Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fans united statue outside falmer

has someone hacked your account? I mean, the person posting as 'return of the rev' has come up with a damn fine idea.

To be fair i'm a pretty good fan and i think you know this,sometimes its good to play the :jester:fool NEVER USED FOUL LANGAUGE AND NOT LOOKING TO BEAT THE **** OUT OF ANYONE AT FOOTIE SO LETS LIVE AND LET LIVE MY FRIEND:kiss:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
How many bloody statues do you guys want outside our new stadium? It'll be like an obstacle course by the time you're through!

gnjd_85

May 19, 2009
How many bloody statues do you guys want outside our new stadium? It'll be like an obstacle course by the time you're through!

To be fair I think this is by a long long way the best idea yet.

All other suggestions of Bloom/Knight/Ward etc all a bit cringey to me but I would love to have one statue there and this would be perfect.

As mentioned previously, just 2/3/4 (depending on expense...) fans holding different scarves up with a little plaque describing the day, never forget!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Great idea but not really going to happen (sorry to be a party pooper but big bronze statues start at £50K+ and can easily cost three or four times that).

Maybe a proper big plaque in the floor surrounded by our little not-enough-space-to-say-anything ones? Maybe NSC could sound out the club and start a collection - I'd be in for ten or twenty quid

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It could go on top of the lift shaft, that way it wont get desicrated by visiting morons

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Nice idea. How about designing the statue so it will be photographed by visiting fans every week?

Put it at ground level, near the away end, and with a design that allows fans to easily put their team's shirt on the statue. (eg with arms in air)

Will probably take a while for all 91 clubs to visit, but it will be fun.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I'd like to see a Leon Knight statue:

statue-14.jpg

nice idea. How about designing the statue so it will be photographed by visiting fans every week?

Put it at ground level, near the away end, and with a design that allows fans to easily put their team's shirt on the statue. (eg with arms in air)

will probably take a while for all 91 clubs to visit, but it will be fun.

Excellent idea the statue subjects could be holding arms aloft each side so away fans could hang their flag for photo! Would be nice to include all clubs on the monument:clap: its fans united

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Anyone going to take this to the club. This is a fantastic idea, and is also unique at the moment (as far as I know).

Yoda

English & European
Or how about the North stand from that day painted all across the outside of the Stadium wall at both ends with the chant from the day above it "FOOTBALL, UNITED, WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED."

Oh, and we have to make sure the Eintracht Frankfurt fan is visable. What an effort from him.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It will only be a good idea if it done well and expensively. See the Stanley Matthews statue at Stoke for example. A cheap effort would be worse than nothing at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here