Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fans united statue outside falmer

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
So as to date we've got a faceless fan with big tits holding a multi coloured gay and lesbian rights scarf!!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not to piss on the parade but wouldn't this cost literally tens of thousands to be done well?

No, based on what I am currently paying for cast bronze, it won't be tens of thousands, I think the main cost will be the actual pattern/sculpture that is used to cast it. Just need to find a fiendly sculpturist.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How about the chant of the time, somewhere on it, 'The Fans United, Will Never Be Divided'

I thought it was "Football united will never be defeated"?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I really don't want to piss on anyones fireworks but I really do think to do this cheaply would be shit and embarrassing.

As an example of cost the Bobby Moore statue outside Upton Park cost £725,000 and that was eight years ago.

Personally for this kind of fundraising i think we would have more success for a statue of Peter Ward with arms aloft.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Could cost a fortune. Perhaps we could make one out of lego, matchsticks or even better, we could melt down some of the plastic seats from Withdean and make a lurid green one.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
I think this is a brilliant idea. To celebrate the average football supporter...above the greedy businessman.... from wherever! I would donate money to have this done..... any other offers?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not a statue. Just a picture from the day (of the North Stand with Atilla's banner?) in a prominent place on one of the concourses. To remind us.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
How amazing would a Vietnam Memorial style monument be - everyone that has passed away between Goldstone and Falmer remembered with a sombering wall. Unfortunately it won't happen - and whilst a statue of a great player will be nice it won't be as good as the suggestions on this thread.

On the other side, I garantee you, any mention of the 'dark days' will be considered heresy (in terms of weakining the 'brand') until the next time we're in trouble.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not a statue. Just a picture from the day (of the North Stand with Atilla's banner?) in a prominent place on one of the concourses. To remind us.

I was thinking that a mural of the multitude of fans would be a better and cheaper option than a stature. Possible in the same place in the South stand as the art in the North stand is being planned.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Speaking as someone who's interest in the Albion has been recently re ignited, with the excitement of moving into a new stadium with an actual decent team & manager.
I'm still trying to get my head around the Archer & Bellotti saga.

Is the new stadium being funded by private money, eg from the club's chairman, or is it being funded by the tax/ ratepayer as a community asset ?
Otherwise it could just be a case that, Bloom has more money & better football business sense than, those arseholes who decided to asset strip the club to get their poorly invested money back.

Last edited:

Speaking as someone who's interest in the Albion has been recently re ignited, with the excitement of moving into a new stadium with an actual decent team & manager.
I'm still trying to get my head around the Archer & Bellotti saga.

Is the new stadium being funded by private money, eg from the club's chairman, or is it being funded by the tax/ ratepayer as a community asset ?
Otherwise it could just be a case that, Booth has more money & better football business sense than, those arseholes who decided to asset strip the club to get their poorly invested money back.

They got their £56.25 back thats for sure! you going to need build a bonfire book and the new book my friend,welcome on board

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here