Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer, 17th December, who's been invited?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Reading some of threads people are still not happy. What the :censored: hell do you want?

Could you imagine the uproar among Falmer residents if 6,000 people turned up. All we would need is a complaint. Could you imagine the **field day** the argus would have!

Very clever :clap2:

Tulip

May 3, 2008
Brighton
God you lot MOAN about everything dont you.

The stadiums being built - get over it. Its what we have all waited for and what we all wanted.

You cant please all the people all of the time and by the looks of it, you cant please NSC any of the time.

Seriously - shut the f*** up and appricate that we finally have, what we have waited SO long for.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Calm down :D

.. I waiting for those thinking that a ballot has somehow infringed their human rights to find out that the stewards get in for nothing.

Seriously though...

.. I'm sure you will have your backs to the hole and be watching the crowd at all times ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not for the staff working and since i got made redundant any income is welcome.

... and of course I'm simply taking the p*ss out of those who think this has been organised unfairly and waiting for them to react to the fact people might be actually there and working.

Good luck in finding work and try not to worry about it over Christmas.

Regards

TCB - You've also forgotten about the HSE closing the site down and prosecuting Buckingham Group (who are now responsible for the site) following breaches of H&S legislation etc, leading to even more delays. Now that would be a PR disaster - what a FLAIR idea.
... and herein lies the point.

Access to the site is NOT controlled by the Football Club. It's the responsibility of the Buckingham Group to say how many people can enter and what they can do when they get there.

Most of what is planned for 17 December is happening at Withdean.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
... and of course I'm simply taking the p*ss out of those who think this has been organised unfairly and waiting for them to react to the fact people might be actually there and working.

Good luck in finding work and try not to worry about it over Christmas.

Regards

Thanks. Got a couple of good ones I have applied for and Christmas will be O.K. thanks to my redundancy money.

The whole ballot thing imo was the only fair way to do it.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
No email for me either, perhaps only those with West Ham ticket stubs got invited? If those trees are still along the side of the field I might climb up to get a better view. Uncle Dick's speeches are unmissable!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This thread for a start.

Also this back-biting bitching superfan v superfan nonsense. Guest-list or thrown the chance of scraps via a ballot nonsense.

Equivalent of Hospitality Fan v Fan Getting Drenched And Chilled To the Bone In The South Stand.

Don't really care apart from nobody should be excluded. There should have been a way of allowing everybody to share in the day who wanted to, even if it meant hiring the Brighton Centre or Hove Town Hall for the day or something. Anything that meant that everybody who wanted to attend or share in the occasion was welcome to.

Oh well :shrug:

Well, if you can find a way for no-one to be excluded, let us know, apart from the ill-thought out idea of going to Hove Town Hall. On the scale of irrelevant places to go for this sort of thing, that's way off into the stratosphere.

I was of the opinion it should be all the fans or no fans, not hugely fair on all the people who have done so much for the club over the years. Not that it matters that much to be honest, I'd rather wait until 2011 to see it.

I consider myself to be one of the many who have done their bit for the club over the years-however, I didn't enter the ballot because I live too far from Falmer for a mid-morning event. I'll wait until there's some structural steel in place...and no mud.

Why is there so much stupidity surrounding the club's decision on this?

Whoever thought there was such a thing as a start of building ceremony til it was broadcast by the club?
Er, me:bigwave:
I always assumed there would be one. There ALWAYS is for such big projects, a photo opportunity, the burying of a time capsule etc. Especially one we've all been waiting 14 years for.

I like the idea of burying a time-capsule. It'll have to be a big bastard one though to accommodate DeVagi, Cruella, Baker and Cuntrest.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This whole event has passed me by. I cant help but find the whole event hillarious but at the same time so typically Albion and so typical of our chairman, his sidekick, a naff PR opportunity and a chance for our super geek superfans to feel like they are in the gang.

Why anyone wants to stand in that field in the freezing cold before there is at least something resembling a stadium there is a mystery to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here