McIntyre.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Obviously full-length live shows are different, and as El Pres says, whatever floats your boat...but if you watch episodes of MTW when both Boyle AND McIntyre are on, you would never believe which one has gone on to superstardom. McIntyre was way out of his depth with the other boys on that show, he just couldn't hack it with the spontaneous stuff.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

If someone SKIPPING across a stage has your funny bone a quivering then fine, there is room for different humour preferences shirley?

You have said yourself you would LAUGH if Frankie Boyle got cancer, so clearly it does make you laugh at times.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Don't give me that. People try and make it is cutting edge joking about cancer and disabled kids but it is the mark of an utter **** in my book.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Obviously full-length live shows are different, and as El Pres says, whatever floats your boat...but if you watch episodes of MTW when both Boyle AND McIntyre are on, you would never believe which one has gone on to superstardom. McIntyre was way out of his depth with the other boys on that show, he just couldn't hack it with the spontaneous stuff.

Extraordinary he has become so popular. He appears to capitalised on material that other stand ups have left behind, thinking obvious and unfunny. There was obviously a massive audience for it and I shudder at the copy cats who will move in after him.

The sad thing is there are many far more funny "traditional" comedians out there. I guess Michael McIntyre fans find Lee Mack a little too "edgy".

(Lee Mack excellent comedian by the way....)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If someone SKIPPING across a stage has your funny bone a quivering then fine, there is room for different humour preferences shirley?

You have said yourself you would LAUGH if Frankie Boyle got cancer, so clearly it does make you laugh at times.

I would just like to see his act whilst racked with pain and dying. I wonder if he would be so " clever " then.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don't give me that. People try and make it is cutting edge joking about cancer and disabled kids but it is the mark of an utter **** in my book.

Oh do shut up you big girls blouse, I've already said Frankie Boyle isn't for me. We got the message you don't like him, doesn't mean you can use him as an excuse for your taste in comedy.

Comedy doesn't have to be cutting edge to be funny, one of the funniest live performances I've ever seen was Tim Vine.

Go and see some live and don't really on what you can buy in WHSIMTHS.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Normally I prefer the edgier stuff, but equally one of the funniest sets I have ever seen was Ray Romano (pre the very mainstream 'Everybody Loves Raymond'). Not a swearword in sight, all about his family and kids, but top-class and had the whole room in tears. It's about quality, pure and simple.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
WOOHOO !.

Why are you arguing then ?.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
People try and make it is cutting edge joking about cancer and disabled kids

Which 'people' exactly? I don't think many people have said that such jokes are truly chucklesome. His comments with regards to the reporting of British v Overseas nationals deaths do make a relevant point.

As for his comments about Jordan, she is happy to use Harvey whenever it suits her, and was equally happy to abandon the kid to self publicise herself on I'm a Celebrity.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Which 'people' exactly? I don't think many people have said that such jokes are truly chucklesome. His comments with regards to the reporting of British v Overseas nationals deaths do make a relevant point.

As for his comments about Jordan, she is happy to use Harvey whenever it suits her, and was equally happy to abandon the kid to self publicise herself on I'm a Celebrity.

How did she " abandon " him ?. Even if she did that is ok to say he would like to rape her ?. mmmm.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I struggle to imagine how Gareth would handle Not The Nine O'Clock News if it was broadcast now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How did she " abandon " him ?. Even if she did that is ok to say he would like to rape her ?. mmmm.

She pissed off to the jungle for four weeks if I recall correctly.

I'm not defending the joke, but I'm not convinced the target was the kid.

As far as I am aware, you are however stating that it is acceptable to wish cancer on another person, other people aren't. I lost my father to cancer, and wouldn't wish it upon anyone personally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here