Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fans united statue outside falmer

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Nice idea. How about designing the statue so it will be photographed by visiting fans every week?

Put it at ground level, near the away end, and with a design that allows fans to easily put their team's shirt on the statue. (eg with arms in air)

Will probably take a while for all 91 clubs to visit, but it will be fun.

Bloody brilliant idea.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And it would be something to drape our half and half Brighton/Wrexham scarves over whenever something unpleasant happens to anyone who once posted on NSC, or indeed their cat.

in fact we could have a funeral pyre built where people can BURN all their half and half scarves......someone sat near me on saturday had a stoke/brighton scarf on:wrong:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fans united statue - great idea

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I am working on a project at the moment where we are casting 6' tall sign frames I'n bronze, I could find out what it would cost to cast a life size fan, then it would just be a case of getting the pattern done by a sculpturer and of course arranging to install it, which is easy BTW. Best see if the club like the idea, I think it is a f***ing brilliant idea.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
can we have one like Jimmy cranky at Southampton?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can it incorporate a flag saying "Better luck next year Brighton"?

i am working on a project at the moment where we are casting 6' tall sign frames i'n bronze, i could find out what it would cost to cast a life size fan, then it would just be a case of getting the pattern done by a sculpturer and of course arranging to install it, which is easy btw. Best see if the club like the idea, i think it is a f***ing brilliant idea.

i think they could be told to like it! Roll that snowball!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Great idea, but it is so easy to get it wrong.

Something crap like this should be avoided at all costs.

tedbatesstatue.jpg

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Great idea.

To keep the cost down, a single, faceless fan (to represent all, not just one specific person), arms raised, applauding as the visitors arrive.

Add that to the visitors walking into the south stand bathed in their team colors, drinking their local beverage, watching their team on the screens.

All part of a memorable away trip.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I am working on a project at the moment where we are casting 6' tall sign frames I'n bronze, I could find out what it would cost to cast a life size fan, then it would just be a case of getting the pattern done by a sculpturer and of course arranging to install it, which is easy BTW. Best see if the club like the idea, I think it is a f***ing brilliant idea.

If you need someone to take a cast of I have a pretty amazing body ;) x :safeway:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Nice idea. How about designing the statue so it will be photographed by visiting fans every week?

Put it at ground level, near the away end, and with a design that allows fans to easily put their team's shirt on the statue. (eg with arms in air)

Will probably take a while for all 91 clubs to visit, but it will be fun.

although my full sized North Stand replica idea is amazing, this is a GREAT idea.

call it, 'The Football Fan'

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Great idea!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here