Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frankie Boyle

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What was it?

I like Frankie Boyle, best comedian out there for me.
Totally agree, I find him hilarious.

How tame. Basically that's not an offensive joke, it's just got an offensive word in it. But if you watch Frankie Boyle you can have a fair guess that some of those might be included. What a fuss about a load of old shit.
Again, spot on.

Why not?

With his type of comedy everyone should be fair game. That's what people are paying to see.
Again, this. Everyone is fair game with him. If you don't like it, don't watch it. I hate Chubby Brown and Bernard Manning, doesn't mean I'd want The Daily Mail running a campaign against vulgur explicit humour.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
You know what you're getting with a Frankie Boyle show, If you know you're going to be offended then don't watch it.
I'm surprised average daily mail reader would watch him anyway.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Paraphrase a Boyle joke...'If any asylum seeker wants to live in Preston, let them. Its f**king worse than any war torn, third world country they have just left'.

Genius! If you don't like him, turn over. Its all about choices, no one is making people watch him Clockwork Orange styley.

Never seen him myself but if thats the quality of his humour, along with jokes about disabled kids and some observation (as opposed to something funny) about deaths in Afghanistan I think I'll give him a swerve.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hmm, jokes about disabled kids? Can't really see the humour myself but each to their own.
If he was targetting disabled kids or any other vulnerable group, that wouldn't be funny. But he made a specific joke about a woman who throws herself into the public eye, and her disabled kid. And then moved onto his next gag. I think it's all about context.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I always found him top drawer on Mock the Week but I saw some of his new show last week and wasn't really that impressed, he seemed to be spending too much time trying to be offensive and not enough time making it funny. I guess that is the slightly scripted and edited nature of TV shows as opposed to stand-up but like people have said on here no one is forcing you to watch it and if you don't like it then pick up that amazing device you point at the tele to change the channel.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
So the PC brigade want him off air. Well they can go a fcuk themselves and all go and live in a kibutz. He is not everyones cup of tea but we don't live in a Police State and you are not forced to watch him. These people should stick to knitting oversized cardigans for their poor repressed children who have not been able to grow up and still live at home unable to leave because their parents play the guilt trip on them.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
You know what you're getting with a Frankie Boyle show, If you know you're going to be offended then don't watch it.

Thats just not the point though is it! You can just about get away with anything in this country now (apart from minor motoring offences). Its the same sort of attitude that allows muslim extremists to shout abuse at passing coffins of soldiers.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
agree with the assertion that Brendon Burns is funnier and more interesting - i've watched Tramadol Nights and Frankie B is just trying too hard to shock and that is a bore, it loses all impact. The stand up parts are occasionally very funny but the sketches are very poor. He's fast become tiresome but i guess he is milking his short shelf life as much as he can.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I've always felt that offense has to be "taken". People tend to be offended if they want to be. As others have said, you know what you're going to get with him. I don't think anything would actually offend me as such, there are things I'd probably rather not hear - stuff about 9/11 springs to mind, but I'm not offended, and I wouldn't stop other poeple from hearing it. Each to their own.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm surprised average daily mail reader would watch him anyway.

Spot on. There is a button on most tv remote controls that has the capability to change channels if you don't like something. Failing that, there is also usually a big red button marked OFF. I don't particularly find his brand of humour funny, so I don't watch it. Simples.

As for the DM readers, they probably watched because they knew they would be offended and it would give them something else to get all self-righteous about.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
there is only one f*** everyone glasgow comedian worth watching. frankie boyle is sadowitz lite. without the magic charm or eccentricity.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So the PC brigade want him off air. Well they can go a fcuk themselves and all go and live in a kibutz. He is not everyones cup of tea but we don't live in a Police State and you are not forced to watch him. These people should stick to knitting oversized cardigans for their poor repressed children who have not been able to grow up and still live at home unable to leave because their parents play the guilt trip on them.

Aren't the Daily Mail and the Mirror critics of the PC elite?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Err..........The Guardian don't want him off air. I think you need to be directing your misdirected rant against a different target.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think a big clue to Frankie Boyle is in his favourite comedian - Bill Hicks.

Just finished reading 'My Shit Life So Far' on holiday - and can thoroughly recommend it. Here's what he has to say about football: 'Celtic won the European Cup in 1967 with a team all born withing five miles of the ground. If they tried that now they couldn't find eleven guys who still had two legs. I find it difficult to believe that people can care about whether some millionaire pervert has got a thigh strain or not. That's another thing about football - it's a bit gay. Guys fretting over some lad's calf or something - they might as well all f*** each other in the centre circle.' . Like I say, perfect holiday reading :lol:

Oh, and he went to Sussex Uni. Anybody on here know him from his time there?

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
bit like the acourts then?

As bushy has said that was quality. I dislike intensly the daily mail for the culture of fear that I believe that they try and spread, however I have massive respect to the daily mail for doing what they did re: the acourts et al, interesting that they still haven't been sued.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
he is a rude, self induldgant, arrogant wanker, who targets the minorities in our society using really basic, rants which sound like a bloke in a pub.

He does it better than everyone though, and is a genius. Its a type of humour that if you don't like/get then turn over. 900 channels and you're going to watch something that offends you? Why?

Frankie Boyle? He's a comic legend (for our times, now at least)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Weird that all this brouhaha kicks off over the use of two "unforgivable" words and completely misses the context. The joke is poking fun at British attitudes to Johnny Foreigner, which you'd have thought would have been music to liberal ears.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here