Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FDM on way out

D

Deleted member 2719

I watch him i'm a sad Fu*ker.

I 'd love to ask the defence who they would prefer behind them.

Come on Race tell us.

:D

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Mouldy Boots said:
I Don't think you will find he has a problem with the bench its not being given a proper chance and being dropped for his distrubution alone.

Which is fair enough - distribution is a huge part of a keeper's game.

D

Deleted member 2719

Repugnant Toad said:
Which is fair enough - distribution is a huge part of a keeper's game.

It has never been a problem untill Mcgee decided it was and i never heard Albion fans saying FDM is so poor at distributing the ball can we have a better keeper its Bollox in my eyes.:bowdown: :albion:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I don't know ... I think his kicking's always been a major problem, and he's reluctant to throw it out. It's much more of an issue at this level, that's all - at lower levels, being a good shot-stopper is enough; here, not so.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
he was on his way out to hull before his car crash(the only reason he is still here).the official line was we couldn't afford two senior keepers when he was second to roberts.

nothing changed there.he is still our second senior keeper and we cant afford two.

D

Deleted member 2719

Repugnant Toad said:
I don't know ... I think his kicking's always been a major problem, and he's reluctant to throw it out. It's much more of an issue at this level, that's all - at lower levels, being a good shot-stopper is enough; here, not so.

Just to be controversial i did feel FDM could have done better with those goals yesterday - however i'm not shifting any blame on Hendo and we will never going to know.

As long as Mcgee can keep some consistency in team selection barring Injuries-in other words only drop people who deserve to be dropped i'm sure the squad will all pull together.

:ascarf:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bluejuice said:
I'm sorry but this whole Kuipers situation is really pissing me off now.

He's been one of our most consistent performers for years now, and has showed no signs of his standards dropping. As far as I'm concerned if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I appreciate that we need backup, particularly as FDM has had injuries, but what we needed was backup, not a replacement. It seems to me McGhee just wants his own players in the side, when our older pros have done nothing wrong.

Kuipers has been a legend for this club and we're just expected to stand aside as he gets forced out of the club for no good reason? We're not going to get a fortune by selling him, so there's no need to get rid.

I'm going to be really disappointed if he goes. I know Henderson is good, but so is Kuipers. Goalkeepers expect to wait for their chances, it's normal. So when Kuipers is in the team, playing well, he shouldn't expect to be replaced. It reminds me of when Ranieri was sacked by Chelsea. He's done a great job but the writing was on the cards from the start, and it was irrelevant how well he'd performed because those above wanted him out, despite the fans and team more than happy with him.

:clap: :clap: Totally agree. I'm a McGhee fan but his treatment of FDM has made me question whether he is losing it.

Giraffe said:
:clap: :clap: Totally agree. I'm a McGhee fan but his treatment of FDM has made me question whether he is losing it.
Pray tell us ...

When you talk about "his treatment of FDM", what exactly are you referring to?

And what are your sources?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I just hope that if he does go the club acts with a bit of CLASS, rather than f*** him around, because he deserves the club's respect for excellent service.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Pavilionaire said:
I just hope that if he does go the club acts with a bit of CLASS, rather than f*** him around, because he deserves the club's respect for excellent service.

How is he not getting the club's respect?
As I read it, it is FDM who isn't respecting the club.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I understand this Kuipers hero worship, amazing shot stopper and I'd had the pleasure of meeting him very briefly.

However, I suspect that if Kuipers has fallen out with Mcghee, its down to the fact that he hasn't been picked.

Unfortunately you can have only one goalkeeper on the pitch, and the alternatives (with my extremely limited footballing knowledge) seem to be better.

I've sit at games and have seen an alternative goalkeeper throw or kick a ball to a standard that Kuipers can't unfortunately live up to. If you can get a keeper you has even 50% of Kuipers shot stopping ability but can distribute the ball effectively, well I'd rather have that.

How people can question his treatment is frankly beyond me. He's still here after a major car crash and an even major injury.

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I can't understand all this stuff about MM getting rid of our 'best' players. All I can see is that he's shipping out our disruptive players. Cullip, Knight, Jarrett, McCammon and Kuipers all have reputations for being self-opinionated, easily upset and bad for morale.

At the Reading reserve game last month Kuipers was heard telling a fan that there was no way that MM was going to pick him for the first team. If he's prepared to say that to someone he doesn't even know then what's he going to say in front of his teammates and management? Bearing in mind that we have several young players in the squad - who we're trying to integrate with the other senior professionals, what example will that set them?

I think that what MM is trying to do is clear the decks for the run-in - when he'll need a team of players who are all prepared to play (and fight) for each other, not just for themselves. We'll also need to bring in others and get them working as part of this team, but that has to be easier with a group of players that are all up for the fight.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Jim D said:

At the Reading reserve game last month Kuipers was heard telling a fan that there was no way that MM was going to pick him for the first team. If he's prepared to say that to someone he doesn't even know then what's he going to say in front of his teammates and management? Bearing in mind that we have several young players in the squad - who we're trying to integrate with the other senior professionals, what example will that set them?

Funnily enough, MM did pick him for the next game because of the two good saves he made from Lita in that reserve game.
So Kuipers was wrong about that.
Your post sums it up beautifully but the MM detractors won't want to see it that way.

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
Jim D said:
I can't understand all this stuff about MM getting rid of our 'best' players. All I can see is that he's shipping out our disruptive players. Cullip, Knight, Jarrett, McCammon and Kuipers all have reputations for being self-opinionated, easily upset and bad for morale.

Bad for morale?? Cullip and Kuipers were two of the main players behind our three promotions. I expect we'd be playing champions league by now if we hadn't had those two sapping the morale from the squad.. I also didn't see any morale problems in the team that went up in the play-offs (the season knight scored 27 goals).

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
What's bad for morale is when you have a dressing room bully that is a senior member of the squad. This is doubly bad when you have to rely on youngsters and they hear and see the unprofessional attitude of the so-called star players. What MM did was to identify the problem and get rid of it. That may be harsh on someone who's been an idol for many, but that's the reality.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
LDH said:
Bad for morale?? Cullip and Kuipers were two of the main players behind our three promotions. I expect we'd be playing champions league by now if we hadn't had those two sapping the morale from the squad.. I also didn't see any morale problems in the team that went up in the play-offs (the season knight scored 27 goals).
You never do when things are going well in a sub-standard division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here