Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v hungary

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
FIFA rankings England 3 Hungary 40

Either they're wrong or we played like shite

Jan 30, 2008
Absolutely sick of this prick. The FA and Southgate make me feel embarrassed to be English. Disgraceful coach. Hope the media eat him alive. They won't, he's a yes man and wbecause he's a nice guy they all bum lick him. They never ask him tough questions. RESIGN!

The FA are a woke box ticking organisation and have been out of touch with grass root fans for years , Southgate certainly ticks their box

Regards
DF

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A naturally defensive coach who seems unable to find a formation that brings the best out of our riches in attacking midfield.

Having grasped the nettle with the starting 11, he then takes off the one player who's likely to make it all happen.

We quickly run out of ideas and Hungary take a point with 36% possession and 1 shot on target.

Whatever one's view, it's fair to say that it's not been his best evening as a manager.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Who can forget when Beckham smashed that free kick over against Greece in the last minute?

Who missed the pen against Argentina in the finals?

O hang on

One swallow doesn't make a summer or a man happy. Beckham failed at the finals, simple

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
A naturally defensive coach who seems unable to find a formation that brings the best out of our riches in attacking midfield.

Having grasped the nettle with the starting 11, he then takes off the one player who's likely to make it all happen.

We quickly run out of ideas and Hungary take a point with 36% possession and 1 shot on target.

Whatever one's view, it's fair to say that it's not been his best evening as a manager.

I feel conflicted. We've obviously done very well last two tournaments, and GS rightly takes a huge amount of credit for the way we've managed the tournaments... Bar the semi final 2018 and final 2021, both in which he failed to make changes a blind man could see were needed anywhere near early enough. I feel he's a bit like solskjaer at united: likeable character who can manage the dressing room well and pull some results out of the bag, but ultimately a poor tactician, especially in game. His defensiveness is so frustrating too considering the players we have at our disposal.

Has Sheebo been along yet to tell us all how wonderful everything is at international level and how special an evening it's been?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Yes, it's dreadful that we have failed to qualify. Again.

Oh. :shrug:

Oh, another sarcastic post from the most boring poster in NSC history. Uses grammar mistakes and irony as a way to raise his post count. Bore off, pal, you' re blocked. I suggest you do the same to my posts.

Southgate needs to answer questions tonight. Why does he continue to pick players out of form? He should be ridiculed in the media.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just seen the clip of crowd trouble again. The Met don’t cover themselves in glory retreating down the steps leaving a single presumably low paid steward in the middle of it.

After the pathetic policing of the Euro final the stadium couldn’t afford to get this one wrong.

Not good for any future bids to host.

The Met always have and always will be crap at policing football matches despite having a huge number of grounds in their jurisdiction.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

If a club manager yanked off the only star performer on the night, early on and not due to injury, when the team needed a goal, they’d face a bit of a backlash.

Same principle here.

GS was saved by a family atmosphere at Wembley and long sight lines (not the tightness of a club stadium).

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Other than Sterling, I don’t rate the others. We’re just not strong in strikers just now.

What do you think?

Completely agree.

Just checked Premier League top scorers this season so far. Of the 18 who have scored at least three goals, only 5 are English. Vardy (retired from international football), Andros Townsend, Demarai Gray, DCL & Mason Greenwood.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

He needs an attack minded coach to help

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I feel conflicted. We've obviously done very well last two tournaments, and GS rightly takes a huge amount of credit for the way we've managed the tournaments... Bar the semi final 2018 and final 2021, both in which he failed to make changes a blind man could see were needed anywhere near early enough. I feel he's a bit like solskjaer at united: likeable character who can manage the dressing room well and pull some results out of the bag, but ultimately a poor tactician, especially in game. His defensiveness is so frustrating too considering the players we have at our disposal.

Has Sheebo been along yet to tell us all how wonderful everything is at national level and how special an evening it's been?

GS was very clear, that was a poor performance, full stop. I’m sure [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] will concur.

Jan 30, 2008
Unsavoury scenes at Wembley
Phil McNulty
BBC Sport chief football writer at Wembley
Some fierce scuffling has broken out on the section of Hungarian fans at Wembley. It looks like police have gone in. It has now come to the attention of England fans, who are jeering the visiting supporters.

This is terrible'
John Murray
BBC 5 Live commentator
This is terrible really. The stewards seem to be being driven back and dozens of Hungary supporters appear to be forcing them back. They are outnumbered. It's quite difficult to keep an eye on the match when we are watching these worrying scenes.

LMFAO:lolol:
Regards
DF

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Completely agree.

Just checked Premier League top scorers this season so far. Of the 18 who have scored at least three goals, only 5 are English. Vardy (retired from international football), Andros Townsend, Demarai Gray, DCL & Mason Greenwood.

DCL’s the best of the all rans, but very one dimensional, Duncan Ferguson has turned a 6’2” striker into a great finisher with the head. Fair do’s, he was awful for seasons, but he’s entirely changed his game.

But he doesn’t have a fraction of the footballing ability of Kane and other true international strikers. Top international CB’s won’t be fussed by DCL, Watkins or Abraham.

By contrast, Venables was spoilt - Shearer, Sheringham, Fowler, Wright, Ferdinand.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Albanians next at Wembley after they rioted tonight in their game against Poland, causing a severe stoppage.

*rubs hands gleefully for the shit Met Police* :)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Oh, another sarcastic post from the most boring poster in NSC history. Uses grammar mistakes and irony as a way to raise his post count. Bore off, pal, you' re blocked. I suggest you do the same to my posts.

Southgate needs to answer questions tonight. Why does he continue to pick players out of form? He should be ridiculed in the media.

Blocked him ages ago, only saw you’d done same because you’d quoted. You are far from alone!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here