Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer delay......

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We've had to wait 11 years just to get this far, one more year added on the end is hardly the biggest of deals in the grand scheme of things, when you're talking about what will be our home for the next god-knows-how-many decades.

Just think what we're getting at the end of this and how we're going to feel when we take our seats there for the very first time...when that day comes, every last second we'll have had to wait will be more than worth it.

As a certain someone might say - keep the faith.

:albion2:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It , if they're saying it could be ready in December 2010 then there is no, I repeat NO, possible excuse for us not playing there in August 2011.

What I am a bit confused about is that we won't move in mid-season. Ok, I know you need these ramp-up events, but why can't we stage a couple of them just because the season is going on? What about staging some on the 6 days, 22 hours, 30 minutes each week that the albion AREN'T playing?

will that be with the players who will be playing again sometime within the next 6 days, 22 hours and 30 mins?

or would you rather we get the guy from Hollyoaks back with his mates for a kickaround?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I am still happy.

At the end of the day the club has done the right thing and came out now and told the news. At least the work will begin in December, rather than delayed a year. 12 months will fly past, and im sure there will be plenty of goings on to keep all our appetites wet over the next couple of years.

As for the stadium funding, we are lucky in my opinion in this current economic shitpan that we have secured funds. And delays would have no doubt come sooner or later.

All in all, bloddy good news in my opinion. ITS GOING TO HAPPEN:clap::yahoo:

:falmer::falmer::falmer::clap2:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
also, couldnt the team train there until the start of the new season?

A great moral boost im sure, turning upto the stadium to train. All of them wondering what it will be like on the opening day?
could be worth thinking about?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Just admit it Deb. You'd absolutely LOVE the whole stadium plan to fall on its arse and get completely cancelled, bankrupting the club in the process, just so you could come on here, RIP into the club and slag off Knight.

Be honest - thats your dream isn't it.

Of course i wouldn't want the stadium to fall through - i am a brighton fan have been all my life - we need a stadium to survive - what i do not like is the lies - also one question i would like answered is "if" we are starting to build in december then why the delays ie not opening until 2011 - we were always going to start building in december anyway and these new rules have been in for ages - haven't they??? - i also think that if we are as skint as we are told then surely us in the stadium during the season 2010/2011 would be better than aug 2011 - bums on more seats = more money = better players = better league position = championship = more money = club more secure!!!

just an idea !!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Of course i wouldn't want the stadium to fall through - i am a brighton fan have been all my life - we need a stadium to survive - what i do not like is the lies - also one question i would like answered is "if" we are starting to build in december then why the delays ie not opening until 2011 - we were always going to start building in december anyway and these new rules have been in for ages - haven't they??? - i also think that if we are as skint as we are told then surely us in the stadium during the season 2010/2011 would be better than aug 2011 - bums on more seats = more money = better players = better league position = championship = more money = club more secure!!!

just an idea !!

Don't you read anything? Go back and read some of the things that people who really understand the situiation have had to say. It is really not as easy as your very simplistic logic.

And again your accusations of 'lies'. Why should they lie? There is absolutely no point or advantage to them by lying to us.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
will that be with the players who will be playing again sometime within the next 6 days, 22 hours and 30 mins?

or would you rather we get the guy from Hollyoaks back with his mates for a kickaround?
Serious question here. What will the capacity for the ramp up events be? if it is 8000 or over then why not just have league games as the ramp up events, it won't be any different to playing at withdean and we'll get to move in months earlier. You never know, we might be chasing promotion and having big crowds would be a massive lift to the players

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
the crime of the Falmer Story is we fans just want to watch football in the same conditions that millions like us do up and down the country every w.e. That's all.

As per the theme of another thread, we already know many fans have literally died waiting it's become so ridiculous whilst the rest of us grow increasingly old. For me, the best years of supporting a football team - e.g. my youth, 20's and early 30's when I had no commitments - were spent watching the near death and painfully slow resurrection of my club BECAUSE OF THE FARCE THAT IS FALMER. That's why I hate ARCHER, BELLOTTI AND THE LIKES OF PRESCOTT AND LDC. I simply won't ever forgive 'em. The scandelous actions of a handful of bastards have affected the lives of thousands. And they're allowed to just live their lives without answering to anyone. Democracy? I'd rather live in a dictatorship at times - the stadium would have been built years ago whilst Baker, De Whatshername, Archer etc would have been shot and their families billed for the bullet.:angry:

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Portlock Seagull et al, NEVER ever forget Stanley. It was Stanley, Bellotti & Archer - and I for one will never forget the part that all 3 played. Stanley in my view being the most culpable.

Together we will win!

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I just want to see evidence of the work starting. A big hole in the ground and a stadium rising out of it. As for the opening date, it opens when it opens. No doubt this won't be the last delay. The archaeologists sent to the site will discover the lost city of Atlantis or the contractors will find the world's supply of great-crested newts or something, anything. That's how it is with Falmer. May as well get used to Withdean for the foreseeable :shrug:

Then we will have to go and stamp on the f***ing newts!

Drizzlecake

Oct 2, 2008
Hove
The Falmer site on Wednesday this week - ready for action....

33lcxag.jpg

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
two words

1. Bloody
and...
2. Marvellous

:falmer::falmerspi:yahoo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here