Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FORTY NOTES FUND (pi** take)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

i just love it when my threads hit the big one!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
:nono:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
byf you are sounding a little nerdy now but is probablly just a blip. keep up the good work. partridge go and have a play with yourself in a dark corner it might cheer you up, thats if you can find that wrinkly maggott of yours.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There will be a collection for the Forty Notes Fund before the game with Wrexham on Saturday, and at half-time. Please give generously, as this may (or may not) be the difference between automatic promotion and play-offs.

You don't have to give £40 of course - you can give more, but anything donated will be gratefully accepted.

The Fund is operated independently of the club, and all profits are ring-fenced for use by Mark McGhee on the acquisition of new players.

Thank you.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
you gonna take the bucket up to dick knight?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
who was that then?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Notice to byf & bhafc4eva.

There must be a school near you or a charity that could use an internet capable computer. Can you please donate yours.

Fully agree with the forty notes fund. Gillingham seems an awful long time ago, but it isn't, and we know it. Atilla, Chapmans and Easy, are spot on in their comments.

One of the biggest factors I expect we will find in all of this is the lawyers final cost. Anyone who has had to use a basic solicitor realises that they do very little for at least twenty five pounds per hour.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Actually, DK told me that these lawyers 'didn't get out of bed for less than £1,000 an hour'.

If that's what it takes to get Falmer, so be it. Lewes DC spent an awful lot of PUBLIC money (est. £500,000) on their case, and didn't even have the mandate to do so. Brighton & Hove City Council spent about £300,000 on the silks, and Falmer Parish Council spent a fair wallop also.

Whatever was spent was budgeted for in keeping the club alive, but it meant that the funds had to be cut back from elsewhere. Simple economics, really. No mystery about missing money, it basically went to the barristers. They are that expensive.

When Falmer is announced positively, barristers won't have to be paid for, outside investment should (?) be more forthcoming, and the club can go on to the next stage of development. Until then...

Last edited:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
BYF - if you so love the club, and know about the finances, how come you have only just heard of the forty note fund...?? It has happened before you know

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
i do love the club,if i didnt why would i spend all the money goin 2 home+away games,surely your not sayin because i have a difference in opinion it means im not a fan???????

i know its happend before+it got us rod+i loved rod,true genuis,never the same after the peterbough away game!

stop what dover,just puting point across!

why dont we all stop,i mean anybody think this was a chat board!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
dover97 said:
Berkshire....You're sounding like a lawyer. Thanks Large One, maybe the other pair could stop now.
May i suggest you read my posts again as you will find im certainly not that smart and never will be.:smokin:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Just getting back to the original question, fans collecting money for Albion to purchase players is not something that has arisen since Knight has been at the club. Those with long memories will remember the fans collecting cash to help buy Bert Murray from Chelsea back in 1972. Those with slightly shorter memories will recall the Lifeline fund set up around 1987 to help the Albion buy players they couldn't then afford. The first acquisition I believe was Darren Hughes. The Forty Note Fund is following on in this tradition, the club is running a tight budget it cannot afford to buy or pay for extra players, the fans have decided to get the collection tins out and help add a little extra to the budget.

I cannot see anything wrong in this. It is your choice whether you contribute. I can confirm that the club were quite lukewarm in their support when this fund was first suggested.

As far as I am concerned anything that keeps this club going financially has to be accepted as doing something good. We cannot rely on gate receipts because we are operating to capacity. Football finance is in a recession at the moment, clubs have to operate a tight budget these days. Its easy to say there must be investors out there but unless somebody can come up with a name we have to operate with the person who is now in charge.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Beg to differ, I thought we signed Burt from Birmingham although he'd played for Chelsea.

Apart from that Well said Mr Trees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here