Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v hungary

Jan 30, 2008
You started off spectacularly there but rather digressed. But you're right, how the f*** is she still top of Sweaty yard? A disgrace. :shit:
She's Woke , Rainbow painted police cars , taking the knee, asking insulate Britain extremist if there's anything they can do to help just let them know , just a few examples

Regards
DF

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1-1 draw at home against a team below us, sure. But 65% possession, twice their number of shots, an unlucky penalty and a misfiring number 9?

Surely you mean “great performance from which we’ll learn and take the positives”?

:moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me there are no positives when you have a manager who has an array of talent to choose from and yet is totally clueless in changing things on the pitch during a game.

Good for you or anyone else who thinks Southgate is doing a good job. I vaguely recall feeling the same about a club manager and took the brickbats on here when it wasn’t going well :smile:

Now if there only was a Southgate In or Out poll…..

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I’ve come to the conclusion, and it has been a while coming, but I don’t really like a lot of the people who post on here.

There are some very nasty, snidely, aggressive people hiding behind their keyboards, making disgraceful statements (i.e. bum licking), who really should get a mirror and take a long hard look at themselves and decide if they like the person they have become!

I know, I’m woke or a snowflake, blah, blah, blah...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
In the end a good point and another step closer to Qatar. You can't always play well and this was by no means a vintage England performance but the character the team showed after going behind was excellent, half time came on the wrong moment as we were absolutely rampant. 2nd half was something of an anti-climax we became too hurried and tried to force the game a bit too much but it's all a learning curve for these brave young lions. Four points against Albania and San Marino should put us on the plane, and is well within our reach.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I’ve come to the conclusion, and it has been a while coming, but I don’t really like a lot of the people who post on here.

There are some very nasty, snidely, aggressive people hiding behind their keyboards, making disgraceful statements (i.e. bum licking), who really should get a mirror and take a long hard look at themselves and decide if they like the person they have become!

I know, I’m woke or a snowflake, blah, blah, blah...

Stop it, stop it, stop it or they'll flame you for being too intelligent and insightful.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
How have they been out of touch with grass roots fans ?

They are out of touch with the element of grass roots fans that is yobbish and obnoxious. The types who used to make going to football a pretty uncomfortable experience at times.The rest of us quite like the increased participation of women and girls in playing and attending football. We don’t feel threatened by the taking of the knee and most of all we enjoy a safe day out at the football where we can focus on the game and catching up with friends and family rather than looking over our shoulders like the old days :thumbsup:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am not particularly keen on Southgate, but I must have had this dream that we did particularly well in the last finals of a major competition and a lot of people, including me, ate a lot of humble pie.
It is qualifying that matters and how you perform in the finals and it looks like we are going to qualify again with a squad that now has the experience of playing and what it takes to do well in the finals.
Poor performance last night from Southgate and the players but I don't blame people on here for having a right old moan because we support a team that week in week out are outplaying,dominating and beating teams with a manager that never ever makes a mistake.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I am not particularly keen on Southgate, but I must have had this dream that we did particularly well in the last finals of a major competition and a lot of people, including me, ate a lot of humble pie.
It is qualifying that matters and how you perform in the finals and it looks like we are going to qualify again with a squad that now has the experience of playing and what it takes to do well in the finals.
Poor performance last night from Southgate and the players but I don't blame people on here for having a right old moan because we support a team that week in week out are outplaying,dominating and beating teams with a manager that never ever makes a mistake.

Ah, but the difference is our manager has never had anything to do with Crystal Palace or worn a waistcoat while managing. Yes he has grown a beard, like Southgate, but he’s grown a proper beard, not one to hide the fact he’s chinless, like Southgate, etc., etc.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ah, but the difference is our manager has never had anything to do with Crystal Palace or worn a waistcoat while managing. Yes he has grown a beard, like Southgate, but he’s grown a proper beard, not one to hide the fact he’s chinless, like Southgate, etc., etc.

How Potter is still in charge after the Everton game is beyond me. It's like TB doesn't listen to the grass roots fans :wink:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Saw the game, the last few pages of this thread are the first i've read about it.

I'm a little surprised by the negativity. I thought Hungary were excellent last night.

From our point of view. To me it backed up why Southgate generally believes in a double pivot. I think he'll revert to that

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh, another sarcastic post from the most boring poster in NSC history. Uses grammar mistakes and irony as a way to raise his post count. Bore off, pal, you' re blocked. I suggest you do the same to my posts.

Southgate needs to answer questions tonight. Why does he continue to pick players out of form? He should be ridiculed in the media.

I see this post got a thumbs up from Das Reich. Perhaps he can answer these pathetic childish questions. :shrug:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

The issue is the same mistakes against Croatia showed up against Italy

He sat on his hands and the other manager tweaked it and took control of the game, England were very good for the first 30 minutes in both those games and then dropped deeper and deeper.

Will he learn from those two games?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I rest my case :facepalm:
Regards
DF

Football is out of touch with you. No more billy big bollox 'hard' stuff. Which was probably not that where you were concerned anyway.

One day you'll have to face the fact that the majority of people have moved on with better things to live for, and your audience is narrow.

Just a trip to Old Trafford to see your team play will be evidence enough.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
This qualifying group with Hungary, Poland and Albania was never going to be one for the faint hearted. Surely we all knew that? Even a prawn sandwich supporter? Not that I condone the violence but if you look at the footage, you can see the police egging on the Hungarians with goading and their "come on then!" gestures with some of them taking a good hiding. Those are the facts.

As for the match, it was incredibly frustrating seeing a four-fold let down by England (Denmark, Scotland, Sweden the other teams winning) with a manager that never changes tactics or formation during a game. This will be his ultimate downfall when we lose to someone like the French or Brazil probably in the quarter-finals out in Qatar. If he took a big gamble here and there we might actually become world champions again with the incredible talent we have at the moment. Fat chance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hungary fans were banned from travelling as their vaccines are not recognised by us - so chances are most of the fans were UK based...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t watch all our games and I admit to not being much of a Southgate fan, but he has got us a long way in the last two tournaments, which can’t be knocked.

However I have a question for those that rate him. When was the last time he changed things around or brought on a sub that proved to be inspired, i.e helped us avoid defeat or pull an unlikely win out of the bag in a meaningful match? I can only think of occasions where he has basically done **** all or made the wrong decision on subs or gone all negative and we have either lost or drawn because of it or were already winning :shrug:

And yes I do expect to beat minnows like Andorra and similar. I don’t consider Hungary or Poland as minnows though so no we don’t have a divine right to beat them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here