Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v hungary

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Just seen the clip of crowd trouble again. The Met don’t cover themselves in glory retreating down the steps leaving a single presumably low paid steward in the middle of it.

After the pathetic policing of the Euro final the stadium couldn’t afford to get this one wrong.

Not good for any future bids to host.

Our policing is a bit of a worry these days, but then with Cressida Dick running the show what can we expect. Like the politicians she must surely have a portfolio of shite on for her to still be in a job, she seems unsackable. And answers to no one. Modern policing eh? But then I’ve just watched The Wire again so my cynicism of public offices has been nicely topped up! Anyone yet to watch this show needs to take a fortnight off and binge the lot. What are you waiting for? Your life is running out and yes, it’s THAT good!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Our policing is a bit of a worry these days, but then with Cressida Dick running the show what can we expect. Like the politicians she must surely have a portfolio of shite on for her to still be in a job, she seems unsackable. And answers to no one. Modern policing eh? But then I’ve just watched The Wire again so my cynicism of public offices has been nicely topped up! Anyone yet to watch this show needs to take a fortnight off and binge the lot. What are you waiting for? Your life is running out and yes, it’s THAT good!
But The Wire is fiction.

Sigh.....

Sent from my SM-T505 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The police can’t win:

A) Send in properly protected police with hard tactics to arrest the racist and batten his punching mates = Cressida out, police brutality.

B) Send in baseball cap wearing coppers, who then get punched by filth of the earth fascists = Cressida out, weak policing.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The police can’t win:

A) Send in properly protected police with hard tactics to arrest the racist and batten his punching mates = Cressida out, police brutality.

B) Send in baseball cap wearing coppers, who then get punched by filth of the earth fascists = Cressida out, weak policing.

Hopefully they’ve got cctv film of the culprits and the police picked them off at HT or on their way out.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

You started off spectacularly there but rather digressed. But you're right, how the f*** is she still top of Sweaty yard? A disgrace. :shit:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The police can’t win:

Not sure I agree Westy, especially post Wembleygate. Plus a general observation that we like to Police from cars, with cameras in this country ie at a distance, post event, pick ‘em up after (we never do) which doesn’t help if you get stabbed or beaten up in the moment. This hands off approach often gets branded as intelligence led policing, a more sophisticated efficient use of resources blah blah blah. But if that were true, they’d known what to expect tonight from some Hungary fans. The clues lying in the fixture a couple months ago. But I was also making a general comment on her in wake of Morgan, Sarah E etc scandals. How she’s still in charge beggars belief. Incompetence and it stems from the top. Some very good police, including several close friends, but they’re only as good as their leadership and that could be a lot better. IMHO obviously.

PS was answer A) the correct one? ;)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
You started off spectacularly there but rather digressed. But you're right, how the f*** is she still top of Sweaty yard? A disgrace. :shit:

I never miss the chance to digress. Btw, it is a brilliant piece of television. Arguably the finest ever made. Which is a big call. But plenty more distinguished than I have made it. I just happen to agree.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure I agree Westy, especially post Wembleygate. Plus a general observation that we like to Police from cars, with cameras in this country ie at a distance, post event, pick ‘em up after (we never do) which doesn’t help if you get stabbed or beaten up in the moment. This hands off approach often gets branded as intelligence led policing, a more sophisticated efficient use of resources blah blah blah. But if that were true, they’d known what to expect tonight from some Hungary fans. The clues lying in the fixture a couple months ago. But I was also making a general comment on her in wake of Morgan, Sarah E etc scandals. How she’s still in charge beggars belief. Incompetence and it stems from the top. Some very good police, including several close friends, but they’re only as good as their leadership and that could be a lot better. IMHO obviously.

PS was answer A) the correct one? ;)

The police had double the numbers tonight. Without that, the racist would’ve got away with it.

Going against the tide here, I’m pleased with that result.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I never miss the chance to digress. Btw, it is a brilliant piece of television. Arguably the finest ever made. Which is a big call. But plenty more distinguished than I have made it. I just happen to agree.

The box set of Life On Mars trumps that. :thumbsup:

I do agree on that pathetic leader of policing though. Hope tonight will finally push her over the edge if the footage gets leaked.........

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The police had double the numbers tonight. Without that, the racist would’ve got away with it.

Going against the tide here, I’m pleased with that result.

That’s good news then, appears learning although I’d have put the old tin helmets on so still more to lessons out there I guess.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What actually caused the Hungarian fans to start fighting?

Going by all media reports, a Hungarian racially abused a presumably non-white steward and the police moved in to arrest the racist. The blackshirts then started punching the police.

I noticed in the photos, one or two Polish scarves.

Fascists of the world unite?

Jul 25, 2021
Going by all media reports, a Hungarian racially abused a presumably non-white steward and the police moved in to arrest the racist. The blackshirts then started punching the police.

I noticed in the photos, one or two Polish scarves.

Fascists of the world unite?

and to think all this could be solved if Southgate would just bloody pick Dunk!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The FA are a woke box ticking organisation and have been out of touch with grass root fans for years , Southgate certainly ticks their box

Regards
DF

How have they been out of touch with grass roots fans ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ll raise your hatemeter

I don’t rate Southgate, our most successful manager for decades :shrug:

One trick pony who plays his favourites and only has plan A

1-1 draw at home against a team below us, sure. But 65% possession, twice their number of shots, an unlucky penalty and a misfiring number 9?

Surely you mean “great performance from which we’ll learn and take the positives”?

:moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here