Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It’s got better since Kane got hooked

Screenshot_20211012-213709_Samsung Internet.jpg :lolol:

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
One all draw with Poland, one all draw with Hungary. I think we have to admit that England are not all that.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Who can forget when Beckham smashed that free kick over against Greece in the last minute?

Who missed the pen against Argentina in the finals?

O hang on

Don't go spoiling their fun. The queue to knock England has always been a long one, and this time they've had a long wait.

Let them enjoy tonight at least.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
NSC will hate me, I await the missiles:

I don’t rate Watkins or Abraham as internationals whatsoever. Wooden, offer nothing special at international level.
I’ll raise your hatemeter

I don’t rate Southgate, our most successful manager for decades :shrug:

One trick pony who plays his favourites and only has plan A

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The English FA could save themselves £8m a year by sacking SothClueless and giving the job to GP to do in his day off. Tyrone Mings? FFS , he hasn't a constructive pass in him!

Pretty poor fare against a well organised team....same old same old....

TNBA

TTF

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It could have been worse after Saka gave the ball away on the edge of the area and their bloke shot wide.

Kane was off his game and no one stood up in his place. Why Southgate took off the man most likely to create a winner is anyone's guess, and what the thinking was behind Henderson I just don't know.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You know the FA wouldn’t look at Potter.

Southgate was a serial winner before joining the FA set up.

Yep he picked the number out of a tombola, you've seen the pad he lives in? Criminal how someone who since retiring from playing has won the square root of **** all could get this gig

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
England have been poor, but Hungary deserve the focus. They've closed England off really well.

Not an easy night. But few teams go through without one or two of those.

Nah, that was terrible. It's probably an eye opener for England fans, horrible to watch, no organisation. Henderson from the start or not at all, what's the point in bringing him on at that stage,?!?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So, an attacking line up and hardly a decent effort on goal all match. Offside or not, some of the attempts by Kane, Abraham and Watkins were weak.

Most balls into the box from our wide players were blocked, and the long balls forward from our back line usually ran thru to the keeper or out for a goal kick.

Subs made no difference.

MOTM - Pickford (no errors) or Grealish (not as bad as the rest)

How can Hungary improve so much in a few weeks? Or how can we deteriorate so quickly?

Total lack of motivation out there tonight

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is embarrassing. Players can't be bothered because they know the yes man will still pick them because he picks players based on their supposed reputation. Not what any half decent coach would do and select on form. Should walk after this regardless of the result.

This is why Southgate is useless. Came in saying he would pick players on form not reputation.

I never pick on reputation -- form has to come into it. You have to look at the opposition and the type of game you’re expecting and select the players best suited to that.

Yet Grealish has been in the form of his life for the last couple of years and has really only played a cameo role for Southgate yet Sterling who continues to try and dribble through brick walls continues to get selected. And the fact that Mings is even in the squad says it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here