Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Downtime next week [Apple content] - iPad 3/HD day today!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
As I understand it, W8 will have a dedicated version for tablets/mobile, written and configured specifically for ARM processors. There will also be a number Office compatible apps built into the tablet version. We shall have to wait and see.

My point was, that I would be pleased to see an iPad3 (or 2S) with an SD card slot, as it would put it straight at the top of my shopping list to replace my current ipad. I very much doubt I will by a W8 tablet regardless, although I can see businesses doing so, my company included, which would help me workwise.

I'm with you on the SD card slot issue. I can't be arsed with a fiddly accessory. I want to be able to take a photo when I'm out, then put the card into my iPad and transfer it over with mininum ballache. Sometimes I think Apple's determination to drive the industry forward can actually do more harm to consumers than good.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Take it down at 10am to give you all 8 hours to get ready?

Will we get to post during the last 15 minutes of the game on the official matchday thread ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will we get to post during the last 15 minutes of the game on the official matchday thread ???

Your timings might be out. The announcement kicks off at 6pm, here in the UK, and will likely run for an hour or so.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looks like we haven't been iFucked yet :lol:

D

Deleted member 18477

so then? thoughts on latest release? was it worth the wait? is it worth buying?

i for one hate the name. the new ipad? jesus christ. give it an HD or 3 title at least! i might buy it...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
NEW IPAD

Does anyone want to buy my iPad2?

(just kidding). IPad 2's reduced to £329 for the basic model. That's a bargain, but for £70 more...wow, the new one does look good!

so then? thoughts on latest release? was it worth the wait? is it worth buying?

i for one hate the name. the new ipad? jesus christ. give it an HD or 3 title at least! i might buy it...

I'm somewhat underwhelmed by the £70 price reduction on the iPad 2, was hoping (unrealistically) for a more significant cut. I may well have been interested at £250.

To the layman (i.e. me) the new iPad doesn't look significantly better than the 2; a nicer screen and a better camera. I'm still not quite sure how the average purchaser justifies £400 on a tablet, whether Apple or Android?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They only used 'new iPad' yesterday to distinguish it from iPad 2. I'm pretty sure it will just be referred to as 'iPad' from now on, in the same way as new MacBooks and the like do not have any numeric suffix - they just get refreshed - faster, quicker, bigger capacity etc.

The iPad is pretty much exactly as forecast with regard to the improvements made. I don't get this "it's not much different" line from some folk - I really don't know what they expected. This laptop I'm typing on is exactly the same form factor as my first laptop 15-20 years ago. The improvements are on the inside - higher res screen, faster CPU, more RAM, better graphics processing, bigger capacity hard drives and faster stuff to tie them all together.

Those banging on about a card slot on the iPad can just do one - it's not going to happen so stop going on about it.

I'm not sure what we're going to do - our launch day iPad is still going strong and perfectly adequate for us still. Cameras, solely for Facetime, would be useful so a refurbed iPad 2 might be the way to go.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm somewhat underwhelmed by the £70 price reduction on the iPad 2, was hoping (unrealistically) for a more significant cut. I may well have been interested at £250.

To the layman (i.e. me) the new iPad doesn't look significantly better than the 2; a nicer screen and a better camera. I'm still not quite sure how the average purchaser justifies £400 on a tablet, whether Apple or Android?

I'm not selling my iPad2, the iPad3 is seductive, but sten_super is right, in real user terms, if you've got an iPad 2, you're probably better off waiting for another year or so to see a significant upgrade. £329 is a good price for the iPad2 though.

With regard to price, it really does depend on your needs. It's an expensive tool for just viewing photos or surfing the net, however using it to it's potential and it's well worth the money in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here