Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fans united statue outside falmer

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I recommend Brett for the cast. He is the most FAMOUS Brighton fan after all.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
İbrahim Tatlıses;4002705 said:
I would imagine it would be a really difficult statue to design. How exactly can you epitomise football fans united?

Perhaps it'd be a football, with each patch a different pair of coloured stripes/cheqs to represent as many clubs who attended as possible?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Would anyone else be up for this? A statue to mark the support given to the albion by other fans,before we move on and forget the struggle.
It would mark the past and serve as a reminder that as football fans we must stay united for the greater good,is it something nsc chat could support i'm sure midsussexgulls would join the cause. What do you guys feel?

Brilliant idea.

Great to see no binfest in sight (yet!!!)

Top Work Rev.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
How about one faceless fan with a stripped scarf, each stripe a different colour, with a letter from the word Fans United in each stripe, then on the base the date, game, score and a list of every single club that sent fans to the game?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
How about one faceless fan with a stripped scarf, each stripe a different colour, with a letter from the word Fans United in each stripe, then on the base the date, game, score and a list of every single club that sent fans to the game?

Multi-coloured stripes could be a bit risky...

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
i like this idea, we could do a copy of the four american soldiers planting the flag, except instead of a flag they could be raising a football up?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How about getting Anthony Gormley to create it, we could have the "seagull of the south"...and make it big, it could serve as a welcome to Falmer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
i think they could be told to like it! Roll that snowball!

I am speaking to the guy in the morning to get an indication of the cost to cast it in Bronze.

Perhaps it'd be a football, with each patch a different pair of coloured stripes/cheqs to represent as many clubs who attended as possible?

If you're casting in bronze you don't really have any call on colours, only textures, if it is of a fan, then make it so he is clearly wearing a footie shirt, the sponsors name picked out clearly as 'FANS UNITED'

You could then reasonably easily cast into the base, or elsewhere on it a list of all the names, some text about fans united etc, maybe on the back of the shirt.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I am speaking to the guy in the morning to get an indication of the cost to cast it in Bronze.

If you're casting in bronze you don't really have any call on colours, only textures, if it is of a fan, then make it so he is clearly wearing a footie shirt, the sponsors name picked out clearly as 'FANS UNITED'

You could then reasonably easily cast into the base, or elsewhere on it a list of all the names, some text about fans united etc, maybe on the back of the shirt.

I wasn't rolling with it being done in Bronze, but if thats how it is going to be done then fair play.

Faceless, and a blank scarf where away fans can stand and hold their scarves to be photographed?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
How about the chant of the time, somewhere on it, 'The Fans United, Will Never Be Divided'

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I really should read the rest of the thread, before posting!!!!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Instead of a faceless fan, how about Richard Vaughan being that fan?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think the fan with his arms up, so the visiting suporters can slip on one of their own shirts, and also stretch a scarf between his hands, job done all in one.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
This is a great idea. one the base a nice little dit such as "Many believe Brighton and Hove Albion would not be here today had it not been for a show of football unity on 8 Feb 1997. On that day supporters from all over Europe came to a home game against Hartlepool United and showed their support for our troubled club and the wider problem of Business ruining the beautiful game. This is our way of showing our gratitude to everyone who supported us on the long journey. Thank you."

Or something like that...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Instead of a faceless fan, how about Richard Vaughan being that fan?

I hear what you are saying but a faceless fan would represent all clubs. Plus it would be easier and cheaper to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here