Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EDL in Sheffield

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I really don't think that's true. Elements of the UAF are just as up for a ruck as elements of the EDL. If there were no EDL then those elements (on both sides) would still find something to cause trouble about. My guess would be animal rights for the UAF lot and benefit cuts for the EDL lot.

The fact that you seem to tar anyone who disagrees with you as a fascist is quite telling really, there's a certain facism in that. My old flatmate is UAF, lovely girl, wouldn't hurt a fly. Bit of a do-gooder but she means well. She doesn't want to cause trouble with anyone, but feels she is doing the right thing in going on her marches to confront the EDL. There must be those kind of characters on both sides. Just because someone is a bit misguided, it doesn't make them a facist. I doubt half the EDL, or the UAF, even know what facism means really. I don't understand why you can only see one side of it. That's my problem with this anti-fascist lot, a lot of them are even more narrow minded than the supposed facists, they just don't see at as narrow-mindedness because they think their way is right.

Pretty much how I feel.

It's annoying that you can't criticise one of these groups without people assuming you support the other side. It's annoying that people automatically assume that a group called "Unite against facism" is some bastion of morality. They are not, they are as bigoted as the other lot.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Pretty much how I feel.

It's annoying that you can't criticise one of these groups without people assuming you support the other side. It's annoying that people automatically assume that a group called "Unite against facism" is some bastion of morality. They are not, they are as bigoted as the other lot.

What's this? Reason and sense? On the Internet? No, no, no, nothing about this adds up at all.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Well, im sorry for posting links and pictures in relevent threads. I may not live there, but my family is there, and I have interests there.
I dont find it weird being interested in what the fascists do in my country. Sorry.

Do you actually fully understand the meaning of fascism. The UAF don't allow freedom of speech,they shout people down who don't agree with them and are very violent in order to get their way. All very fascist if you ask me.

Dandyman

In London village.
Your correct, as iv'e stated i am not a member of the EDL, so i have not been to their protests. I do feel they have a right to protest, they have not bombed, killed, or murdered anybody, have they. NONE is the answer. Where as you support a group that opposes them, in amongst radicals who want our soldiers to burn in hell and to take over the country and introduce their laws and their no go areas.
My choice is simple.

The EDL are no more interested in "protesting" than the NF or BUF were before them. They are interested in intimidating, threatening and assaulting Muslims, Trade Unionists, anti-cuts protestors and anyone else that is not part of their fascist worldview.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
The EDL are no more interested in "protesting" than the NF or BUF were before them. They are interested in intimidating, threatening and assaulting Muslims, Trade Unionists, anti-cuts protestors and anyone else that is not part of their fascist worldview.
and the "great"unwashed attack those that don't conform to their views! Shame on you Shame on you

Jan 30, 2008
approaching the war memorial to pay their 'respects' to lee rigby on saturday - seem to be differing views, but is that a mass nazi salute (or their own version of one)? Looks like it to me.

bmp_sidciaa8q-0.jpg:large
yeah right :dunce:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Odd. Still, at least it makes a change from him telling us that he lives I Prague, and he has a girlfriend half his age. Because he does you know, he lives in Prague. In Prague.
MAKES IT ALL THE MORE COMICAL!! ,seriously if he's that bothered come back and join the great unwashed in their crusade ,fair play to the EDL i say , i suspect dave's a little bit concerned .
regards
DR

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
yeah right :dunce:
regards
DR

If it isn't then what is it, their own version of one? I've never seen anyone do a 'V for Victory' sign like that before. And it's pretty clear what this fella is doing:

972156_10151590398811773_1703373119_n.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oh my God. Look, South African fan giving a nazi salute. It must be, right?

fans.jpg

(Do I need to post some sort of smiley just so people can see I'm not serious?)

Jan 30, 2008
if it isn't then what is it, their own version of one? I've never seen anyone do a 'v for victory' sign like that before. And it's pretty clear what this fella is doing:

972156_10151590398811773_1703373119_n.jpg
airbrushed ???AS I'VE ALREADY SAID PEOPLE WAVING THEIR ARMS ABOUT NEED TO BE ****ED OFF FROM THESE SHOWS OF SUPPORT
regards
DR

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
airbrushed ???AS I'VE ALREADY SAID PEOPLE WAVING THEIR ARMS ABOUT NEED TO BE ****ED OFF FROM THESE SHOWS OF SUPPORT
regards
DR

You really think that's airbrushed?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Does it matter if it isn't? It's one complete tool in a sea of intolerant but otherwise fairly ordinary working class blokes venting their spleen.

Sorry, I don't agree with them, I think they are targetting the wrong people, but I'm not tarring them all with the Nazi brush just because I don't like beered-up boorish white blokes.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I don't mean to be rude but a few years ago a bloke on here moaned about a picture of Brighton fans giving a Nazi salute at Dagenham away. Turned out that they were throwing paper up in the air and the camera caught them with arms out straight.

There's a photo of me and my 10 year old son and a mate that the Albion photographer took at Charlton away a few years back where we're doing the "who are you" chant - Our arms are exactly like that photo you are getting your knickers in a twist about.

Maybe just maybe you're reading too much into this. I've seen a few EDL marches down here in Brighton and the EDL lot do like to do the same wind-up football chants with arms straight in the air. You could be right that it's a nazi salute in your photo - and I know there's some videos with EDL supporters clearly giving nazi salutes but in this instance you've no way of knowing at all. I think you just want it to be true.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Does it matter if it isn't? It's one complete tool in a sea of intolerant but otherwise fairly ordinary working class blokes venting their spleen.

Sorry, I don't agree with them, I think they are targetting the wrong people, but I'm not tarring them all with the Nazi brush just because I don't like beered-up boorfish white blokes.

Really? ???

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Approaching the war memorial to pay their 'respects' to Lee Rigby on Saturday - seem to be differing views, but is that a mass Nazi salute (or their own version of one)? Looks like it to me.

BMP_SIDCIAA8q-0.jpg:large

so why's the bloke in the rather fetching tannoesque blue puffa jacket and black trainers at the front waving a small bush?

Nov 27, 2009
I support a group that opposes them?... Ive no links with UAF.....

EDL was formed out of disrespt of our troops in 2009...the people involved were charged...and EDL decided they would grow into a street movement against Radical Islam... what they have done since, is target all of Islam...that in my opinion is wrong.
The group is led by ex BNP...it full of British Neo Nazis (and more than one paedophile has been 'outed'....They attack moderate muslims in the street, physically, and verbally.... They came to Brighton to 'Smash Brighton'...not the commies...out of petulance having been shown the door 4 or 5 times already... If you want to support these people, its your right, its also my right to speak against them...is that ok with everybody?

What a complete and utter load of absolute rubbish!

Oh, and you forgot to mention the flowers that were gathered up from the war memorial in Sheffield, and torn to shred's, by certain people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here