Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer, 17th December, who's been invited?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Complete Badger - with respect you are a pea-brained, moronic little wanker. Do yourself a favour and get a life you sad, sad fucker.

*Walks off for seven days*

Don't worry - I'm sure I'll be joining you !

So you're saying that the club should have just said "Opening ceremony to the start of building at Falmer - ALL fans welcome. Be there or be square".

You then get a completely unknown and unspecified number of people descending on a small muddy field (could be 200, could be 3,000) nearly all of them in their cars, as there's currently not many other ways of getting there. The B2123 is stuffed, there's tailbacks onto the A27 sliproads, access to and from the universities (on a normal working day) is f***ed. And all because "EVERYONE has the RIGHT to see the first sod of earth turned". Meanwhile, the backlash from the "told you so" brigade who never wanted the stadium there in the first place would truley be something to behold.

Come on Badge. Get real on this one.

TCB - You've also forgotten about the HSE closing the site down and prosecuting Buckingham Group (who are now responsible for the site) following breaches of H&S legislation etc, leading to even more delays. Now that would be a PR disaster - what a FLAIR idea.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not interested to be honest.I just want the thing built.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Won't somebody please listen to Westdene Seagull?

If you're not allowed people standing at matches any more, in limited numbers, with stewarding and policing, do you REALLY think you're going to be allowed to do it with no organisation and unknown numbers in a muddy field?

Fortunately, as a student of Brighton Uni, I'll be able to watch from one of the buildings nearby :love:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No mail for me so looks like I am not going to the ball, never mind

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The club has really brought all this nonsense down on their own heads.

Whoever thought there was such a thing as a start of building ceremony til it was broadcast by the club?

Then to make it a ballot was just crap.

Reckon there should be an alternate opening ceremony held - at exactly the same time on exactly the same day - by non-sanctioned fans on the perimeter of the exclusion zone for the official ceremony. It would be equally valid, maybe more so, and would allow absolutely everybody who wanted to, to attend. All welcome. No names, no pack-drill. Just turn up.

Probably much more fun also :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The club has really brought all this nonsense down on their own heads.

Whoever thought there was such a thing as a start of building ceremony til it was broadcast by the club?

Then to make it a ballot was just crap.

Reckon there should be an alternate opening ceremony held by non-sanctioned fans on the perimeter of the exclusion zone for the official ceremony. It would be equally valid, maybe more so, and would allow absolutely everybody who wanted to, to attend. All welcome. No names, no pack-drill.

Probably much more fun also :thumbsup:

What nonsense?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Er, me:bigwave:
I always assumed there would be one. There ALWAYS is for such big projects, a photo opportunity, the burying of a time capsule etc. Especially one we've all been waiting 14 years for.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What nonsense?

This thread for a start.

Also this back-biting bitching superfan v superfan nonsense. Guest-list or thrown the chance of scraps via a ballot nonsense.

Equivalent of Hospitality Fan v Fan Getting Drenched And Chilled To the Bone In The South Stand.

Don't really care apart from nobody should be excluded. There should have been a way of allowing everybody to share in the day who wanted to, even if it meant hiring the Brighton Centre or Hove Town Hall for the day or something. Anything that meant that everybody who wanted to attend or share in the occasion was welcome to.

Oh well :shrug:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This thread for a start.

Also this back-biting bitching superfan v superfan nonsense.

even if it meant hiring the Brighton Centre or Hove Town Hall for the day or something. Anything that meant that everybody who wanted to attend or share in the occasion was welcome to.

Oh well :shrug:

I think you'll find that it's only the numpties who think the whole world should be in the field are claiming to be superfans...

Unfortunately they're not building the stadium in Hove Town Hall, good idea though, why didn't they think of that?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think you'll find that it's only the numpties who think the whole world should be in the field are claiming to be superfans...

Unfortunately they're not building the stadium in Hove Town Hall, good idea though, why didn't they think of that?

Respect. Respect for your right to post random words that - even when read several times - make no sense :clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am afraid I find the whole thing somewhat emarrassing and cringeworthy. By all means the Falmer for all team, Dick Knight , Artin Perry, Paul Samrah should be there with the champagne but surely a better time would have been to unveil a stautue or whatever in 2011 when it is ACTUALLY built and ACTUALLY funded. I still remember the free champagne before the match in 2005 or whenever it was.

I did not apply and would not want to be there.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I fail to see the attraction of standing in the middle of a muddy field shivering my nuts off just to applaud somebody for digging a spade in the ground.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I fail to see the attraction of standing in the middle of a muddy field shivering my nuts off just to applaud somebody for digging a spade in the ground.

That is the correct answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here