Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer, 17th December, who's been invited?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cant go probably still be coming back from shrewsbury going by the time it took me to get back from Telford the last time i got a coach anywhere

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The REAL reward for all the fans who wrote letters, went on marches, punched the villagers etc etc etc will NOT be turning up at a muddy field next week (or whenever it is) to see a "ceremonial" shovel stuck in the dirt. It will be in August 2011 when those fans take their seats in the new stadium. Nothing else matters. It really doesn't.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The REAL reward for all the fans who wrote letters, went on marches, punched the villagers etc etc etc will NOT be turning up at a muddy field next week (or whenever it is) to see a "ceremonial" shovel stuck in the dirt. It will be in August 2011 when those fans take their seats in the new stadium. Nothing else matters. It really doesn't.

Agree but can you imagine the LOGISTICAL nightmare that it going to be allocating tickets for the first match. Albion fans seem to fall out over getting tickets for West Ham away in the FA Cup. Can you imagine what it is going to be like for a stadium which we will have waited 14 years for.

Doesn't bear thinking about.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agree but can you imagine the LOGISTICAL nightmare that it going to be allocating tickets for the first match. Albion fans seem to fall out over getting tickets for West Ham away in the FA Cup. Can you imagine what it is going to be like for a stadium which we will have waited 14 years for.

Doesn't bear thinking about.

Meh. I'll have my season ticket as usual, so won't be MY problem. Hopefully I'll have selected my seat on one of those "hard hat" days as well. Snorted.
If its a friendly - I'm sure 22,500 will be perfectly adequate to cater for the numbers.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Any one up for hiring a chopper from Shoreham airport and hovering over the ceremony? We could drop footballs as a sort of symbolism!

Or waterballoons;
Or watermelons;
Or anvils...

...the possibilities are endless.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Sorry, I got a bit excited about the prospect of dropping things from a helicopter.

Maybe a soft foam football would be the safest option for all involved.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Maybe we could descend, and from a safe height, lower the ceremonial spade on a rope to DK.

It's good to know you've got the hang of this health and safety malarkey. SAFE, SAFE and SAFE must be our watchwords :thumbsup:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Reading some of threads people are still not happy. What the :censored: hell do you want?

Could you imagine the uproar among Falmer residents if 6,000 people turned up. All we would need is a complaint. Could you imagine the field day the argus would have!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Health and safety regulaions blah blah blah. It's in the middle of the Downs for christ sake - you can't tell me there's nowhere to stand a crowd of people. If I was holding this in my back garden then I could fit in a couple of hundred people (more than will be at Falmer), so unless you're claiming the WHOLE of the site is now taken up with building works then it's a load of rubbish.

I boycotted the ballot because it will be shit with only a handful of hangers on and a few fans there. If they had done the right thing by the fans and let everyone turn up then I would have gone as there would have been a fantastic atmosphere.

So you're saying that the club should have just said "Opening ceremony to the start of building at Falmer - ALL fans welcome. Be there or be square".

You then get a completely unknown and unspecified number of people descending on a small muddy field (could be 200, could be 3,000) nearly all of them in their cars, as there's currently not many other ways of getting there. The B2123 is stuffed, there's tailbacks onto the A27 sliproads, access to and from the universities (on a normal working day) is f***ed. And all because "EVERYONE has the RIGHT to see the first sod of earth turned". Meanwhile, the backlash from the "told you so" brigade who never wanted the stadium there in the first place would truley be something to behold.

Come on Badge. Get real on this one.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Health and safety regulaions blah blah blah. It's in the middle of the Downs for christ sake - you can't tell me there's nowhere to stand a crowd of people. If I was holding this in my back garden then I could fit in a couple of hundred people (more than will be at Falmer), so unless you're claiming the WHOLE of the site is now taken up with building works then it's a load of rubbish.

I boycotted the ballot because it will be shit with only a handful of hangers on and a few fans there. If they had done the right thing by the fans and let everyone turn up then I would have gone as there would have been a fantastic atmosphere.

For fucks sake - are you really this stupid or just on a wind up ?

Regardless of what the club would have LIKED to do or what YOU wanted them to do they bound by H&S laws. Have you been there recently ? Both fields, either side of the access road, have digging going on so BOTH have now officially become building sites - so now the club have to abide by the LAW. Or are you really suggesting they just ignore the LAW ?

The whole site is covered by the restrictions not just the bits they've dug on already. And for your information - if you had 200 people in your garden you would still be bound by H&S laws whether you like it or not.

I really really hope you never become an employer or staff manager because I fear for their safety as quite clearly you'd ignore any H&S legislation ( that said at least you'd end up in prison then and we'd see less of your f*** wit postings on here ! ).

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Complete Badger - with respect you are a pea-brained, moronic little wanker. Do yourself a favour and get a life you sad, sad fucker.

*Walks off for seven days*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here