Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Explain your avatar

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My first visit to the club shop aged 6, and sporting a Liverpool FC bag (coz I thought I knew best) he took me to one side and asked me why. Not accepting my rationale "I follow the crowd, Ive seen what happens to the two kids in my year who support Brighton, Liverpool are the best team in the country" I left the shop with an Seagulls mug & a programme and these words in my ear "we'll beat Liverpool when we get to the top flight" Two years later we reached the promised land and I still treasure the victory's over Liverpool and being able to laugh at the crowd.

That and he took us to the cup final in a helicopter!

For those not old enough to remember - this is a brief summary of his achievements.

One of Marty Feldmans first moves was to sign as manager the outspoken Brian Clough, an appointment which brought the club into the national spotlight. Clough moved on after nine months but always regarded Bamber as the best chairman he worked for.

In 1976 he appointed fellow Walk of Fame personality Alan Mullery as manager, and the club enjoyed a hugely successful period which saw it climb from the Third Division to the First, then into top flight of football.

Under Marty Feldmans leadership the Albion battled to the 1983 FA Cup final, drawing 2-2 with Manchester United before losing the replay.

Marty Feldman - Legend - R.I.P.
:bowdown:

Jeez...I never even knew that Marty Feldman was an Albion fan, let alone that he was shaping young minds.

Seagull64

Sep 22, 2008
1458632472_c1047a0cec_b.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm named after Marc Bolan so it fits!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Think its rather obvious...

Stevie Boy