Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'England gifted lifeline by Israel' - Any idea how SHAMEFUL that sounds?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe hurtin but certainly not bitter. Still proud of our boys, can you say the same??

Scotland did incredibly well throughout the qualifying campaign and were very unlucky tonight.

England may finish top of their group. All you can do is beat what is put in front of you. Eh?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The thing is, its surely partly down to when the fixtures are played. Russia were always going to have a tough game in Israel. If they'd played this tie months ago it wouldn't be called a 'lifeline'. Everyone has to play everyone - Russia haven't been good enough so far - thats not a lifeline - thats England getting better results than Russia.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Scotland did incredibly well throughout the qualifying campaign and were very unlucky tonight.

England may finish top of their group. All you can do is beat what is put in front of you. Eh?

Just seen the free kick awarded to the Italians that led to the winner - f***ing disgusted by it. The Scots thoroughly deserved to go through.

I recall the Italians just scraping through to the knockout round of the last world cup after winning the most ridiculous penalty ever against Australia. They just seem to be one of those teams that always get the rub of the green.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe hurtin but certainly not bitter. Still proud of our boys, can you say the same??

Bitter isn't the word.

I actually wanted Scotland to win tonight, then I read this thread and it reminds me all the reasons why I shouldn't.

What a miserable, twisted piece of work you are. I think you should probably have taken the night off the internet.

I am absolutely delighted with our lifeline, thanks very much. I'm not arrogant enough to think it's all over, and can certainly see us losing on Wednesday.

But I am desperate to see England there, and if we have to owe Andorra, then that's fine by me.

Doesn't make McClown a good manager, I hope he gets sacked even if we get there (which obviously he won't).

Am I proud? Not particularly. But do I now find it very, very funny that Scotland aren't there? Yes I do. Congratulations on your evening's ambassadorial work.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Its the scottish all over isnt it? Allways finding a way to have a pop at England. Accept it. You wont be going to the Euros next summer. (I accept that we still might not).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you're a Scot, and...

1. England scrape through qualification, then: England are shit, under-performing wankers.

2. England go out in the group stages of the finals, then: England are shit, under-performing wankers.

3. England lose in the quarter-finals, then: England are shit, under-performing wankers.

4. England lose in the semi-finals, then: England are shit, under-performing wankers.

5. England get dicked 4-0 in the final, then: England are shit, under-performing wankers.

6. England lose on penalties in the final, then: England are shit, under-performing wankers.

7. England 5-4 in the final, having been 4-0 down and down to 9 men, then: England are shit, under-performing wankers.

It's an easy game to play, yet a little tiresome one would have thought.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
What a load of nonsense. We're all Albion fans. If you hate England so much why support Brighton. Why not set off a load of bombs and get rid of us! And if some of you hate Scotland go up there and shoot em all. Goons. What a joke

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Zed, I don't think anyone on here suggested that England WOULD win Euro 08, merely that it was statistically still a possibility. Unlike Scotland, which we can safely say is a mathematical impossibility.

If...and it's still a fairly large IF...we get through on Wednesday, there will still be plenty of people around who believe McLaren (hmmm, a Scottish name) should not be in charge. I doubt you'll find many English who'd be confident we'd have a snowflake's chance in hell of actually winning the tournament. That would be a laughable prospect given the current state of the side.

Considering the players England have, they are renowned for massively underperforming, and seem incapable of reaching their Premier League standards as a team, as opposed to the odd moment of individual brilliance. Despite our current incompetence, you know and we know that the only current Scottish international who might get into the England first choice XI is Gordon in goal, largely based on Robinson's recent ineptitude. What Scotland do have is a decent spirit and togetherness, that England's bunch of overpaid tarts can only dream of.

Zed Seagull

Bitter isn't the word.

I actually wanted Scotland to win tonight, then I read this thread and it reminds me all the reasons why I shouldn't.

What a miserable, twisted piece of work you are. I think you should probably have taken the night off the internet.

I am absolutely delighted with our lifeline, thanks very much. I'm not arrogant enough to think it's all over, and can certainly see us losing on Wednesday.

But I am desperate to see England there, and if we have to owe Andorra, then that's fine by me.

Doesn't make McClown a good manager, I hope he gets sacked even if we get there (which obviously he won't).

Am I proud? Not particularly. But do I now find it very, very funny that Scotland aren't there? Yes I do. Congratulations on your evening's ambassadorial work.

And your calling me twisted??? Just cause i said you wouldn't win it?? Im glad your delighted England got through though. Would be pretty pathetic if you didn't.

Zed Seagull

Zed, I don't think anyone on here suggested that England WOULD win Euro 08, merely that it was statistically still a possibility. Unlike Scotland, which we can safely say is a mathematical impossibility.

If...and it's still a fairly large IF...we get through on Wednesday, there will still be plenty of people around who believe McLaren (hmmm, a Scottish name) should not be in charge. I doubt you'll find many English who'd be confident we'd have a snowflake's chance in hell of actually winning the tournament. That would be a laughable prospect given the current state of the side.

Considering the players England have, they are renowned for massively underperforming, and seem incapable of reaching their Premier League standards as a team, as opposed to the odd moment of individual brilliance. Despite our current incompetence, you know and we know that the only current Scottish international who might get into the England first choice XI is Gordon in goal, largely based on Robinson's recent ineptitude. What Scotland do have is a decent spirit and togetherness, that England's bunch of overpaid tarts can only dream of.

Edna, don't worry you''ll go through. just like windin up you r compatriates!!!they're certainly bitin tonight!!:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here