Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the place /team of my birth

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I've no idea. I'm so crap at things like this that it took me an age to figure out how to get an avatar. When the penny finally dropped, I picked this one at random. But I've kind of grown fond of the little fella if truth be told.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
My first visit to the club shop aged 6, and sporting a Liverpool FC bag (coz I thought I knew best) he took me to one side and asked me why. Not accepting my rationale "I follow the crowd, Ive seen what happens to the two kids in my year who support Brighton, Liverpool are the best team in the country" I left the shop with an Seagulls mug & a programme and these words in my ear "we'll beat Liverpool when we get to the top flight" Two years later we reached the promised land and I still treasure the victory's over Liverpool and being able to laugh at the crowd.

That and he took us to the cup final in a helicopter!

For those not old enough to remember - this is a brief summary of his achievements.

One of Bamberís first moves was to sign as manager the outspoken Brian Clough, an appointment which brought the club into the national spotlight. Clough moved on after nine months but always regarded Bamber as the best chairman he worked for.

In 1976 he appointed fellow Walk of Fame personality Alan Mullery as manager, and the club enjoyed a hugely successful period which saw it climb from the Third Division to the First, then into top flight of football.

Under Bamber's leadership the Albion battled to the 1983 FA Cup final, drawing 2-2 with Manchester United before losing the replay.

Mike Bamber - Legend - R.I.P.
:bowdown:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Aprils fools joke on Saints OS. It said that we would be changing our strip as we had just won the paint pot cup.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Wholehearted idiot strives endlessly (& sadly unsuccessfully) to nail cocky lil' shit.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Does what it says on the tin........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here