Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FDM on way out

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Race said:
Surely even you dont believe everything you read in the papers :ohmy:

We DONT, but the way Kuipers has been dragged into everyone elses arguement, and the way he is seemingly treated by MM (and indeed the club) does not really befit someone who has made a significant contribution over his time here.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How can you ever drop a player then?

Oatway is spot on with his attitude. He has been dropped and comeback stronger than ever. People can learn alot from Charlie.

That goes for OGH and Butters as well.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Rougvie said:
We DONT, but the way Kuipers has been dragged into everyone elses arguement, and the way he is seemingly treated by MM (and indeed the club) does not really befit someone who has made a significant contribution over his time here.

It's entirely up to you how you read into things, doesnt necessarily make it true though.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Race said:
It's entirely up to you how you read into things, doesnt necessarily make it true though.

No it doesnt, but you will know very well that the situation with MM and FDM is 'strained' to say the least.

I'm not blamimg MM for it, as there has to be some sort of dicipline when it comes to fighting for places, but I would have liked to have seen him treated that little bit better, he ISNT a Leon Knight or a McCammon and has worked hard for the club and never really let us down.

Uncle Buck said:
I have said it before, although Kuipers is a good servant, if we can offload him we should, but we should at the same time remember the service he has given the club and not force him out.

Henderson looks to be the number one, Flo will go back at the end of the season, Martin is already a pro, so if Kuipers stays it would probably mean having to get rid of Sullivan as we cannot justify 3 professional keepers. However Sullivan has already played for England at Under 18 level and looks to be a decent prospect that we might be able to sell at some point, so do we really want to lose him. So surely it is better to move the more experienced, but injury prone and highish earning Kuipers on and develop Henderson, Martin and Sullivan?

:clap: :clap: :D

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rougvie said:
No it doesnt, but you will know very well that the situation with MM and FDM is 'strained' to say the least.

I'm not blamimg MM for it, as there has to be some sort of dicipline when it comes to fighting for places, but I would have liked to have seen him treated that little bit better, he ISNT a Leon Knight or a McCammon and has worked hard for the club and never really let us down.

I would have thought that as Race is biblically known to a member of the team she knows exactly what's what but isn't at liberty to divulge.

Jim D said:
I can't understand all this stuff about MM getting rid of our 'best' players. All I can see is that he's shipping out our disruptive players. Cullip, Knight, Jarrett, McCammon and Kuipers all have reputations for being self-opinionated, easily upset and bad for morale.

At the Reading reserve game last month Kuipers was heard telling a fan that there was no way that MM was going to pick him for the first team. If he's prepared to say that to someone he doesn't even know then what's he going to say in front of his teammates and management? Bearing in mind that we have several young players in the squad - who we're trying to integrate with the other senior professionals, what example will that set them?

I think that what MM is trying to do is clear the decks for the run-in - when he'll need a team of players who are all prepared to play (and fight) for each other, not just for themselves. We'll also need to bring in others and get them working as part of this team, but that has to be easier with a group of players that are all up for the fight.

Jim, I admire your sentiments a lot here and agree with your statement that all McGhee is doing is acting like a concientious manager and making some hard decisions in the club's best interests. Sadly, if FDM wants to have his last days remembered for bahaving like an immature teenager, that is up to him and not McGhee. He should have been on the bench on Saturday rather than having to force McGhee's hand to discipline him. FDM is old enough now to do these things in the proper way. If he doesn't want to be Hendo's No2, then he should go through the proper channels, submit a transfer request and get his agent to negotiate a release from his contract. If all that were done, he would then go with all our good wishes. The current situation is that I as a fan I am paying his wages so he can sit and home an be a prima donna, and I'm not happy about that.

But I disagree with Jim regarding Cullip. Dick Knight went on record saying we offered DC the best deal of any player in recent years to stay. I'm afraid we then missed his experience and defensive solidity when we had that very bad post-February wobble last season. McGhee then went on record to say that we went back to Warnock twice to get him - first for a loan move and then in the summer just before he was offloaded to Forest. McGhee definitely did want Danny back here, and he is not in the same category as those other players listed.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
What a SHOCKING indictment of a manager.

He should have OUR players in the side, not the ones he thinks are best at doing the job.

you been at the sarcastic pills again havn't you?:lolol:

A van der Meyde said:
If this is true, I have lost faith in him. Falling out with so many players is damaging morale.

Nonsense, he has had disagreements with a tiny handful of his squad, and they've all been because these players haven't been able to accept McGhee's plans to improve the squad, which in many cases don't include them.

What gets me about all these jibes against McGhee is this idiotic view that disagreements and fallings out aren't a fairly commonplace thing in football.

