Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer delay......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............tricky one that.

Middle of winter, under cover, with good sound accoustics and atmosphere at Falmer............................or.............sitting in freezing winds and pouring rain at zero atmoshpere Withdean..............?

Can I have some time to ponder the answer........?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

See your point.
But I'm something of a MASOCHIST, and am happy to wait for the following August. If it was up to me, I would make you all wait even if it was ready for January.

The BEST things come to those who wait.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
See your point.
But I'm something of a MASOCHIST, and am happy to wait for the following August. If it was up to me, I would make you all wait even if it was ready for January.

The BEST things come to those who wait.

But waiting from your early twenties to your mid thirties does seem a little excessive!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Penalty clauses for lateness are common in the construction industry, just as bonus clauses are for early finishing.

Penalty clauses for late completion are not just commonplace, they are the norm.

Bonus clauses are nowhere near as common. So much so that in 28 years, I've never worked on a project with a bonus clause for early completion.

Drizzlecake

Oct 2, 2008
Hove
I was working at the uni yesterday and that picture is actually quite misleading. The stadium isn't going to fit in that little gap, most of that picture will be where the coach park is, and probably the south east corner of the ground. A large chunk will be going where the uni buildings currently are.

Picture is quite accurate actually - the red X marks the spot where photo was taken.

sd0dis.jpg

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I haven't read the whole thread but I wonder why, if the extra work adds 4-5 months to Aug 2010, why do we have to wait a full 12 mths?

Picture this scenario, Albion, in whatever division they are in, are doing well and in the hunt for promotion. They are also in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and have drawn Man Utd at home plus an excellent run in the League cup and a home tie with Chelsea.

it's been a very wet winter, Withdean's pitch is looking ropey. So, with some 10/11 home league games, 2 sell out cup games and appallingweather, do we carry on getting soaked at Withdean with crowds ave under 7k whilst our brand new 22,500 capacity, state of the art coverd ground sits empty?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
an August 2011 target date saves having to announce missing the Dec 10 date. 8 months contingency should be enough

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
an August 2011 target date saves having to announce missing the Dec 10 date. 8 months contingency should be enough

That's what I think too. So, what if we miss the Aug '11 deadline but the ground would be ready by Oct/nov. Would we also claim that we couldn't move mid season and put it off another year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here