Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer, 17th December, who's been invited?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Can someone please explain what this is about because I seem to have missed this info? Are people going to watch Falmer being built?

Yes there was a ballot which you had to enter, its the Falmer ceremony on the 17th:thumbsup:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Can someone please explain what this is about because I seem to have missed this info? Are people going to watch Falmer being built?

there was a ballot we were asked to enter

The prize, to go with Perry and Knight to the site and do a ceremonial dig to officially see the start of the stadium being built

17th December is the day it will happen

Loads of people want to go, but the ballot is to keep it down to a safe number

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
What you mean by "if they hadn't already started on it"? I thought they were starting on it on 17/12 - isn't that the whole point of this? Ok, they've probably moved a bit of machinery etc in, but that hardly constitutes a "building site" in my book. 99% of that field is just that - a field. And if they can't let people walk on that, or stand on the road running alongside it, then they're just being damn akward. Shame, because not only is this a PR DISASTER by the club, having a couple of thousand turn up would have looked great on the news.

17th December is the official ceremony but they are on site already

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
, having a couple of thousand turn up would have looked great on the news.

How wickerd would that be. 2000 lining the way into the field, brass band at the front playing Sussex by the sea on loop, the diggers following suit, an open top bus with the squad following, fire works in the air, the fans throwing ticker tape in the air, and finished off with a Fatboy Slim gig on the University grounds :clap::clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You don't want to go anyway, Dick will probably give a speech!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Yes there was a ballot which you had to enter, its the Falmer ceremony on the 17th:thumbsup:

there was a ballot we were asked to enter

The prize, to go with Perry and Knight to the site and do a ceremonial dig to officially see the start of the stadium being built

17th December is the day it will happen

Loads of people want to go, but the ballot is to keep it down to a safe number

Thanks.

I didn't hear about it! Well they have to have a reasonable number they know will be there don't they? Can't have loads of people turning up.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
What you mean by "if they hadn't already started on it"? I thought they were starting on it on 17/12 - isn't that the whole point of this? Ok, they've probably moved a bit of machinery etc in, but that hardly constitutes a "building site" in my book. 99% of that field is just that - a field. And if they can't let people walk on that, or stand on the road running alongside it, then they're just being damn akward. Shame, because not only is this a PR DISASTER by the club, having a couple of thousand turn up would have looked great on the news.

Tom, I TOTALLY agree with your sentiments but having a "couple of thousand turn up" is against health and safety regulations and therefore out of the club's control. Would you have preferred that no fans were allowed to attend?

Given that numbers were going to be limited I think the club did the only fair thing in staging a ballot that allowed EVERYONE to enter. Afterall, what criteria would you have used to determine who should be allowed to attend?

STH's? Unfair on those who currently aren't due to financial or location problems but who might have been had the Goldstone, Priestfield, early Withdean years.

I don't really see any other criteria that could FAIRLY been used.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
i suppose I will know when I get home then if I get the mail

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Maybe the club could do a series of fan "open days" when the stadium is nearer to completion so that people can have a detailed look before it is finished. Maybe run them at the weekend to minimise disruption to the construction?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Maybe they could have a stone laying ceremony!
583929_98202704.jpg

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've said it before, Robin, but turning ANYONE away on that day is scandalous after what the fans have done for this club. I would have ensured EVERYONE could come, even if it meant being there from 8am to 7pm (in the dark!!).

I really think you live on a different planet sometimes !

There is actually quite a lot of activity already that means it is classed as a building site - not by the club but by the authorities. Whether it's a building site in your book is irrelevent as you clearly know f*** all about health and safety regulations.

So you boycotted the ballot - well good for you - the only person to have missed out is .... er ..... YOU ! I'm sure the club won't crying in their beer to know they won't have the pleasure of meeting you there.

Have you tried not being a negative wanker at all ? Try it - you might like it ! :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here