At Stoke, for example, we have a situation where the manager refuses point blank to speak to the director of football. At QPR, you have a situation where various factions of the board stage confront each other at gunpoint :lolol:

Frankly, I'll take our little local difficulties over that any day, and wish McGhee all the luck in the world dealing with a few fragile egos :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rougvie said:
and the way he is seemingly treated by MM (and indeed the club) does not really befit someone who has made a significant contribution over his time here.

Kuipers has been treated extremely well by the club. He has been paid throughout all his injuries, some in the line of duty (his shoulder injury) and some self inflicted (his car crash) The club has stood by him through thick and thin.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
LI - my comments about Cullip were as a result of a Seagulls over London meeting I attended last year (Feb/March time). Without mentioning names, we had 2 Albion seniors there who said (or implied heavily) that they were very glad to get rid of DC, and that his presence in the Sheff U side definitely motivated the team. I'm equally certain that they weren't keen to see him return. Of course, opinions change due to time and circumstances - but that was the view at that point in time.

Having said that, this brings out another issue that I've been wondering about - misinformation (or disinformation). Over the last few weeks we've been told that we've made approaches to several players and clubs but been thrown back at every turn. I wonder how many of these approaches were serious and how many were made in order to appease the critics? Is it coincidence that many of the players they've approached were mentioned on here, or is it something else?

One thing's for sure, the players we've actually got in were hardly known beforehand - let alone touted on NSC. I would think this were just me adding 2+2 and getting 22 if it wasn't for DKs background in marketing and communications. He must know a thing or two about press releases and stringing people along. After all, it doesn't matter how much money we may have in the kitty if we can't spend it due to nobody being interested or being refused permission to move.

Last edited:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Yorkie said:
Kuipers has been treated extremely well by the club. He has been paid throughout all his injuries, some in the line of duty (his shoulder injury) and some self inflicted (his car crash) The club has stood by him through thick and thin.

I hardly think a car crash is "self-inflicted" especially seeing that he could have been killed in what was a very nasty smash.

I think it is only right that the club would support any player who was unfortunate to have a serious accident whether football related or not.

227 BHA said:
I hardly think a car crash is "self-inflicted" especially seeing that he could have been killed in what was a very nasty smash.

Seemed prety self inflicted to me. Crashd his wife's sports car on a B road. Unless of course the policewoman delibertaely crashed her car into his

"The game at Brisbane Road marked the Dutch goalkeeper's comeback from injuries sustained in a serious car crash on the way into training seven weeks ago.

Kuipers cheated death in the accident on Ditchling Beacon Road, Brighton. He was behind the wheel of wife Rebecca's yellow sports Mazda when it was involved in a collision with a car driven by a policewoman.

Firefighters had to cut Kuipers free from the wreckage. He was airlifted to the Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath but escaped with cuts and bruising."

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Storer68 said:
He was airlifted to the Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath but escaped with cuts and bruising."

That WAS lucky, if you visit most hospitals you end up with MRSA, Clostridium difficile or Vancomycin resistant enterococcus - so a few cuts and bruises is nothing ! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

No offense to our hard working and dedicated NHS staff (including 'er indoors) - who battle so hard against the odds and the government to keep the NHS running.

Last edited:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Storer68 said:
"The game at Brisbane Road marked the Dutch goalkeeper's comeback from injuries sustained in a serious car crash on the way into training seven weeks ago.

Work related

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Yorkie said:

I'm sure he will be delighted to read this! For someone who cannot ever see wrong in anything the club does, you have excelled yourself this time! :nono:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
For me the problem is with FDM.

Last season he was No1 choice for Goalie, no question ! then once he got injured we brought in a few loan keepers to cover the last of which was Henderson who is in my opinion a better Goalie than Kuipers.

For FDM to expect to walk back into the team after such a long layoff in very arrogant, he was unlucky with the injury but that's life ! he has to get on with it and if he had not thrown a spat after the Burnley game he may well have come on in the second half against Coventry.

He only has himself to blame

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Hadlee said:
For me the problem is with FDM.

Last season he was No1 choice for Goalie, no question ! then once he got injured we brought in a few loan keepers to cover the last of which was Henderson who is in my opinion a better Goalie than Kuipers.

For FDM to expect to walk back into the team after such a long layoff in very arrogant, he was unlucky with the injury but that's life ! he has to get on with it and if he had not thrown a spat after the Burnley game he may well have come on in the second half against Coventry.

He only has himself to blame

I think you are spot on........ i know McGhee was possibly looking to drop him, and he gave him the opportunity after the Sheff Utd game.

However he has to knuckle down and win his place back.... he only has to look at Knight, Jarrett and McCammon to see what happens if you mouth off at McGhee..... the fact he has thrown his toys out the pram has not helped him. Other players such as OGH and Mayo have been constantly dropped and just work hard to win their places back.... some players however seem to think they have a god given right to play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here