Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer, 17th December, who's been invited?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've said it before, Robin, but turning ANYONE away on that day is scandalous after what the fans have done for this club. I would have ensured EVERYONE could come, even if it meant being there from 8am to 7pm (in the dark!!).

Come and seen what ? Dick and Martin digging a progressively bigger HOLE ?
(much like this season)

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I really think you live on a different planet sometimes !

There is actually quite a lot of activity already that means it is classed as a building site - not by the club but by the authorities. Whether it's a building site in your book is irrelevent as you clearly know f*** all about health and safety regulations.

So you boycotted the ballot - well good for you - the only person to have missed out is .... er ..... YOU ! I'm sure the club won't crying in their beer to know they won't have the pleasure of meeting you there.

Have you tried not being a negative wanker at all ? Try it - you might like it ! :salute:

:clap:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I'm with Tom on this one, why does there have to be a restriction on the number of people standing in a field?

Oh no, Health & Safety, someone might fall over :eek::eek::eek::eek:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think it is to do with access to the area as well. They can't have cars everywhere and huge transport issues on the first event at the site - it would prove that everything that LDC et al have said about the area being unsuitable for large events would be right.

It is important that this firsat event goes well without any transport issues, etc.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I think it is to do with access to the area as well. They can't have cars everywhere and huge transport issues on the first event at the site - it would prove that everything that LDC et al have said about the area being unsuitable for large events would be right.

It is important that this firsat event goes well without any transport issues, etc.

Ahh yes, good point actually, I didn't think of that.

:down:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm with Tom on this one, why does there have to be a restriction on the number of people standing in a field?

Oh no, Health & Safety, someone might fall over :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Heaven forbid - have they let you all out today ?

There has to be a restriction in numbers because of H&S - now let's take this slowly - H&S ..... laws ..... etc ..... are ..... not..... created ..... by ..... the ..... club ..... they ..... just ...... have ...... to ...... follow .....them.

IT'S THE LAW.

All clear now ? :thumbsup:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I was of the opinion it should be all the fans or no fans, not hugely fair on all the people who have done so much for the club over the years. Not that it matters that much to be honest, I'd rather wait until 2011 to see it.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Heaven forbid - have they let you all out today ?

There has to be a restriction in numbers because of H&S - now let's take this slowly - H&S ..... laws ..... etc ..... are ..... not..... created ..... by ..... the ..... club ..... they ..... just ...... have ...... to ...... follow .....them.

IT'S THE LAW.

All clear now ? :thumbsup:

Read above your post :thumbsup:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I was of the opinion it should be all the fans or no fans, not hugely fair on all the people who have done so much for the club over the years. Not that it matters that much to be honest, I'd rather wait until 2011 to see it.

I sort of agree with that but then sort of think that it would a shame if there was NO fans there representing the club.

But whatever. Like everything else that happens, no plans were every going to please everyone. On balance the club have done their best taking into account health and safety as well as traffic problems etc by having a ballot.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
living so far away didnt enter the ballot but im totally with the badger on this !

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I would like to have gone, but I didn't enter because of the disgraceful decision by the club to make this ballot only. If they can't be bothered to ensure all the fans who've waited for so long for this stadium can be there then frankly I don't want to be in their company. I can't wait to see who IS there, because I'm sure there will be some hangers on who've NOTHING to do with this stadium.

If it makes you feel any better the person I know who is going has been on all the Falmer marches etc.., did the march to the FA that day we played Fulham away and was at the front of queue chasing the old directors out the ground.

:lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
OMG It is only an official ceremony, there are far more important things going on in the world than turning up on a freezing cold afternoon in December to watch the "first" spade of earth being turned. I will watch it on TV that evening (after Gillingham and Charlton have had there turn). Some people really do need to get a life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here