Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FORTY NOTES FUND (pi** take)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
ok nice 1 alan you dick knight loving prat!

:censored:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
berkshire seagull said:
People do understand where you are coming from byf and we have had a massive topic about such things recently.

I have stated that to much is exspected from the fans these days at the albion and that we need to find some investers somehow,but that seems unlikely from what i gather from other posters on here.

The only thing that keeps us running smoothly is not dick or anyone else,but the fans of bha as its clear to see.
Dick should always be a part of the club,but facts are facts that dick hasn't any money and is never likely to.

Anything is possible and once falmer gets the nod in jan then more investers may step forward to give us the clout to buy decent players and build for falmer.:clap: :clap:

Berks - I would agree, there are a (apparently growing) number of fans who see that we have been successful over the last few seasons and want to know 'where all the money has gone'. Hopefully all will become clear over the next couple of years as our stadium rises into view at Falmer. However those investors that appear after Falmer is a done deal should be treated with suspicion as in where were they when we really needed them?

byf - although I don't agree with all that you say you are probably right to be a bit sceptical. It's not always easy to see where the money goes. After we've been shafted by the likes of Stanley and Archer it's hard to trust one man to be honest about the club. Personally I look at the situation that Dick Knight took over - playing in Gillingham, only stopped from going out of the league by Donny being awful - and see that things are much better even now. I think we have no alternative but to trust him. No-one else is going to take over his position (unless you have a wad of cash to do it). The only thing for it is to back him as he has delivered on most of his promises. He is more open with the fans than any previous chairman. What else do you suggest?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
byf said:
ok nice 1 alan you dick knight loving prat!

:censored:
Ahhh...when all else fails, a bit of good old-fashioned abuse is always there to fall back on eh ?

Marvellous, well done byf.

*waits with baited breath for byf's insult to come my way*

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Spiros said:
Berks - I would agree, there are a (apparently growing) number of fans who see that we have been successful over the last few seasons and want to know 'where all the money has gone'. Hopefully all will become clear over the next couple of years as our stadium rises into view at Falmer. However those investors that appear after Falmer is a done deal should be treated with suspicion as in where were they when we really needed them?

byf - although I don't agree with all that you say you are probably right to be a bit sceptical. It's not always easy to see where the money goes. After we've been shafted by the likes of Stanley and Archer it's hard to trust one man to be honest about the club. Personally I look at the situation that Dick Knight took over - playing in Gillingham, only stopped from going out of the league by Donny being awful - and see that things are much better even now. I think we have no alternative but to trust him. No-one else is going to take over his position (unless you have a wad of cash to do it). The only thing for it is to back him as he has delivered on most of his promises. He is more open with the fans than any previous chairman. What else do you suggest?

what a reasonable man

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
spiros i do agree,your right,maybe i am too sceptical,but im just discussing my fears for a club i love!

i never said get rid of the dick,but i feel there is a lot goin on that we dont know about+it worries me!

agree?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
easy 10+alan what a double team!

:shootself

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
byf said:
spiros i do agree,your right,maybe i am too sceptical,but im just discussing my fears for a club i love!

i never said get rid of the dick,but i feel there is a lot goin on that we dont know about+it worries me!

agree?

hmm did you read spiros' last 2 sentences?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
:drink:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
kinkygerbil said:
why dont we sell the name of the new ground to a big company ala bolton and boro it would raise a lot of money

knight has already said this is inevitable i think

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
The fact is - Ecovert has got us by the balls (all those who supported Tory 'competitive tendering ' policy please take note: as a result of that our landlords at Withdean are not a basically supportive local council but a French company who have absolutely no interest in doing anything other than making money out of us - cf most other privatisations, eg the railways: at least Ecovert don't actually kill people...)

Added to that, the cost of the public enquiry is absolutely ridiculous.

BHAFC get NO money from the catering and have to pay a massive rent for use of the stadium. It is a testament to DK's good financial acumen that the club has managed to win 2 championships on the trot (and nearly survive in Div 1) despite not having bought a player for money since BZ. I was livid at BZ's selling price too (and said so!) but that is the brutal fact of the financial balance of forces in football right now, a fact with which I heartily disagree - but that is the real world.

There is no doubt in my mind that Dick has the club's best interests firmly at heart, and has had all through his tenure. We need Falmer to fulfil our potential and stop trying to move forward with our feet tied together. If you don't want to contribute to the 40 Note Fund, fine. Each to his/her own. But please don't insult those who want to, and are doing what they believe is right for the future of BHAFC,

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
byf said:
berkshire seagull good point!

see if people do feel im wrong then follow in the example of berkshire,hes constructively put his point across!
That must be a first for moi:lolol: :lolol:

If you see that huge thread you will see i have said my peice as also has everyone else and at the end of the day there is not a lot that will change even though its very very frustrating.;)

Funny enough it makes you feel a lot better to say what you are thinking about the situation.:flameboun

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
alan - I'm not really sure whether your response is tongue in cheek or not. Personally I think that if Dick Knight hadn't shown up we wouldn't have a club to support, but I still feel from time to time that the numbers don't quite add up.

I just look back a few years to the end of the Barry Lloyd era. There had been a lot of protests and eventually one man made himself very popular indeed by firing Lloyd. He also used to walk around the perimeter track before home games and chat to the fans, who all said what a nice bloke he was. His name was David Belotti.

The very situation that Dick saved us from is what makes me unlikely to fully believe football club owners ever again. Although I don't agree with all that byf says I can understand what might make him think that way, and I'm sure that he's not in the minority. However I think that a lot of the scepticism will go once Falmer is given the go ahead and building work starts.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
why dont we sell the ground to cliff richard?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
yer alan,that told you!

go spiros go!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Spiros said:
alan - I'm not really sure whether your response is tongue in cheek or not. Personally I think that if Dick Knight hadn't shown up we wouldn't have a club to support, but I still feel from time to time that the numbers don't quite add up.

I just look back a few years to the end of the Barry Lloyd era. There had been a lot of protests and eventually one man made himself very popular indeed by firing Lloyd. He also used to walk around the perimeter track before home games and chat to the fans, who all said what a nice bloke he was. His name was David Belotti.

The very situation that Dick saved us from is what makes me unlikely to fully believe football club owners ever again. Although I don't agree with all that byf says I can understand what might make him think that way, and I'm sure that he's not in the minority. However I think that a lot of the scepticism will go once Falmer is given the go ahead and building work starts.

sorry spiros. my pont was, that the last point of your excellent post was that dick knight was very open with the fans. byf then claimed he agreed with you but said he thought there were 'things' going on we don't know about. he then asked 'agree?' of you

my point was to him then....'didn't you read spiros' last 2 sentences

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
sorry spiros my PONT WAS!

not doing txt spk are you alan,or you just thick?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here