Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'England gifted lifeline by Israel' - Any idea how SHAMEFUL that sounds?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Where did i say i hated England?? I said you wouldnt win the tournament.Get yer fuckin facts right!

I'm tired, I don't care, its just any england vs scotland nonsense bores me and strikes me as rather pathetic. If Scotland had qualified and we hadn't (not that we have) id cheer em all the way.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'm tired, I don't care, its just any england vs scotland nonsense bores me and strikes me as rather pathetic. If Scotland had qualified and we hadn't (not that we have) id cheer em all the way.

I wouldn't. This thread highlights why I was quite chuffed when the news of an injury time winner for the Italians.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If we go through this was the best way to do it.

Mcclown will be sacked and we are in finals.

O and Scotland bottle job it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's fashionable to retaliate against the Scots because they reckon to hate us.
Load of nonsense and it's only a recent trait.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

To be honest I dont really mind the Scots, and if they got there it would have been one less team to worry about if we go through.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Did you do history at school? :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Did you do history at school? :D

I did. Most Scots I know have been very friendly.
The rivalry was good when we had the Home championships but there wasn't any of this nonsense that's around now. The media have reported that a small number of them have worn Argentinian shirts etc and so we've now jumped on the bandwagon.

Pathetic. No other word for it. Scotland go out nobly, in time-honoured plucky-underdog fashion, due to being drawn against both France and Italy (y'know, teams that are as good as it gets) while you lot are pitifully reliant on that well-known European country Israel getting a result against that well-known former Soviet Republic. Utterly pitiful. You're not a big country anymore :lol:
:O

:laugh::laugh::laugh: :bigwave:

Just as well I didn't stay to cheer on Italy, eh?

After 50 years of cheering on the Union's 'plucky underdogs' (except when we played them), I have discovered how much more fun it really is to be more like the majority of Scots and cheer ANYONE who plays against our neighbours.

We didn't even play in the qualifiers yesterday, but it seemed like 2 wins, and causes to celebrate for The Enger-land :clap2:

Ive been waitin for that all night!! Heh heh!!! Win the tournament!!! You couldn't make it up!!!

Before you say anything i know we didn't qualify but we've had a fabulous campaign!

Is that one of Burns'?

It's a phrase your lot say more than "for the sake of auld lang syne"

I wonder what it feels like ......but we do almost always seem to qualify (and have won one World Cup, lest that be forgot)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Its the scottish all over isnt it? Allways finding a way to have a pop at England. Accept it. You wont be going to the Euros next summer. (I accept that we still might not).

How on earth were you able to post on NSC when you got in last night Pat? :)

Aside from the Scottish/English thing, I think you people are forgetting how these qualifying campaigns work! They run over 2 years and 12-14 odd games, and the team that OVER THE WHOLE period gets the most points goes through. Israel away is a difficult fixture where many a team over the year has dropped points. You drew, Russia lost. Hence, you are in a better position than them now with the last round approaching.

If Russia had played this game earlier in the campaign, then you would have had the upper hand going into the crunch period, and would not have been on this pointless whinging. YOU ARE ABOVE RUSSIA COS YOU HAVE GOT MORE POINTS THAN THEM OVER THE QUALIFYING GROUP.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Well,the"gifted" bit is an insult to Israel to be sure,but it isn't Englands fault that Israel are now Europeans.

I really wanted the Scots to qualify,and it wasn't Englands fault that they reverted to type and shot themselves in the foot by kicking off ten minutes after Italy.

No,England isn't as big a nation as it once was in footballing terms,any more than Britain is Great in political terms.

So,sorry for your upset,but for heavens sake get a grip.

Stiff upper lip,eh wot!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm laughing heartily that England are reliant on Israel beating Russia to even stand a chance of qualifying. Not a big team anymore.

That's how I'm reading it :D

I totall second your thoughts THPP. I personally would have preferred it if Russia has won and England not qualified. Anything else means England will just muddle on, papering over the cracks as they always do and going out to the first decent team they meet in the finals. We need a thorough overhaul of English football and the only way something will happen is when we fail to qualify for a tournament.

How on earth were you able to post on NSC when you got in last night Pat? :)

Aside from the Scottish/English thing, I think you people are forgetting how these qualifying campaigns work! They run over 2 years and 12-14 odd games, and the team that OVER THE WHOLE period gets the most points goes through. Israel away is a difficult fixture where many a team over the year has dropped points. You drew, Russia lost. Hence, you are in a better position than them now with the last round approaching.

If Russia had played this game earlier in the campaign, then you would have had the upper hand going into the crunch period, and would not have been on this pointless whinging. YOU ARE ABOVE RUSSIA COS YOU HAVE GOT MORE POINTS THAN THEM OVER THE QUALIFYING GROUP.

Precisely.
And Israel have apparently lost ONE home match in the last 8 years, so they were never going to be a pushover.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
.....it says a lot about how low England have sunk when we are worrying ourselves about Russia and Isreal. I do not agree with the cliche that there a no easy games at international level. Struggling teams always use that line....decent teams simply deal with the opponents put in front of them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh well. Saves being the same old joke of a country that goes out in the quarter finals :bigwave:

Thats a bloody good point. Maybe we should throw the Croatia game on wednesday so that we can sit and relax with all the other non-qualifiers next summer.

Line up in a stadium packed to the rafters with passionate English supporters with Germany in a quarter final in Austria or stay at home and watch the tele eating deep fried Mars bars.

He`s winning this arguement hands down.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Its all abit win win tho isn't it.

Scotland move up a seed for qualifying next time so should have an easier chance of getting through to a tournement.

England 'should make it' and overall id rather them be in the finals than not at all.

Englands managerment will be questioned and hopefully put right.

And maybe the lack of English talent in the premiership will be addressed.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I would wager that the Scots are crying into their porridge this morning.

I was relieved at that winning goal, as I had had a large bet on the Italians winning....so every cloud eh???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Scotland fall at final hurdle, have you any idea how NORMAL that sounds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here