Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer delay......

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
yeah after the club slating the press the other week this is pretty shit. Handled badly. Expect will be more delays to come. No positive spin on this news Im afraid

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe the delay is not down to building times, but how long it will take the team to reach the championship :jester:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bracknell
The Report that went to the City Council's Enterprise, Employment and Major Projects Cabinet Member Meeting on 16 September 2008 included this:-

Financial Implications

5.1 As part of the development process the council, as landlord, must be satisfied
that the Community Stadium Ltd has secured sufficient funding, bonds,
guarantees and grants for the completion and operation of the development.

In its capacity as landlord, the Council approved the Club's latest proposals. Whilst the details of the funding, bonds, guarantees and grants haven't been made public, we can assume that the Council have been sufficiently satisfied that things are fine. The Council have now released their land to the Albion - which, again, confirms that they are satisfied that the funding is secured.

You can relax, chimneys."

Thank you Lord B, I shall sleep well tonight!!

And many, many congratulations Dick/Martin for securing funding in this almost impossible financial market. Dont know how you got it by the banking risk assessors, with such a tight planning use and diddly squat alternative use vale, but hats off to you both.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Shambles - good to see the club persuaded the Argus to put a positive headline out, after the slap on the wrists the other week....

Is Delluded 433 still claiming it'll be built by August 2010, for sure?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Shambles - good to see the club persuaded the Argus to put a positive headline out, after the slap on the wrists the other week....

Is Delluded 433 still claiming it'll be built by August 2010, for sure?

How is it a shambles ?

Sure it's not ideal, but the club have appointed a contractor, started on site and clearly have the funding sorted. Which in the current financial climate has to be applauded.

You just f***ing moan about everything.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
yeah after the club slating the press the other week this is pretty shit. Handled badly. Expect will be more delays to come. No positive spin on this news Im afraid

agreed - im suprised the argus have been so generous with their reporting of this as well, especially given the fact that they only ever "stir up trouble"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm a bit worried that yer actual people hired to do the construction at Falmer will jump ship for the unlimited overtime jobs that will doubtless be on offer to build multiple stadiums for the Olympics, and that there won't be enough of a skilled workforce available to complete the Falmer job on time.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I guess this means FDM will have his testimonial at Withdean. :(

The club must not continue issuing unrealistic completion dates, announcement dates and so on. These obstacles do not spring up overnight.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
At the Falmer forum you left with a sense there were an awful lot of potential problems and delays. When I left I had prepared myself for the possibility 2010 was a little optimistic to say the least.

While the news is dissapointing for many when the dust has settled and the work starts the mood will start swinging that actually today we have moved a large step closer to reality of it being built.

Its hard to believe we still have a club after all the years of objections and turmoil yet we have a stable platform to move into a cracking new stadium and put Brighton back where they should be.

An additonal season at Withdean whilst frustrating is a small price to pay for what is a very promising future for the club

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
i would just like to say that i said weeks ago it would be delayed and got slated - i'm not saying i told you so :laugh:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
i would just like to say that i said weeks ago it would be delayed and got slated - i'm not saying i told you so :laugh:

Just admit it Deb. You'd absolutely LOVE the whole stadium plan to fall on its arse and get completely cancelled, bankrupting the club in the process, just so you could come on here, RIP into the club and slag off Knight.

Be honest - thats your dream isn't it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ this really is the nail in the coffin and my patience has run out at long last.year after year its the same old shite and obviously yet more delays will crop up:censored:

Good luck to bha fc for the future,im off to support reading my local team:clap:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It was never, ever going to be ready for 2010, and I'd long accepted that. As such, I'm not too disappointed. However, if they're saying it could be ready in December 2010 then there is no, I repeat NO, possible excuse for us not playing there in August 2011.

What I am a bit confused about is that we won't move in mid-season. Ok, I know you need these ramp-up events, but why can't we stage a couple of them just because the season is going on? What about staging some on the 6 days, 22 hours, 30 minutes each week that the albion AREN'T playing?
Indeed, august 2010 was optimistic to say the least. There are always delays on big projects and I'm sure there will be more to come. 2011 will give us some more leeway with extra delays that will surely happen.

The only thing that I can see the club doing wrong here is not being realistic about the timescale, so why all the vitriol? We all know why this process has taken 10 years, anyone is welcome to point out any decision in the last decade which has slowed the project down, but I certainly can't thnk of any.
As far as I can see, the team is going as quick as they can, working within the planning process and all the constraints and regulations that it entails.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here