Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'England gifted lifeline by Israel' - Any idea how SHAMEFUL that sounds?

When Italy scored the winner I laughed so hard i thought I'd broken my ribs. Come on Sweaties admit it, you're absolutely devastated that you won't be in Euro 2008 but what has completely destroyed you is the knowledge that England might qualify instead. It eats away at you like maggots feasting on a discarded haggis. England may be shitter than we've been for a long time but we are safe in the knowledge that we will never be as shit as scotland. Scotland for all the passion and desire and hunger are just simple losers. Still at least you have Andy Murray, the ugly mop haired twat!!

Maggots on a haggis? Luxury!
(It would probably improve it)

We still might not qualify, but we are spared the jeers of the bad sports - and will hear them complain about OUR gloating instead.

"They don't like it up 'em, Captain Mainwaring"

ack

Apr 20, 2006
Scot had a bloody hard group and came so close,but for 1 slip up,with a squad of journeymen.
Engerland with a squad of suposed stars seem to be able to slip up at will.
I hope I'm wrong but Weds playing for a draw will leave us out of it,1 bit of class turns games,something we seem to lack with all our stars.
Should things go wrong Weds,lose the manager and start blooding the youngsters now for W/Cup,they the future nat bringing back guys from 5 yrs ago.

Scot had a bloody hard group and came so close,but for 1 slip up,with a squad of journeymen.
Engerland with a squad of suposed stars seem to be able to slip up at will.
I hope I'm wrong but Weds playing for a draw will leave us out of it,1 bit of class turns games,something we seem to lack with all our stars.
Should things go wrong Weds,lose the manager and start blooding the youngsters now for W/Cup,they the future nat bringing back guys from 5 yrs ago.

That would be a better alternative - and I imagine you are talking about "guys from 5years ago" being the likes of the Nevilles, and Heskey. Owen should probably still get a look in, when FULLY fit.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
If anyone is qualified to spot an arrogant attitude it has to be Tedebear...after all she is Australian :lol:

I was thinking that when I posted it - he sounded more arrogant than some of my daft stupid countrymen who would feel patriotic about a finger wrestle between tramps as long as one were Australian! :lol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was thinking that when I posted it - he sounded more arrogant than some of my daft stupid countrymen who would feel patriotic about a finger wrestle between tramps as long as one were Australian! :lol:

But not as arrogant as your cricketers or politicians or rugby players or rugby officials or swimmers or media magnates or the bar staff at a fair few Walkabout bars or journalists, eh?

Swap Scotland for England and the English for Australians, mention any sport involving the two and Collar Feeler's comments would be excused by the aussies as "mere banter".

As that great Englishman Clive Dunn said "they don't like it up 'em".

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
But not as arrogant as your cricketers or politicians or rugby players or rugby officials or swimmers or media magnates or the bar staff at a fair few Walkabout bars or journalists, eh?

Swap Scotland for England and the English for Australians, mention any sport involving the two and Collar Feeler's comments would be excused by the aussies as "mere banter".

As that great Englishman Clive Dunn said "they don't like it up 'em".

Who, what? I was actually agreeing with you but you seem to have to just take it that little step too far even if we are generalising.....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Who, what? I was actually agreeing with you but you seem to have to just take it that little step too far even if we are generalising.....

You were agreeing? By saying that he sounded more arrogant than Australians?

Funny way of agreeing, isn't it?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If England beat Croatia they will have won the group and be the only side to have beaten every team in that group.

8 wins and 2 draws out of 12 matches will be a reasonable outcome, given that Croatia have never lost at home in a qualifier, Israel and Russia are both very hard to beat in their own back yard.

We haven't qualified yet, and if we don't it is our away form that will have let us down.

Scotland did better than they could have expected. Crucially, they'll be in the second pool of team when the World Cup qualifiers are drawn, so their improvement but failure to qualify may not be completely in vain.

Given the fact they have no competitive match for 10 months and McCleish's stock is high he'll probably be off to a Birmingham or a Middlesbrough sometime soon, but if they bring in someone like Dalglish he could keep the ship on the right course.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Are there any conspiracy theories yet? It will be worth millions to Sky to have England in the tournament at the expense of Russia or Croatia....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And Scotland, except they didn't qualify...

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Are there any conspiracy theories yet? It will be worth millions to Sky to have England in the tournament at the expense of Russia or Croatia....

SKY won't show the tournament though it will be on BBc and ITV

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Deary me - what a horrible, arrogant attitude.

As far as I'm concerned the Socttish deserve to be there and the English don't. Simple really.
And here was me thinking that the team who gets the most or second most in their group deserve to be there.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
And here was me thinking that the team who gets the most or second most in their group deserve to be there.

Of course I was talking in terms of effort and drive though - the Scots have a bit more passion at the moment and if England are "gifted a lifeline" it seems a tad unfair...

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Don't hold back there CF, get off the fence!

I hope you apply the same levels of tolerance when dealing with the numerous "Gentlemen of the road" dotted around Brighton who hail from (or is it Fraeme or Fae?) Caledonia!

Tolerance with street drinkers?!? I don't have any I'm afraid, the vast majority have no local connection to Brighton and bitch and moan and whine about how shit Brighton is and that Scotland/Ireland/Liverpool/Manchester/wherever is so much better, I just tell them to f*** off back to whence they came and leave the taxpayers of our city in peace. I suspect that Brighton is the best place they have ever experienced.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Of course I was talking in terms of effort and drive though - the Scots have a bit more passion at the moment and if England are "gifted a lifeline" it seems a tad unfair...

I wish England were as good as the Aussies. Can I be your friend as you are from Aus?

:)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

to be fair Justine, we have hardly been "gifted a lifeline". we have only lost 2 games in this qualifying tournement, Croatia and Russia away...that is it. If we win against Croatia we will finish top of the group.

You are assuming Isreal would have rolled over against Russia...they didnt and beat them....we drew in israel! we duffed the russians 3-0 at home and just lost 2-1 in Russia.

yes ok, we drew with macedonia ( who beat Croatia 2-0) but looking back on it, we were going through a bad patch then....

I dont hold with all this ...we are lucky and the Scots not...if the Scots had beaten Italy they would have qualified...they didnt ...end of story

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here