Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer delay......

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the people who played in REMF 1 could be invited. We had some decent players like Wayne Emmerson, Gary Nelson and Stumpy Tim.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also Paul Camillin played in REMF 1.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I AM going to criticise the club (a bit) and here's why.

A couple of weeks ago when the Argus ran their "50 per cent bigger story" we were told to relax because all this, due to new planning regulations, had been in the public domain months earlier.

Now we're told that the delay is down the these same new planning regulations which are supposed to have suddenly reared their head.

In other words the same bit of information is used in different ways - first to say, don't worry everything on track and then to say - there's a delay but it's not our fault.

I realise planning is insanely complex at times but we have a city council who want the ground as much as we do (almost). Surely we should have been able to work with them to hit the right planning deadlines.

To be blunt - I don't believe the excuses offered. Of course the club wants to keep everyone calm and I am. But I also think I'm sometimes treated in a fairly patronising manner by BHA as if I'm stupid (insert your gag here). I think there's more to this than planning hiccups and that we will have real problems funding Falmer - not suprisingly really given the size of the project.

I firmly believe the club is doing everything they can to deliver the ground. I think we have the right people in charge. I am behind the project 1 million per cent. But I think they're misleading their supporters in the interests of keeping things calm.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

thanks for reminding me you viscious bastard

There was a great player also at left back for the first 25 minutes in REMF 1, now what was his name, Gareth ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In fact is was Right Back.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

why the shock? I was always confident we would start on time and we would appoint a contractor. Confirming that only reinforces my confidence. I had hoped we wouldn't have a delay (although in votes on here i've said 2011) - now a delay has been announced then all in all I feel worse than I did before today.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
why the shock? I was always confident we would start on time and we would appoint a contractor. Confirming that only reinforces my confidence. I had hoped we wouldn't have a delay (although in votes on here i've said 2011) - now a delay has been announced then all in all I feel worse than I did before today.

I just cant remember the time when you have ever said anything about the albion as bad news.....not a critisism....just surprised taht all

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Having REMF would be fantastic, and could well bring in thousands. Roll on 2011!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Dear oh dear its more delay,
One more year of Withdean stay.
I'm sixty now and its my dread
That when it opens I'm brown bread.

But if I'm not three cheers for me!
It's cheaper as an OAP.
(These poetry threads should all be canned
As well as the respondants banned).

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
and pray tell us who were the usual apologists?

i seem to recall steward getting very shirty with anyone who posted that they didnt think the stadium would be open in 2010

i seem to recall steward getting very shirty with anyone who posted that they didnt think the stadium would be open in 2010
And I seem to remember completely failing to come on NSC to reassure folk that he was right.

Two things have been clear to me for some time.

1. The stadium will be built;
2. It will open for business in 2011.

Seeing as the clowns Perry and Knight couldn't even get Withdean open on time despite selling season tickets is anyone surprised there is a delay to Falmer ???
Actually, Ernest, NO.

The problem has been the same all along.

There are folk out there who are intent on making life difficult for the Albion. It's not Messrs Perry and Knight who have created the difficulties. It's people who don't care whether the Club survives.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Actually, Ernest, NO.

The problem has been the same all along.

There are folk out there who are intent on making life difficult for the Albion. It's not Messrs Perry and Knight who have created the difficulties. It's people who don't care whether the Club survives.

Have to disagree, they obviously set an unrealistic timescale for Withdean and have done the same again.
You cannot continue blaming outside influences, plenty of mistakes have been made within.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The Report that went to the City Council's Enterprise, Employment and Major Projects Cabinet Member Meeting on 16 September 2008 included this:-

Financial Implications

5.1 As part of the development process the council, as landlord, must be satisfied
that the Community Stadium Ltd has secured sufficient funding, bonds,
guarantees and grants for the completion and operation of the development.

In its capacity as landlord, the Council approved the Club's latest proposals. Whilst the details of the funding, bonds, guarantees and grants haven't been made public, we can assume that the Council have been sufficiently satisfied that things are fine. The Council have now released their land to the Albion - which, again, confirms that they are satisfied that the funding is secured.

You can relax, chimneys.

Thank you Lord B, I shall sleep well tonight!!

And many, many congratulations Dick/Martin for securing funding in this almost impossible financial market. Dont know how you got it by the banking risk assessors, with such a tight planning use and diddly squat alternative use vale, but hats off to you both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here