Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fans united statue outside falmer

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Speaking as someone who's interest in the Albion has been recently re ignited, with the excitement of moving into a new stadium with an actual decent team & manager.
I'm still trying to get my head around the Archer & Bellotti saga.

Is the new stadium being funded by private money, eg from the club's chairman, or is it being funded by the tax/ ratepayer as a community asset ?
Otherwise it could just be a case that, Booth has more money & better football business sense than, those arseholes who decided to asset strip the club to get their poorly invested money back.

Bloom, Tony Bloom.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I rather liked the bronze with the family. The club has lost a generation of fans, and without the United day there would be no club for those fans to have an identity with.

One of the best ideas i have heard of for the Stadium.

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
I also think that would be the best statue, if it could be done create the march outside the Goldstone North stand, when fans carry the banner about "money men" or something.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Not wishing to shit on the parade, and I feel the idea is superb, and should be done.
But before going into getting prices for bronze statues, and designing them and where they are going to be sited............. has anyone tought of asking B&HA.FC if they are in agreement to the idea and where it could possibly be sited.
Also, unless Tony Bloom stumps up some more cash, how on earth is NSC going to raise this sort of money.
Take a reality check people.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not wishing to shit on the parade, and I feel the idea is superb, and should be done.
But before going into getting prices for bronze statues, and designing them and where they are going to be sited............. has anyone tought of asking B&HA.FC if they are in agreement to the idea and where it could possibly be sited.
Also, unless Tony Bloom stumps up some more cash, how on earth is NSC going to raise this sort of money.
Take a reality check people.

All of this, I'm afraid. But I hope it can be done.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hey, I am working with a foundry at the moment, I am in regualr contact with them over a project we're working on, not related to this at all, so I simply asked the question about cost indications. No point having any sort of a conversation if it is beyond the realms of fundraising.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What about having 'FALMER' spelt out, Hollywood style, in massive silver letters on the Downs just above the stadium. I can't see anyone objecting to that in planning or aesthetic terms. :whistle:

Last edited:

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
I think a Fans Utd statue would be a brilliant idea. It will be a permanent reminder of all the pain & the "gory years", the support of the fans across the country (& beyond) to stand in solidarity and help prevent a fellow club dying (especially pertinent at a point in time when we began to witness the rise of the money men with the Sky money & the Premier League)......and finally for it to be situated outside our new home.

It will be something to remind all those who were there at the time, the younger generations of Albion fans who didn't witness the dark days and send a message to the away fans that we remember the contribution their fellow fans made and will never forget.

Stumpy Tim

Rather than a faceless statue, I think it would be much better to have a statute of a man who represents football as a whole. A man who EVERY football fan adores, loves and respects. It's obvious really

lovejoy.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What about having 'FALMER' spelt out, Hollywood style, in massive silver letters on the Downs just above the stadium. I can't see anyone objecting to that in planning or aesthetic terms. :whistle:

I did that for BASILDON recently, a shocking sign if ever I saw one, but that's what they wanted :shrug:

That was me :blush:

article-0-08E87714000005DC-915_634x422.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was thinking that a mural of the multitude of fans would be a better and cheaper option than a stature.
Yes, excellent idea!

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is a great idea.

How about we write to the club who donate a bunch of items signed by Gus and the fella's. I am sure they would happy to oblige for such a cause. We then have a mass NSC auction, using ebay if we have to. That should raise a few grand. How much are we talking about for a statue anyway ?. We could always try and involve all of the fans / other clubs from the day. Those who donate get their name on the statue.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Stanley Matthews statue at the Brittania cost £210k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here